ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss game thread

I don't believe any of it. Talk is cheap.

Always follow the money. Eventually, it will lead you to the correct answer. Most people learn that pretty early on.

Except you don't know the specifics of the money. And many people make decisions contrary to following money. Admittedly it's not most.

I just wonder if you'd be so quick to dismiss the actual players' words if they supported your position instead of proving you wrong.

Except you don't know the specifics of the money. And many people make decisions contrary to following money. Admittedly it's not most.

I just wonder if you'd be so quick to dismiss the actual players' words if they supported your position instead of proving you wrong.

ESPN announcers are openly discussing teams with $20-30mil per year to spend.

Spurrier has suggested a $30mil cap for teams.

There's absolutely no way we're spending even $4-5mil a year on players.

If you want to try to challenge that notion, please provide a morsel of evidence to the contrary.

Our best players have walked for two years straight.

If you have a $15-25mil gap in purchasing power, the talent gap obviously gets exponentially worse with each year that goes by.

Many big NIL teams make a point of openly publicizing their NIL pulls. Ole Miss is one of those teams.

Last edited:
I would be interested to hear who and how many players of ours have bolted for more money elsewhere. Not players that want to play on better teams or for better coaching. Actually said so... no assumptions. If it's one or two, I feel pretty confident that is happening all over the country. And if you are going to get some of your best talent from the portal, dont be surprised to see them go back to the portal.

Players going elsewhere is nothing new in sports. If you read my post I said prior to college. We should be able to deal with it. Or are we the only one that can't?

Back to funding. Are we choosing not to fund our best talent or can we not afford to keep them? Are some players being unreasonable or have we not adjusted to times we are in? Lots of questions. Again no assumptions. Do you have serious answers because it sounds like a bunch of assumptions? I am all ears.

Probably not a good time in college football to have a bad team. I hope he can turn it around. I would guess our turnover rate was normal in Beamer's first couple of years given the era we are in. Guys deciding whether or not they like the new coach or school. A year three losing season didn't help retention I'm sure tho. Gotta do better and stay out the basement or we will lose more players.
Having winning records and positive media coverage definitely raises the stock of the standout players.

There's absolutely no way we're spending even $4-5mil a year on players.

If you want to try to challenge that notion, please provide a morsel of evidence to the contrary.

"If you can't provide evidence I don't have, my completely unsupported claims must be true!"

Reactions: bucketdad
"If you can't provide evidence I don't have, my completely unsupported claims must be true!"

The only three NIL players we've had in the news (and you've consistently complained about) are Rattler, Harbor, and Wells.

Now do Ole Miss.

There are entire teams being paid, Angel of Darkness.

The only three NIL players we've had in the news (and you've consistently complained about) are Rattler, Harbor, and Wells.

Now do Ole Miss.

There are entire teams being paid, Angel of Darkness.

We had to fire Beamer’s right hand man for tampering with a player from UAB.

Maybe we are just bad at spending our money?

That’s the much more likely assumption but it disagrees with what you want to be true so you’ll ignore it.

We had to fire Beamer’s right hand man for tampering with a player from UAB.

Maybe we are just bad at spending our money?

That’s the much more likely assumption but it disagrees with what you want to be true so you’ll ignore it.

That could mean anything.

You don't think someone from UAB might want to play in the SEC without monetary incentive?

Regardless, us picking from the UABs while Ole Miss picks from the SEC/P5 teams with their wealth ain't the same.

I would be interested to hear who and how many players of ours have bolted for more money elsewhere. Not players that want to play on better teams or for better coaching. Actually said so... no assumptions. If it's one or two, I feel pretty confident that is happening all over the country. And if you are going to get some of your best talent from the portal, dont be surprised to see them go back to the portal.

Players going elsewhere is nothing new in sports. If you read my post I said prior to college. We should be able to deal with it. Or are we the only one that can't?

Back to funding. Are we choosing not to fund our best talent or can we not afford to keep them? Are some players being unreasonable or have we not adjusted to times we are in? Lots of questions. Again no assumptions. Do you have serious answers because it sounds like a bunch of assumptions? I am all ears.

Probably not a good time in college football to have a bad team. I hope he can turn it around. I would guess our turnover rate was normal in Beamer's first couple of years given the era we are in. Guys deciding whether or not they like the new coach or school. A year three losing season didn't help retention I'm sure tho. Gotta do better and stay out the basement or we will lose more players.

There's no transparency so you have to rely on deductive reasoning.

Media is talking about teams with $20-30mil per year budgets.

There are some teams who are in the headlines all the time for NIL deals -- just not us.

Columbia-native Jordan Burch likely didn't go to Oregon because he was dying to see the West Coast.

Mario Andersen didn't go to Memphis because he wanted to get out of the SEC.

NIL opportunist, Juice Wells, didn't leave $500K on the table to go play for Ole Miss.

Jaheim Bell openly went to FSU for the money.

Same with Gilber Edmond.

And so on....

Some coaches talk openly about the NIL. Beamer does not and there's a reason for that.

Last edited:
There's no transparency so you have to rely on deductive reasoning.

Media is talking about teams with $20-30mil per year budgets.

There are some teams who are in the headlines all the time for NIL deals -- just not us.

Columbia-native Jordan Burch likely didn't go to Oregon because he was dying to see the West Coast.

Mario Andersen didn't go to Memphis because he wanted to get out of the SEC.

NIL opportunist, Juice Wells, didn't leave $500K on the table to go play for Ole Miss.

Jaheim Bell openly went to FSU for the money.

Same with Gilber Edmond.

And so on....

Some coaches talk openly about the NIL. Beamer does not and there's a reason for that.

It's amazing how all of your "deductive" conclusions all end up in your favor...

It's amazing how all of your "deductive" conclusions all end up in your favor...

So this is your counter, Dr. Humanities?

I'm simply pointing out the obvious.

If you get excited banging the Beamer drum 24/7, have at it.

Sprinkle in some Ray for good measure.

Juice Wells 0 receptions yesterday.

Maybe he was just a product of having Spencer Rattler more so than being a great WR?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT