ADVERTISEMENT

Ok so Petrino called his last TO and he didn't need too? Right?*

Wrong....
The rule is... the clock is started after ball is set.. after an offensive penalty..

Petrino was in a no win situation

Wrong....
The rule is... the clock is started after ball is set.. after an offensive penalty..

During the highlights I thought it showed the ref saying that there would be no clock run off.

Wrong....

This is completely incorrect. Offenses would just hold or commit other penalties all the time if this was true. How can you even believe this?

This is completely incorrect. Offenses would just hold or commit other penalties all the time if this was true. How can you even believe this?
im not going to argue with you... when you don't know the rules, go read a rule book then get back to me

im not going to argue with you... when you don't know the rules, go read a rule book then get back to me
Okay well I start off by saying that I am sorry it does appear as though you are mostly right. There are stipulations in the rule about consuming time via penalty by a winning team that are not allowed but at the least, you are more right than I am. And the fact that you are is completely insane, I think we are going to hear much more about this going forward but if the rule is deemed to have been correctly implemented then it HAS to be changed. If this is the case, you are an idiot if you are not instructing your team to commit holding penalties and the like when trying to consume clock at the end.

As far as Petrino goes, at the worst he still would have gotten the ball back with 25 or so seconds had he held on to that timeout as the play clock would have only had 25 seconds instead of the 40 they got after the time out. But either way I was much more wrong than I thought and I apologize. If it is deemed to have been called correctly then the rule is the height of absurdity.

Wrong....

Sorry, that's not correct and I don't need to read a rulebook.
During the highlights I thought it showed the ref saying that there would be no clock run off.
Correct. There is no 10 second runoff but the clock would indeed run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT