ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss game thread

It's even deeper than that. Who are you going to be able to hire? South Carolina HC and OC jobs are a tough sell.

Beamers chance to hire an OC were during his first and second attempt. He blew both of those chances. Now? What OC is going to sign up to coach under Beamer thinking that it could be a one year stint?

Reactions: uscwatson21
Nothing blew up in my face. I've been busy with things much more important than football for the last 2 weeks.

Nobody is hiding from anything. Ole Miss is more talented than us. I had that as a loss since the start of the season. Kiffin is still a POS and not a good coach. Kentucky proved that.

Last edited:
No decent OC is going to hitch his wagon to Beamer at this point. Even worse, Clayton White if he's smart is going to move on knowing the rebuild our defense has to go through next year. So Beamer is going to be trying to hire an OC and a DC.

It's time to rip off the bandaid and move on.

Move on to what?

That's what clowns like you don't get. We are in the best conference in the country and face some of the toughest defenses any team will see. And we have the money to buy average offensive talent. At best.

What "decent" OC wants to be here in ANY scenario? If you were an OC in demand, would South Carolina be your pick?

And that is why I don't understand the search for a new AD doesn't begin until end of November, we seem to always wait and the cream of the crop has already been taken then we are stuck with the sticky crap at the bottom of the barrel

There is a pecking order. Top candidates know our job is going to be open. They will wait and see what else is available and then make a decision. Zero chance we would hire someone mid season, and even if we did and something better came open for them, they would likely bail.

Nothing blew up in my face. I've been busy with things much more important than football for the last 2 weeks.

Lmao

Translation, you've been in hiding for almost a week because you ran your mouth about Kiffin and it blew up in your face.

Tell us all again about how he was such a horrible coach that ole miss would run him out of town after Corral left.

Move on to what?

That's what clowns like you don't get. We are in the best conference in the country and face some of the toughest defenses any team will see. And we have the money to buy average offensive talent. At best.

What "decent" OC wants to be here in ANY scenario? If you were an OC in demand, would South Carolina be your pick?
For that matter, if you are a HC in demand, you’d only come if the Board of Trustees guaranteed $10 Million for five years.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
There is a pecking order. Top candidates know our job is going to be open. They will wait and see what else is available and then make a decision. Zero chance we would hire someone mid season, and even if we did and something better came open for them, they would likely bail.
Coaches that were around saw Spurrier win here, so it can be done, open the checkbook and see what it catches, but put in place stipulations, don't just hand them money like we did with Muschamp

Reactions: Lurker123
Coaches that were around saw Spurrier win here, so it can be done, open the checkbook and see what it catches, but put in place stipulations, don't just hand them money like we did with Muschamp

We are in no position to demand any stipulations from anybody. We can open our checkbook as wide as we want. There are a ton of schools with checkbooks much bigger.

We can't buy our way to success with coaches or players. That's just the reality of it.

An OC who wants to coach in the best league in the land? It works for recruits. We consistently recruit top 20ish classes, and the story is that they want to play in the SEC.

Throw in our "SEC" money, and there's no reason we should be settling for guys who couldn't get a job anywhere else.

We are in no position to demand any stipulations from anybody. We can open our checkbook as wide as we want. There are a ton of schools with checkbooks much bigger.

There will always be schools with bigger checkbooks. You're ignoring that we have a bigger checkbook than a lot of schools too.

No one is talking about stealing a coach from UGA or Texas.

Just try not to hire a position coach with no clue what he is doing.

The whole "position coach" narrative has expired. Beamer proved he was worthy of the job in his first 2 years here. Took over a shitshow and FAR exceeded expectations. The haters don't just get to ignore all his success and at like it never happened. Last year was down, but not a Muschamp type disaster. It's not like every coach we have ever had hasn't had a down year. Spurrier lost to VANDY in year THREE and FOUR and he didn't have to deal with other teams outright purchasing our best players.

In the end, barring a total collapse, Beamer isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The people who make the decisions deal with the actual reality of who we are and what we have and make decisions accordingly. We certainly aren't stealing UGA's or Texas's coaches. Hell, we couldn't even steal Louisiana's coach. Not sure how many times people need to see it to understand. We are not a desirable job for anybody looking to move up. Head coach or position coach. That's just reality.

The whole "position coach" narrative has expired. Beamer proved he was worthy of the job in his first 2 years here. Took over a shitshow and FAR exceeded expectations. The haters don't just get to ignore all his success and at like it never happened. Last year was down, but not a Muschamp type disaster. It's not like every coach we have ever had hasn't had a down year. Spurrier lost to VANDY in year THREE and FOUR and he didn't have to deal with other teams outright purchasing our best players.

In the end, barring a total collapse, Beamer isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The people who make the decisions deal with the actual reality of who we are and what we have and make decisions accordingly. We certainly aren't stealing UGA's or Texas's coaches. Hell, we couldn't even steal Louisiana's coach. Not sure how many times people need to see it to understand. We are not a desirable job for anybody looking to move up. Head coach or position coach. That's just reality.

The whole "position coach" narrative isn't expired, no matter how much you pretend. It's simply fact.

No one is ignoring what Beamer accomplished, it's simply being pointed out that his two game stretch of over achieving doesn't buy him an eternity of good will. He still needs to keep us bowl eligible as a minimum.

By the way, you know those two years spurrier lost to vandy? He was still bowl eligible both years.

I agree with you on one thing. Beamer isn't going anywhere soon. The new AD won't pull the trigger this quickly, if hes even hired in time. I see Beamer being gone after next season.

Then you'll change your handle, pretending you never wanted Beamer, and start a posting campaign of unquestioning loyalty to whomever the new AD hires. Frothing at the mouth and swearing at any fan who doesn't show the level of unthinking "loyalty" you do.

Last edited:
The whole "position coach" narrative isn't expired, no matter how much you pretend. It's simply fact.

No one is ignoring what Beamer accomplished, it's simply being pointed out that his two game stretch of over achieving doesn't buy him an eternity of good will. He still needs to keep us bowl eligible as a minimum.

By the way, you know those two years spurrier lost to vandy? He was still bowl eligible both years.

I agree with you on one thing. Beamer isn't going anywhere soon. The new AD won't pull the trigger this quickly, if hes even hired in time. I see Beamer being gone after next season.

Then you'll change your handle, pretending you never wanted Beamer, and start a posting campaign of unquestioning loyalty to whomever the new AD hires. Frothing at the mouth and swearing at any fan who doesn't show the level of unthinking "loyalty" you do.

We need more money to buy and retain players -- especially on offense.

We might need a new OC at season's end.

Boobirds would not have complained if they were told pre-season started that we would be sitting at 2-2 with this schedule.

The UK win on the road was better than anything Spurrier did in his 4th season.

Beamer remains within a game or two of all-time wins leader after over 40 games.

But it wasn't just a 2 game stretch. In his first 2 years, he beat Florida, Auburn, North Carolina, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Tennessee and Clemson. After taking over a complete total mess. Nobody said it bought an "eternity" of goodwill. And going to a meaningless bowl after losing to Vandy isn't really something to brag about. One year we weren't even picked and the other was an embarrassing loss to Iowa where we looked as unprepared as we did against Ole Miss.

My handle isn't going anywhere. But if Beamer is fired, I will absolutely support the new coach and hope he wins it all for us. Not be the howling monkey crybaby from day one because I didn't get my way. I said it before and will say it again. Beamer wasn't my first choice for the position. But I'm certain not going to be the shit fan that constantly focuses on the negative and tries to downplay anything positive. That's petty bitch stuff.

Move on to what?

I honestly just can't even understand this pathetic mentality. Because it's just frankly, pathetic. So you would rather just make excuses that we sucks instead of trying to not suck?

Little ole Mississippi who we generally out recruited and significantly out fundraised over this century managed to pull off hiring competent coaches and are enjoying success from it. If they can do it, there is zero reason we can't do it.

The only thing stopping us is that loser's mentality of not trying.

But it wasn't just a 2 game stretch. In his first 2 years, he beat Florida, Auburn, North Carolina, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Tennessee and Clemson. After taking over a complete total mess.

If he took over a complete mess, why were we better in year 2 than year 4?

I cant blame anyone for being tired of seeing yet another coach in the company of Sparky Woods, Brad Scott and Will Muschamp where their best year(s) have been within their first two... only to get worse when the roster is filled with their own players. It's a tired story line here and it's way too common. Personally I dont care if we become a revolving door every four years until that changes. And I'm certainly not wanting to keep a guy because I'm too worried about who the next hire will be. In fact you wouldn't find that concern on my radar. Analysis paralysis has no place in college football. Quick on the hook I say... when year 3 and 4 are worse than 1 and 2 you should expect to be shown the door. You didn't get it done. Simple as that.

I honestly just can't even understand this pathetic mentality. Because it's just frankly, pathetic. So you would rather just make excuses that we sucks instead of trying to not suck?

Little ole Mississippi who we generally out recruited and significantly out fundraised over this century managed to pull off hiring competent coaches and are enjoying success from it. If they can do it, there is zero reason we can't do it.

The only thing stopping us is that loser's mentality of not trying.

Well, you've been wishing us to be great forever. How far has that gotten you? Or did you just start doing that with Beamer? Were you a loser before?

But I can be fixed. Just send a little bit of money like I do to NIL. Can't buy players with crying. Ole Miss didn't buy our best returning player with internet boohooing.

I cant blame anyone for being tired of seeing yet another coach in the company of Sparky Woods, Brad Scott and Will Muschamp where their best year(s) have been within their first two... only to get worse when the roster is filled with their own players. It's a tired story line here and it's way too common. Personally I dont care if we become a revolving door every four years until that changes. And I'm certainly not wanting to keep a guy because I'm too worried about who the next hire will be. In fact you wouldn't find that concern on my radar. Analysis paralysis has no place in college football. Quick on the hook I say... when year 3 and 4 are worse than 1 and 2 you should expect to be shown the door. You didn't get it done. Simple as that.

The difference between Beamer and those coaches you mentioned is that he's losing his star players on offense.

It's not a 4-year system anymore unless we can start retaining the best talent we have.

NIL. All about money now. Think we can spend $8 million on a QB like Tennessee?

Interesting you're changing the subject. Why are you suddenly using Tennessee as a comparison who has always out fundraised us than comparing us to a team like Mississippi that we have always out fundraised?

Interesting you're changing the subject. Why are you suddenly using Tennessee as a comparison who has always out fundraised us than comparing us to a team like Mississippi that we have always out fundraised?

Yeah - That's a lie and you know it. Mississippi has scorched the NIL and it's been well-publicized. Troll.

The difference between Beamer and those coaches you mentioned is that he's losing his star players on offense.

It's no surprising that you're the type of person when your girlfriend dumped you, you blamed her and the next guy instead of admitting why she got tired of you.

It's no surprising that you're the type of person when your girlfriend dumped you, you blamed her and the next guy instead of admitting why she got tired of you.

Coming from the guy who has openly admitted that if Spurrier was watching his best talent bolt at the end of each season -- he would have walked.

Last edited:

Ole Miss literally bought the best player on our team.

And SI has them as one of the top 10 collectives in college football. Not sure why you think we are out fundraising them. You are delusional.

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/...ve-collective-top-20-most-ambitious-nil-funds

Old Dominion game was a feeler game for a new offense.

UK game was excellent coaching.

LSU game was very good coaching.

Ole Miss game was a story of a banged up offense (RB and QB) and below average play calling by Loggains.

Let's fire Beamer though. :)

Ole Miss literally bought the best player on our team.

And SI has them as one of the top 10 collectives in college football. Not sure why you think we are out fundraising them. You are delusional.

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/...ve-collective-top-20-most-ambitious-nil-funds

This is where your lack of intellect really prevents you from understanding the straw man argument you're making.

We have 30+ years of SEC revenue to emphatically prove that our school has always generated more revenue in athletics than Ole Miss. We have the same data that shows Tennessee has awlays generated more revenue than we have. Those are indisputable facts.

If Ole Miss is spending more money on NIL than we are, it isn't because their fanbase has more money than we do. We have 30 years of evidence that isn't true. If they're spending more money on NIL it's because they have a great coach, who wins games, and plays fun football and is building excitement for their fanbase to spend more money on NIL.

A smart person realizes, we would be spending more money on NIL if we had a coach the fanbase actually believed in. But we had a coach who has spent a bunch of NIL money on backups and is heading for a 5-7 to 6-6 season at best in year four.

It's not a 4-year system anymore unless we can start retaining the best talent we have.
Disagree with saying its not "anymore". The system we now have is a plug and play system. If anything it takes a year off of what it did to rebuild or build a team... at least a year off. In other words, it just got easier to get the player needed to run your system,,, assuming you have a system. Im not sure we do. And if we do, not even Tannyhill recognizes it.

This is where your lack of intellect really prevents you from understanding the straw man argument you're making.

We have 30+ years of SEC revenue to emphatically prove that our school has always generated more revenue in athletics than Ole Miss. We have the same data that shows Tennessee has awlays generated more revenue than we have. Those are indisputable facts.

If Ole Miss is spending more money on NIL than we are, it isn't because their fanbase has more money than we do. We have 30 years of evidence that isn't true. If they're spending more money on NIL it's because they have a great coach, who wins games, and plays fun football and is building excitement for their fanbase to spend more money on NIL.

A smart person realizes, we would be spending more money on NIL if we had a coach the fanbase actually believed in. But we had a coach who has spent a bunch of NIL money on backups and is heading for a 5-7 to 6-6 season at best in year four.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. ($155mil in 2023)
https://nowandever.olemiss.edu/stories/um-records-second-highest-annual-total-for-private-support/

The UM AD fundraising alone was 3.5 times ours in 2023.

"The Grove" NIL Collective is one of the best in the country probably closer to 10x what ours is.

Kiffin has gushed about the money that poured in when he started crying.

Troll.

Disagree with saying its not "anymore". The system we now have is a plug and play system. If anything it takes a year off of what it did to rebuild or build a team... at least a year off. In other words, it just got easier to get the player needed to run your system,,, assuming you have a system. Im not sure we do. And if we do, not even Tannyhill recognizes it.

Not following....We're literally losing our best pieces in the system because we can't afford to keep them. This isn't happening to most teams in the SEC. The last thing you want to do is keep trying to replace your best talent every season.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021

A smart person would realize that the NIL money has to be there to begin with. No coach is going to come with the promise that NIL is going to increase.

A smart person would realize there is literally NO NEGATIVE to getting more money, no matter who the coach is. Even if you think the current coach isn't spending it well, the next coach will see the fan commitment and that will help sell the program.

Kiffin literally begs for money. And their fans responded. And he still hasn't won anything. Still hasn't beaten a top 10 team in the regular season. Hasn't beaten Bama. Hasn't beaten Georgia. And just lost to Kentucky. With a QB that is #13 in NIL valuation. We don't have anybody in the top 100.

Reactions: Ward Jr
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. ($155mil in 2023)
https://nowandever.olemiss.edu/stories/um-records-second-highest-annual-total-for-private-support/

The UM AD fundraising alone was 3.5 times ours in 2023.

"The Grove" NIL Collective is one of the best in the country probably closer to 10x what ours is.

Kiffin has gushed about the money that poured in when he started crying.

Troll.

I mean, this fool literally sees our best player on the field for the other team and somehow thinks we are out fundraising them.

How f'ing stupid do you have to be to not "get it" after seeing that?

But it wasn't just a 2 game stretch. In his first 2 years, he beat Florida, Auburn, North Carolina, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Tennessee and Clemson. After taking over a complete total mess. Nobody said it bought an "eternity" of goodwill. And going to a meaningless bowl after losing to Vandy isn't really something to brag about. One year we weren't even picked and the other was an embarrassing loss to Iowa where we looked as unprepared as we did against Ole Miss.

My handle isn't going anywhere. But if Beamer is fired, I will absolutely support the new coach and hope he wins it all for us. Not be the howling monkey crybaby from day one because I didn't get my way. I said it before and will say it again. Beamer wasn't my first choice for the position. But I'm certain not going to be the shit fan that constantly focuses on the negative and tries to downplay anything positive. That's petty bitch stuff.

So, in your magical world, two games have miraculously become two full years. Laughable.

Even if we take your retarded ramblings for truth, you're saying he coached well in his first two years, with muschamps players, and then sh!t the bed in year 3 and is looking like he's following up with another year just like it.

So he's getting worse.

And yes, you will change your handle, just like you did when muschamp was fired.

You like to whine and cry that people are too negative, but the truth is that Beamer was a mistake. FROM DAY ONE. And you were too stupid to see it. And instead of having one iota of a backbone, or testicular fortitude, and admitting we were right, you deflect by whining and crying that you're somehow a better fan because you stayed positive about a failure.

You are joke. But you can pretend to start over with that new handle.

Last edited:
Not following....We're literally losing our best pieces in the system because we can't afford to keep them. This isn't happening to most teams in the SEC. The last thing you want to do is keep trying to replace your best talent every season.
A coach has to be able to hold on to his players. That can easily be as much his fault as the university. I have a hard time believing he isn't being given what he needs to keep players he wants to keep. I'd have to know more on a case by case basis to make an assessment. That said, players will come and players will go. Every league prior to college deals with it. It is nothing new. And they dont have portals to draw from.

Reactions: Lurker123
Kiffin literally begs for money. And their fans responded. And he still hasn't won anything.

This is very ironic, considering our last game, and who it was against.

But you're right, a 10 win season and an 11 win season, finishing ranked 11th and 9th, is easy. Any idiot coach can do it.

Well, except Beamer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT