ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State registered sex offender pitcher is unhittable

No one on here knows any facts about the case. Why pass judgement on something you know nothing about. I’m pulling for the kid. I hope he gets a second chance. I know someone that did a year in prison for this when his 6 year old step daughter said he raped her. The only reason he got out is because the mother of the child caught her confessing to her friend that it was a lie. Not everyone is guilty. Their are the wrongly accused.
You are making assumptions, based on YOUR experience with another case. Not everyone is wrongly accused and you have absolutely no proof that the girl was lying.

Reactions: king ward
I wonder what he'd post if it were his daughter? The man plead guilty.

Well I have never had to face anything that happened to my daughter but my oldest son was killed by a drunk driver. He was coming home with a friend in high school when they were hit head on. So while I don’t have any experience with a situation exactly like this it is close.

I have been to the prison where the man that hit my son is and talked to him. I told him that everyone makes mistakes and that I forgave him. I also told him that if he accepted Jesus Christ I would be at his hearing when it comes up with my support.

Well I have never had to face anything that happened to my daughter but my oldest son was killed by a drunk driver. He was coming home with a friend in high school when they were hit head on. So while I don’t have any experience with a situation exactly like this it is close.

I have been to the prison where the man that hit my son is and talked to him. I told him that everyone makes mistakes and that I forgave him. I also told him that if he accepted Jesus Christ I would be at his hearing when it comes up with my support.
I'm a Christian. I'm thankful for the grace that allowed you to do that. I really don't want to find out if I could summon up such grace in the same situation. I can be pretty hard sometimes.

You did the right thing, did he accepted the Lord's grace or has this man? We are to forgive but that's our role the offenders have to take the next step and some won't or just don't. It's one thing to judge others but another thing to follow the facts and there are still worldly prices to pay. I'm more concerned about how the child is doing and how he can show his face on a pitchers mound. Jesus forgave the criminal on the cross but he still was put to death.

No he never admitted to doing it. That’s where you are wrong. Did he plead guilty yes. That was because of the deal he was offered. The fact that the deal was so good, tells me there was not a lot of states evidence and it was his word against hers. In America if if it’s a sexual assault case and it’s hers against yours, even if you are completely innocent, you are screwed.
He admitted to it when the parents noticed there was something wrong with the six year old. This isn't a her word against his. This was the result of a physical examination by a doctor of a SIX year old. Stop making excuses.

Everything I have read says he voluntarily withdrew, that Oregon State did not force that. He announced his withdrawal, not the team like would be the case if it were a disciplinary action.

"The Oregonian/OregonLive

Oregon State ace Luke Heimlich announced Thursday that he will not play in the College World Series but hopes to rejoin the Beavers baseball team next season -- a prospect that was endorsed by the university's president.

"I'm sad to say I am not joining them," Heimlich, 21, said in a statement issued through a family representative, "because doing so would only create further distraction for my teammates, more turmoil for my family, and given the high profile of the national championship, direct even more unwanted attention to an innocent young girl. I want to wish my teammates the best. I hope they understand this decision as my family and I continue to work through this together. My hope is to return to OSU next year as a student-athlete and continue to earn the trust of my community."

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/06/luke_heimlich_not_traveling_to.html

Here is USAToday from the time:

"Oregon State pitcher Luke Heimlich, whose criminal history of pleading guilty to molesting a 6-year-old when he was a teenager was reported by The Oregonian on Thursday, won't pitch in the upcoming series his team has with Vanderbilt.

Heimlich released a statement Friday about his situation and closed by saying that he "respectfully requested to be excused from playing at this time.""

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...excused-oregon-state-baseball-team/102687552/

I don't see anything about Oregon state taking any action against him. He requested to be excused.
This was after he was told he would be removed.

In whose eyes yours?
Does it matter? Raping children is NOT forgivable. People who do that can NOT be rehabilitated, and they will do it over and over again. Forgiving them does Nothing.

Yes it matters because it’s not my job to judge. By everything I have ever read it is a forgivable sin because the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the holy spirit.

It's completely black and white. He molested a six year old child. He admitted it at the time, and he continued admitting it until he saw that it is going to cost him a career.

I'm not condoning that type of violence, in any way, no matter the age, but wasn't he also a kid when it happened? He wasn't an adult.

15 and a 6 year old? How does that change anything?
I'm a former 15 year old and I knew what 6 years old meant. Apparently MLB isn't interested in him and the child's mother says she has no idea how get is playing ball. Look, I hope this guy finds the path to God because without him he will do it again molesters can't be rehibiltated on their own. JMHO

I'm not condoning that type of violence, in any way, no matter the age, but wasn't he also a kid when it happened? He wasn't an adult.
C'mon my gay brother....15 yrs of age, you know the difference between right and wrong...this may not sound like a good analogy but I drove a school bus at 16 for Byrnes High. I was approved to drive at 15...are you telling me that at 15 I did not know what responsibility was? Man have times changed...they used to trust us with the lives of 50 passengers...but you can molest someone at the same age and it's just because he's a kid...I was a kid, and I knew that I had 50 lives depending on me....maybe not the greatest analogy but 15 yr olds know the difference between right and wrong...

C'mon my gay brother....15 yrs of age, you know the difference between right and wrong...this may not sound like a good analogy but I drove a school bus at 16 for Byrnes High. I was approved to drive at 15...are you telling me that at 15 I did not know what responsibility was? Man have times changed...they used to trust us with the lives of 50 passengers...but you can molest someone at the same age and it's just because he's a kid...I was a kid, and I knew that I had 50 lives depending on me....maybe not the greatest analogy but 15 yr olds know the difference between right and wrong...

I didn't know how old he was, just that it happened a number of years ago. Yes, 15 year olds know what they're doing.

I believe in 2nd chances and this guy is young (college age himself) and has cleared whatever punishment society deemed adequate .

However raping a child is just on a whole different level. I hate to judge this kid based on internet chat room rumors but if the details are accurate and he raped a 6 year old child why is he not in prison now?

That is a crime that I do not think can be rehabilitated from. It's just in their blood and given an opportunity it will happen again. I'm not sure what's appropriate in this situation nor does Oregon st. The only thing I do know is that if I were a gm for a baseball franchise I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole

You obviously know nothing about the justice system. I hate to tell you but if you were wrongfully accused of murder and the deal was we will take it down to manslaughter and probation vs life in prison. You would accept the deal plead guilty and move on. Most people would.

Sure you would do that, but it would still be an admission of guilt. That is what pleading guilty is. A defendant can choose to plead nolo contendre which doesn't admit guilty but allows sentencing much like a guilty plea. Most likely the prosecutor wouldn't give him the plea deal without a guilty plea. It is an admission, there is no way around that.

I get it about the plea deal, but there is very rarely a reason for a grown man to be alone with a small child. At the very least, this guy was not smart enough to avoid a suspicious situation. If he had an alibi that he was in another location there is no case.

What universe are you living in? "There is very rarely a reason for a grown man to be alone with a small child" is a bizarre statement. Lots of uncles babysit nieces and nephews. Older cousins with younger ones. Nothing about that is rare at all.

You are a rare breed my brother. You are a true Christian. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Also we all know how screwed up the justice system really works in this country. If you are charged with a crime with a 10 year sentence, gamble with a jury trial and lose, you're gonna eat that full 10 years. Therefore the solicitor gives you a plea deal. How about no trial and you admit guilt and you get 5 years probation. Without being a rocket scientist most people do the math and accept the plead.

I myself, innocent of any wrong doing would take a plea deal like this in some circumstances .

I will tell you I would eat those ten years head on because their is no way in hell I would ever molest a child or plead guilty to molesting a child. I would let a jury decide my fate.

He did something. He admitted he did something by pleading guilty. Nothing more really to say. I just finished reading several news articles about his case. It was his brothers daughter. It must have ripped the family apart because his brother and his wife are now divorced. She stated he wasn't a terrible person but he did a terrible thing. He also, as part of his plead, had to write an apology letter to the 6 year old girl.

Does this sound like an innocent man to you?

No one on here knows any facts about the case.
THIS can not be overstated. Not just for those on this board, but for everyone. And none of us will ever know all the details and facts unless someone involved makes it public.

Unjustified false outrage...just what the world needs more of.

Reactions: wentzel25
Does it matter? Raping children is NOT forgivable. People who do that can NOT be rehabilitated, and they will do it over and over again. Forgiving them does Nothing.
I know I’m late to the party here, but how do know it was rape Kitchenlabs?
OK, you don’t. None of us know what happened or the extent of the abuse and we shouldn’t speculate.

I agree with you that perverts and molesters can’t be rehabilitated, but we don’t know that’s the case here. Or at least I don’t and I would be welcome to info you have supporting your opinion.

I know I’m late to the party here, but how do know it was rape Kitchenlabs?
OK, you don’t. None of us know what happened or the extent of the abuse and we shouldn’t speculate.

I agree with you that perverts and molesters can’t be rehabilitated, but we don’t know that’s the case here. Or at least I don’t and I would be welcome to info you have supporting your opinion.

According the the court reports he pulled the 6 year old girls panties down and molested her inside and out. He wrote an apology letter to the child as part of his deal. He plead guilty and was to register as a sex offender for 5 years and attend counseling . I detail everything I found above in one of my post.

According the the court reports he pulled the 6 year old girls panties down and molested her inside and out. He wrote an apology letter to the child as part of his deal. He plead guilty and was to register as a sex offender for 5 years and attend counseling . I detail everything I found above in one of my post.
In your first post on the subject you said “I hate to judge this kid based on internet chat room rumors” and you’re still responding without providing a link or anything substantial other than internet hearsay.

Time to lay it down?

And homosexuality. The Bible says that not me and I'm far from a bible thumper
He said unforgivable sins not your run of the mill everyday sins. I didnt write the bible. I didnt bring the topic up. I was correcting him on an unforgivable sin according to the Bible. Try and keep up
LMAO...JFFR you should probably stay away from religious topics.

Hmm, doesn't it also say that tattoos are a sin and wearing mixed fibers are a sin? You can't pick and choose.

No. It told the Israelites not to do that. It doesn't say those were sins. It also told them to make certain burnt offerings, keep certain holy days and other things that were not repeated as commands to Christians.

Reactions: jimnasium
I should've inserted links to begin with. If you read 3 or 4 articles it gives you damn near every detail.

According to court records, the newspaper said, she told investigators that she was in Heimlich’s bedroom at his home south of Seattle when he pulled her underwear down and “touched her on both the inside and outside.” The Oregonian quoted the documents as saying, “She told him to stop, but he wouldn’t.”

As part of a plea deal, reached when Heimlich was 16, one of the charges was dropped and he was placed on two years’ probation, took court-ordered classes and had to register for five years as a Level 1 sex offender, a designation the state of Washington uses for someone considered of low risk to the community and unlikely to become a repeat offender.

Heimlich also had to write a letter apologizing to his niece.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/sports/luke-heimlich-sex-crime.html

What universe are you living in? "There is very rarely a reason for a grown man to be alone with a small child" is a bizarre statement. Lots of uncles babysit nieces and nephews. Older cousins with younger ones. Nothing about that is rare at all.
So you think the guy likes to be alone with small children for what reason ?

It's completely black and white. He molested a six year old child. He admitted it at the time, and he continued admitting it until he saw that it is going to cost him a career.
It is not completely black and white unless you are aware of all the details.

I am not defending what he did. He should never be alone with children again. However, unless he is to be exiled to a prison community or put to death, should't he be allowed into society somehow?

Molestation can often scar a person for life. However, even after it happens there must be some kind of recovery process for both victim and perp. Don't need a perpetual victim, nor a perpetual pariah. That being said, child molesters can not ever be trusted alone with children again due to astonishingly high recidivism.

How about the molesters on the Clemson team. Should they be prevented from playing college football for life? Or is molesting an 18 year old ok?

From what I have read, this kid completed some type of rehabilitation. Of course, it's impossible to know if someone is rehabilitated, but I will say that if we don't believe or support the rehabilitation of a 15 year old, what are we doing?

From what I have read, this kid completed some type of rehabilitation. Of course, it's impossible to know if someone is rehabilitated, but I will say that if we don't believe or support the rehabilitation of a 15 year old, what are we doing?
I don't believe in the rehabbing of any sex offender. I don't care how old they are. It just can't be done.

You wouldnt take him on our team? Thats your motto, win at all costs, right?
No I wouldn't and neither would many teams. Why do you think MLB haven't drafted him? He also never disclosed it to OSU. That's a big deal not to come clean. Also he may have been 15 but he knew what he was doing was wrong with a six year old. Shouldn't there be consequences for your actions? Like not be allowed to play college baseball. He didn't go to jail. If this was a situation where he was 18 and he had a consensual relationship with an underage 16 year old that would be one thing. But the girl was six.

No. It told the Israelites not to do that. It doesn't say those were sins. It also told them to make certain burnt offerings, keep certain holy days and other things that were not repeated as commands to Christians.
For the ones who bring the Old Testament into it I'll say this, they would have stoned this person even at 15 yrs.

Reactions: NCGamcockFan2167
I don't believe in the rehabbing of any sex offender. I don't care how old they are. It just can't be done.

Well that's a very specific opinion about what could be a broad type of behavior. That would be assuming the same of all mental illness in my opinion, which seems way too simple.

I've been weighing the various viewpoints expressed in this thread, but there can be no certainty attached to any of them outside of this excellent point.
All the details? What other details was he forced at gun point to do this? He fessed up I'm all about forgiving but not about being naive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT