ADVERTISEMENT

Okay I'll tell y'all the football season win record early

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
I chuckle when I read Gamecocks fans talking about how we have to beat Kentucky then mention how much more important it is to beat Clemson. Listen. if we don't beat Kentucky forget Clemson it ain't happening they are in a different class all together we have to beat Jawga to talk about beating Clemson in the same sentence. Actually, we have some things in place to show off this year on both sides off the ball if you care to study it. Last year I called 9 wins and BINGO was the call, this year I am going to go out on a limb and call 10 and other bowl win. The souped up offense and a quicker defense will be the difference and also the OL win be better so there ya go. Thus says Jimnasium he has spoken.

I chuckle when I read Gamecocks fans talking about how we have to beat Kentucky then mention how much more important it is to beat Clemson. Listen. if we don't beat Kentucky forget Clemson it ain't happening they are in a different class all together we have to beat Jawga to talk about beating Clemson in the same sentence. Actually, we have some things in place to show off this year on both sides off the ball if you care to study it. Last year I called 9 wins and BINGO was the call, this year I am going to go out on a limb and call 10 and other bowl win. The souped up offense and a quicker defense will be the difference and also the OL win be better so there ya go. Thus says Jimnasium he has spoken.
We're always in preseason top 10 on here. Why would this year be any different?

Oh and glad we could provide you with a “chuckle”....you rarely see that word used outside of a Hardy’s Boy book

Last edited:
I will defer until after fall practice. Then a clearer picture will develop as to starters, injuries, etc.
In addition, the prevailing assumption is that of course we will improve while all opponents will remain as status quo.

Last edited:
We need to beat are 2 cupcakes and give the Dawgs a run for their money. Then take care of candy and Kentucky. 5 in a row can not happen. After that, we will have to win on the road for a few good wins.

I see 9 wins this year. But in no way do I see a win in the finale vs the taters. They have the same defense. We haven’t scored on that defense in the first 3 quarters in 2 years. And we have the same offense. Just don’t see it happening this year. But a good season once again.

Kentucky Football Record the past 8 years ... LOL ...their Greatest years ... LOL
2017 = 7-6
2016 = 7-6
2015 = 5-7
2014 = 5-7
'2013 = 2-10
2012 = 2-10
2011 = 6-7
2010 = 5-7
Yeah... Yeah, I guess we better beat Kentucky before running our mouths ... LOL!!!

Last edited:
Kentucky Football Record the past 8 years ... LOL ...their Greatest years ... LOL
2017 = 7-6
2016 = 7-6
2015 = 5-7
2014 = 5-7

'2013 = 2-10
2012 = 2-10
2011 = 6-7
2010 = 5-7
Yeah... Yeah, I guess we better beat Kentucky before running our mouths ... LOL
!!!

We are 3-5 against them during that time period. Our only 3 wins came during the 3 best years in our football history. Nothing about that causes me to LOL,

some of these predictors said SC would beat UCONN women....i think i'll hang on to my money before heading to vegas to bet the totals

What were your win total predictions for 2014, 2015 and 2016? I need to examine your track record before I bet the farm on 10 wins in 2018.

We need to beat are 2 cupcakes and give the Dawgs a run for their money. Then take care of candy and Kentucky. 5 in a row can not happen. After that, we will have to win on the road for a few good wins.

I see 9 wins this year. But in no way do I see a win in the finale vs the taters. They have the same defense. We haven’t scored on that defense in the first 3 quarters in 2 years. And we have the same offense. Just don’t see it happening this year. But a good season once again.
We don't have the same offense if Deebo is healthy.

Based on what we know right now, and if every game were played tomorrow

Wins- Coastal, Marshall, @Vandy, Chattanooga
Likely Wins- Missouri, Tennessee, @Ole Miss
Toss Up, Lean Our Way- @Kentucky, @Florida
Toss Up- A&M
Toss Up, Lean Other Way- Georgia
Likely Loss- @Clemson

Reactions: uscdoc
We won 9 games last year averaging 24 PPG. We were very lucky to do that. In order to win 10 games or more we've got to pick up at least a touchdown on offense. I think that starts with Werner improving Bentley's accuracy, but there has to be better play-calling and development overall on offense. We have the potential on offense, but we had potential last year and our offense underachieved.

I feel like I've heard this song before...
Yeah? A couple years back? When we won 11 games three consecutive seasons and had a 5 game win streak over clemzun? That is what it reminded me of as well.. hope you are right.

Based on what we know right now, and if every game were played tomorrow

Wins- Coastal, Marshall, @Vandy, Chattanooga
Likely Wins- Missouri, Tennessee, @Ole Miss
Toss Up, Lean Our Way- @Kentucky, @Florida
Toss Up- A&M
Toss Up, Lean Other Way- Georgia
Likely Loss- @Clemson
Team who was in the playoffs last year and returns many important componenets is “toss up lean other way”? I’d say UGA and clemson are both likely losses at this point.. If we are being real. Every other game on our schedule is winnable. Not EASY, but we should be in or expected to win every other game... Assuming Bentley and Deebo stay healthy, we have a shot at every team including UGA and the Taters.

I'm calling 11 wins including victory at dung valley...
I'm with you and i think with the right coaching we clan play with anybody on our schedule this year. We are catching Georgia at the right time and that should set the tone for the season if we can get by them. And if we do we should have a pretty good record but i am not getting my hopes up until i see us play some good competition.

Tentatively, and subject to change before season starts (injuries to us or opponents), I see at least 7 wins and a reasonable chance at 10 wins (several toss ups) regular season. Last year I called 6 to 8 wins, going with 8-4 (on record here), which we did.

This year, my tentative gut feeling is we beat Kentucky (yes, even on the road), but I am worried about Missouri, their offense came alive after our game last year, so those two may be a wash. All the new coach teams are a potential toss up, as you don't know if the new coach makes things gel and has a more decent team than expected, or it's a blowout for us. Florida is a potential gel team. Only Georgia and Clemson are expected losses.

However , I feel good about the Georgia game being early in the season again, with them having a lot of new faces (albeit talented new faces), and at home to boot. If Richt was still there might could count on a couple of player suspensions.Anyway, that game might lean towards a tossup, but wouldn't bet on it. Clemson will be a likely loss, unless we go into the game with one loss, or less. My tentative prediction is 9-3. But don't be shocked if we go 7-5 with all these toss ups. My prediction may change by August.

Last edited:
We're always in preseason top 10 on here. Why would this year be any different?

Preseason: When the offense finally clicks behind a beast offensive line.
We were damn lucky to win as many as we did last year. We could have a better team and still not win as much.

Reactions: rogue cock
We were down three O-linemen, our best wideout, and banged up RBs by mid season last year. We were thin at many positions and our kicking game was woeful at times. Yes, we were lucky to win as many as we did, but if we stay healthy and improve on our weaknesses - which it looks like we are - then 9-10 regular season wins should be an expectation.

We had 6 wins that could’ve gone the other way last year, tenn, vandy, fla, la tech, nc state, and mich. We somewhat took advantage of a sec east that was down last year with the Kentucky game being the one east team we should’ve beat but didn’t. Assuming the east is down overall again this year, 4-2, 5-1 is definitely doable with uga being the most likely loss. I like our chances with the west with t a&m at home and ole miss being the other west team. Out of conference, clemson is the only likely loss.
If we can stay relatively healthy, and improve offensively, we need to take advantage of what should be a favorable schedule and go 10-2 with a chance at 11 wins with the bowl game.
If Muschamp is going to ever win a conference title here, he is going to do it through recruiting and if he is going to build a program that can win titles, we have to take advantage of the east while we can. Recruits will follow the wins and last year’s schedule, along with this year’s can put us in a great position to land those recruits if we can capitalize on the schedule again

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
King you are indeed a study in cynicism.
While that statement is true, King Ward just predicted a 10-win season for us and you called him out for being a cynic? How many 10-win seasons have we had in our history? And to his point, I'm trying to remember a season in which we didn't get upset by somebody.

If we can get 10 wins (with the bowl) and look _competitive_ against UGA and Clemson and not get beaten by Kentucky, I'll definitely consider that a continuation of a positive trend. We can lose three regular season games this season and not get upset. A&M, UT, and UF are all big question marks, but it would not surprise me if at least one of them is MUCH improved over last year.

Reactions: rogue cock
While that statement is true, King Ward just predicted a 10-win season for us and you called him out for being a cynic? How many 10-win seasons have we had in our history? And to his point, I'm trying to remember a season in which we didn't get upset by somebody.

If we can get 10 wins (with the bowl) and look _competitive_ against UGA and Clemson and not get beaten by Kentucky, I'll definitely consider that a continuation of a positive trend. We can lose three regular season games this season and not get upset. A&M, UT, and UF are all big question marks, but it would not surprise me if at least one of them is MUCH improved over last year.
If we don't get 10 wins then read his posts.

Team who was in the playoffs last year and returns many important componenets is “toss up lean other way”? I’d say UGA and clemson are both likely losses at this point.. If we are being real. Every other game on our schedule is winnable. Not EASY, but we should be in or expected to win every other game... Assuming Bentley and Deebo stay healthy, we have a shot at every team including UGA and the Taters.

Yeah “toss up” is overly optimistic. I’d put beating Georgia, Week 2, in a prime time night game at WB at ~25-35%. They lose a decent amount and catching them early could be good for us. @Clemson more like 15-20%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT