ADVERTISEMENT

Odds we win 4 of final 6 and make a bowl??

GSC2013

Oct 11, 2015
Well...HBC said it best as the presser ended..."let's get moving".

Next era has officially begun. 2-4 with 6 games left. Need to win 4 for a bowl. It would be HUGE for the program and momentum, not to mention recruiting...and if a new HC was brought in he'd have the bowl game to observe the team in person.

What are the odds?
Vandy is winnable. Hopefully the team will rally and play with fire we haven't seen since 2013. WB Stadium needs to be rockin.
Texas A&M. It's off a bye week. And A&M may be beat up after playing Bama this week and @ Ole Miss next week. Unlikely...but...with 2 huge top 10 games before us and our bye week....who knows.
Tennessee. Depends which UT shows up. Josh Dobbs has been very shaky this year. UT has underachieved. Again....unlikely...but maybe. Depends how USC responds to this Stagg shakeup.
Florida. We get em at home. Their starting QB is out for the year. Not sure we can move the ball on that D.
Citadel should be a win.
Clemson....who knows.

So I think we have about a 60% chance of beating Vandy and Citadel.

That is 4-8.

We need 2 upsets out of A&M, TN, UF and Clemson. I'd say there's about a 20% chance of us doing that...at best. Unless...

If this team gets a surge of energy and rallies from the flood and retirement adversity....the 2nd half of the season could change. Maybe Connor Mitch returns...and maybe his personality just didn't vibe with Spurriers highly critical style....but with that gone...maybe he relaxes...opens up....and thrives. Maybe the young WRs finally get it and step up. Maybe Hoke finally plays the DBs closer than 15 yards off.

For whatever reason....sometimes teams rally under IHCs. Let's see.

Reactions: Dayonegamecock
Let's just say I won't be placing any money on us to go bowling this year.

Is there still a rule about going to a bowl with a losing record? Seems like I've seen a couple situations where teams with losing records wound up in bowls the past few years.

I think there is a great chance of that happening - 1 of Tenn or Fla - 1 of A&M and Clemson

My guess is Tenn and Clemson - lots of momentum with Clemson at 11-0 and in the national championship hunt coming to a fired up USC team needing a win for a bowl game - no pressure except for Clemson

I think there is a great chance of that happening - 1 of Tenn or Fla - 1 of A&M and Clemson

My guess is Tenn and Clemson - lots of momentum with Clemson at 11-0 and in the national championship hunt coming to a fired up USC team needing a win for a bowl game - no pressure except for Clemson
Do we have the talent to beat Clemson?

I see the 0 percenters. And I get it.

But looking at some past teams in our situation Iike Southern Cal when Kiffin left midseason and Ed Orgeron rallied them. Clemson got a boost of energy under Dabo midseason.

I think the team has nothing to lose and maybe Hoke starts playing far more aggressive. Mitch may come back and do better without SOS persona over him. Who knows.

I agree it's unlikely. But...crazy stuff happens.

I agree the best shot is beat Vandy and Citadel....pull a big one out at Tennessee somehow....and try to shock Clemson at home.

But again....

Florida comes here and their QB is out.

Texas A&M is inconsistent and they play Bama and Ole Miss before us....the notoriously hard letdown week after 2 major showdowns....plus we go there after having a bye. If we beat Vandy...have a bye...we will be a completely different team as far as mindset come October 31st. Could be much better. Or...much worse.

Just beat Vandy. Get to the bye. And 100% chance....by October 31st in Texas...USC will be a completely different team whether it's better or much worse!

Do we have the talent to beat Clemson?

Yes. But that's a huge gap from being physically able and just doing it. If you lined our guys up next to Louisville and everyone was in grey shorts and t shirts...you'd say our group had more talent overall. And they nearly did it.

We do not have the talent A&M has or Florida has.
We match up ok with Tennessee and Clemson.
We have better talent than Vandy and Citadel.

We must win the 2 we should.
Win 1 of the 2 we could.
And hope to pull 1 upset.

Yes. But that's a huge gap from being physically able and just doing it. If you lined our guys up next to Louisville and everyone was in grey shorts and t shirts...you'd say our group had more talent overall. And they nearly did it.

We do not have the talent A&M has or Florida has.
We match up ok with Tennessee and Clemson.
We have better talent than Vandy and Citadel.

We must win the 2 we should.
Win 1 of the 2 we could.
And hope to pull 1 upset.

Most on here don't want to admit but Clemson has much talent as anybody we play this year.

GSC2013, how do you figure we match up ok with CU? their type of offense is what eats our lunch on D.

GSC2013, how do you figure we match up ok with CU? their type of offense is what eats our lunch on D.

I just mean athletes if you lined them up in shirts and shorts.

I think our OL and LBs are better players (even if they are currently playing as well....potential vs performance). I think our RBs SHOULD BE better and could be. And honestly....I think DeShawn Watson is a good player but is under performing the hype. I think our DL is just as talented this year and deeper. They got us at QB and DB. Their WRS overall better but they don't have a Pharoah...but we don't have depth.

Not knocking them at all. Just saying person for person...our players can physically match them. The difference is they're performing and we arent. That's a mental and scheme issue.

It's not in me to be so negative. Odds are 5/7, but anything can happen. I think we have better players than people think or know. With Mangus in charge of the O...who knows. I know I am more interested in the rest of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT