ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, I have to ask? Too many Belk enthusiast not too!

And we have two good ones in Kinlaw and Thomas. Backups are young but talented...they all will get some playing time.
Kinlaw is a good one, no one never said he wasn't. I
All trolls aren't bad trolls..This is the first time i'm hearing about you and Clemson, but not surprised you have some orange in your blood and many of your post have Clemson mentioned in them.. Ok, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, after all i did compliment you.
See, i too, call it like i see it and the garnet glassers don't like that..

I just dislike Clemson more than you do...

you like both schools, huh, that definitely isnt allowed here.. ok, half a troll
Oh, I should have added. I get called a troll on Tnet all the time. I'm definitely not one of those 100% Thumbs Uppers they all seem so worried about! Some of them really don't like being called out for stupid comments, ha!

Yep, the future looks really bright for our DL. As for this season I believe

What you’re failing to realize is that he DOES change the entire DL and he IS something that we were missing this year...a big DT that will draw double teams and anchor the middle on short yardage and goal line situations. Even if he only plays 10-15 snaps a game this year he will be a big help in those specific areas and help the rotation.
I never saw or read where anyone said he was going to start and be a superstar DL this year, just that he would contribute and give us more options.

In this instance, i'd like to be wrong. I don't see Belk helping that much in big games this year, I'd like to see him redshirt, dedicate himself more to being a major contributor next year and losing the weight

In this instance, i'd like to be wrong. I don't see Belk helping that much in big games this year, I'd like to see him red shirt, dedicate himself more to being a major contributor next year and losing the weight
Well he’s got 3 more games he can play before they decide whether or not he’ll redshirt. So he’s good to go if we need him next week...and we just might!

the problem is SC is thin on the Dline and Belk may have to play more than i think he should.
This week should reveal a lot concerning the Dline
That's just it and what I said all week, this year isn't going to be his year. There is no way a dedicated player would jump up 20-30lbs in two months if he was serious about being a contributor. But others didn't want to hear it. He has a ways to go. If he has to be heavily relied on next week, then that won't bode well for us I'm afraid!

Reactions: legalsizecock
He was probably expecting to sit a year, and put off keeping in shape. He will be fine on weight by mid-season. He should blossom quickly with playing time.

He dominated elite offensive linemen in the Army All-American Bowl. The reason he was upgraded to a 5* and #1 DT and #25 player in the nation after the bowl in January.

He will be an absolute beast in the coming weeks. Should move up to second team fairly quickly. Should be in goal line plays this week, if needed. We only have one freshmen on either the first or second team, 4* Enagbare. With Belk in position to move up. We don't have a depth problem at the moment, just a couple of very talented freshmen that lack experience. They will learning on the job.

Remember that Belk is exceptionally strong and quick for his size. In high school he pro benched (225#) 30 times. He will dominate at his position, just needs experience.

He was probably expecting to sit a year, and put off keeping in shape. He will be fine on weight by mid-season. He should blossom quickly with playing time.

He dominated elite offensive linemen in the Army All-American Bowl. The reason he was upgraded to a 5* and #1 DT and #25 player in the nation after the bowl in January.

He will be an absolute beast in the coming weeks. Should move up to second team fairly quickly. Should be in goal line plays this week, if needed. We only have one freshmen on either the first or second team, 4* Enagbare. With Belk in position to move up. We don't have a depth problem at the moment, just a couple of very talented freshmen that lack experience. They will learning on the job.

Remember that Belk is exceptionally strong and quick for his size. In high school he pro benched (225#) 30 times. He will dominate at his position, just needs experience.
That's true, I don't think strength is a problem, he is stout. I remember Datboy talking about his strength.

Also have Sandidge who is ahead of Belk right now.

Can play in 4 games this year and still be redshirted.

Understood. Just saying I wouldn’t think the coaches would have picked Game 1 against Coastal as one of the four. Especially considering he’s a bit out of shape. Would have thought they’d hold him til later in the year when he’s in better shape and/or against a tougher opponent. Had they just played him UGA I would’ve thought that could’ve been one of the four or something.

Playing him this early and against Coastal makes me think the redshirt option is out the window.

Reactions: rogue cock
Understood. Just saying I wouldn’t think the coaches would have picked Game 1 against Coastal as one of the four. Especially considering he’s a bit out of shape. Would have thought they’d hold him til later in the year when he’s in better shape and/or against a tougher opponent. Had they just played him UGA I would’ve thought that could’ve been one of the four or something.

Playing him this early and against Coastal makes me think the redshirt option is out the window.
Especially when you consider he did no preparation for this game. We had plenty of depth for CCU. Absolutely no reason to play him, if you are considering a redshirt year.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
It was an analogy but I guess you missed that? You obviously didn't read all the posts after he was approved to play about how he was going to change the entire defensive line this year and he is what we were missing. Again, expectations that couldn't be met.

Analogies are supposed to be analogous. I guess you weren't aware of that. If you meant hyperbole it might make sense, analogy not so much.

He's a freshman. This was his first college game ever. He needs a lot of work as almost all freshmen do. His biggest problem right now is his footwork. That can certainly be helped by losing some of the extra weight he has. CC was able to block him one on one. He needs to get quicker off the ball and get some push up front. That will force the opponents to double team him which is his job, moreso than making plays.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT