ADVERTISEMENT

OL Issiah Walker decommitted

Looks like Texas swayed him if he’s in Texas and flashing the Horns. Haven’t even seen them in the mix or that they’ve offered. Maybe it’s just other guys he’s around. Regardless, he said he was done with his visits and firmly committed 3 days ago. He definitely doesn’t understand what 100% means.

Never Trust a Teenager

Reactions: 92Pony
Looks like Texas swayed him. Oddly enough he said he was done with his visits and firmly committed 3 days ago. He definitely doesn’t understand what 100% means.

Never Trust a Teenager

That's why I try (key word here is try) not to put any emotional stock in a verbal from a teenager. I don't count them as Gamecocks until we get their name on the proverbial dotted line.

Something about this just didn't feel right from the beginning. Maybe it was his offer list at that time, I don't know, but we'll move on to the next one.

Funny thing is if he decommit 2 months ago. Nobody would have been shocked. But, he just had his visit to USC and loved it. It will be interesting to see if we still recruit him.

This is why I say that a new commitment is "provisionally" good news. I know it irks people, but it is the literal truth until they actually participate, especially now.
Right. And usually we aren’t turning top recruits at the last minute but some of ours always flip to other schools

Funny thing is if he decommit 2 months ago. Nobody would have been shocked. But, he just had his visit to USC and loved it. It will be interesting to see if we still recruit him.
Oh well on to the next 4 or 5 star

I'm 100% in as a Gamecock.....oh wait did say 100%?
Sixty-Percent-of-the-Time.jpg

signing the letter of intent

it just means more

(It used to mean a lot more pre-portal)
And for that reason, I'm sticking with "participate", pending NCAA rule revisions. I understand they have recently come out with some "clarifications", but the effects of those are yet to be seen.

Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to think these kids are anything but kids.

It does feel the ones with dramatic recruitments don't fare as well.

His name would be removed from our list immediately if it was me. Character matters.

Reactions: Closer
His name would be removed from our list immediately if it was me. Character matters.

I'd be a horrible recruiter. I'd only accept commitments from kids who shut down their recruiting. Any recruit that took any other visits after committing would have their offer revoked.

Reactions: Zann77
I'd be a horrible recruiter. I'd only accept commitments from kids who shut down their recruiting. Any recruit that took any other visits after committing would have their offer revoked.

But I would venture to guess you would miss out on a lot of recruits, sadly to say.

And for that reason, I'm sticking with "participate", pending NCAA rule revisions. I understand they have recently come out with some "clarifications", but the effects of those are yet to be seen.

What's this new rule about?

DECOMMITING That’s an interesting word. It’s root word is commit. I seems to me a word that is a contradiction all by itself. Oh well, who cares about the meaning of anything. If you don’t like what it means, change the meaning. Similar to; if you don’t like this country..........

DECOMMITING That’s an interesting word. It’s root word is commit. I seems to me a word that is a contradiction all by itself. Oh well, who cares about the meaning of anything. If you don’t like what it means, change the meaning. Similar to; if you don’t like this country..........
I would imagine that was coined to describe what happens in college athletics. I've never heard it used in any other context.

I would imagine that was coined to describe what happens in college athletics. I've never heard it used in any other context.

It all very much reminds me of the opening scene from "There's something about Mary"
TED: Hey, Renise.

:She barely looks at him as he approaches, just drags on her smoke:

RENISE: Hey.

TED: So what's up?

RENISE: Eh.

TED: Great. Great...
So listen, uh, I was wondering if maybe you
wanted to go to the prom you know, with
me.

:Renise looks unenthused:

TED (cont'd): It's no big deal, whatever I mean, if you
want.