ADVERTISEMENT

Older man teaching young punk that crime does not pay

Saw this in more detail yesterday: the store has several surveillance videos on the gas pumps outside and on the parking lot, and they have a PC screen set up where the man was watching them - he had nothing else to do in the store at the time. He saw the kids pull up and get our of their car and immediately pull ski masks down over their heads, so he knew it was going down before they even got to the door. He was prepared and ready for them.....

Also, it was wrong for them to pull in and park in the handicapped parking spot, but thankfully the old man made sure they were crippled when they left it......

This incident reminds me of Desire by U2.

She's a candle burnin' in my room
Yeah, I'm like the needle
The needle and spoon
Over the counter, with a shotgun
Pretty soon, everybody's got one

I would’ve shot till I heard the “click” no way I could’ve stopped with life on the line and the adrenaline pumping
I do not know much about shotgun. Watching old western movies, it looks like you would have to reload frequently. I will say the older man did show restraint and was ready in case more punks came into the store.

Reactions: chief2791
I do not know much about shotgun. Watching old western movies, it looks like you would have to reload frequently. I will say the older man did show restraint and was ready in case more punks came into the store.

That's the old "break-open" single-shot or double-barrell shotgun, with loading in front of the breech. Now there are pump-action shotguns where you can load several shells at once in a side slot in front of the breech - with no breaking open of the gun. Those typically can hold up to 5 shells at once, but some can hold more. You just pump the gun to expel the spent shell and replace it with another un-used one....

Can't see what type of shotgun this man used, but he seemed to pump it initially before raising it and firing. You can hear the shotgun being pumped as the punk enters the store, and just as the little "ding-dong" plays from the door opening....

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
That's the old "break-open" single-shot or double-barrell shotgun, with loading in front of the breech. Now there are pump-action shotguns where you can load several shells at once in a side slot in front of the breech - with no breaking open of the gun. Those typically can hold up to 5 shells at once, but some can hold more. You just pump the gun to expel the spent shell and replace it with another un-used one....

Can't see what type of shotgun this man used, but he seemed to pump it initially before raising it and firing. You can hear the shotgun being pumped as the punk enters the store, and just as the little "ding-dong" plays from the door opening....
Thanks.

A home defense shotgun, usually a pump holds 6-10 rounds, semi automatic holds 3-20 rounds and he did hold his composure. Amazing job.

I have a nice Beretta automatic shotgun. No issue shooting multiple times fast.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Scattered like the cockroaches they are. BLM will demand the arrest of the store owner in 3...... 2....... 1....

Last edited:
Reactions: 92Pony
I realize these folks don't really care - but I've always wondered what it must be like to commit a crime like this and then be in the hospital depending on people to take care of you and to be kind to you and try to heal you.

all the while you know you broke the law- you did something that even children know isn't right.

and then, if they have a family, the family would come to visit knowing they had broken the law and was trying to hurt someone. Now, sometimes they family members aren't any better or different but I'd have to think odds being odds that sometimes the family is hurt by it.

I'd have so much guilt I don't think I could stand it.

But I realize these folks don't care. It just shows you how awful they are.

He f'd around and found out. Happened in California though, hopefully the old man isn't charged with something, you never know with those fruitcakes This is why we need guns. Old man would have probably been dead or seriously injured if he would have called (and waited on) the police.
No kidding…Cali is just the piece of crap state to prosecute the old man. There was not one but two shooters with AR style rifles so you know their intentions were nasty. Kudos to the old man for blowing that punks arm off.

Reactions: chief2791
Got a 5 shot Remington 1100……it’s badass loaded with buckshot or slugs. Perfect weapon for that close of a range.

Reactions: cocks rule
I know someone said that in the comments, but I believe it to be untrue. Here is a TV interview with the elderly store owner the next day. He seems fine.

oh. ok. Fair enough. I just saw this in the story

"Craig Cope, 80, opened fire with a shotgun when a would-be armed robber burst into Norco Market & Liquor with an AR-15. The suspect was shot in the arm and fled the store. Cope then suffered a minor heart attack from the shock of ordeal"

Scattered like the cockroaches they are. BLM will demand the arrest of the store owner in 3...... 2....... 1....
Why do you think this? The 2 perps I saw, including the guy that was shot, were white! Also, the owner did have a heart attack, luckily it was a small one and not fatal. I love the owners explaination of why he was so calm and why he only shot once!

Why do you think this? The 2 perps I saw, including the guy that was shot, were white! Also, the owner did have a heart attack, luckily it was a small one and not fatal. I love the owners explaination of why he was so calm and why he only shot once!
A criminal is a criminal, no matter their race, but in this case, all four guys were black.

Reactions: cocks rule
Couldn’t afford to miss. Shells were expensive as a kid!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT