ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anybody got any good new music recommendations? Love the Greta Van Fleet referral several months

I am on a roll. If I am annoying anyone, let me know and I will shut up! Maybe. This is a band that I have been listening to since 1986 that sadly, no one has ever heard....

I started branching out a year or so ago to off-the-wall stuff just to hear something different and came across this band. Apparently they are Christian Jews singing in ancient Hebrew and playing contemporary/Jewish music and using some of the ancient instruments. Yes, the singer looks like the singer from Cinderella but I love their music.

Reactions: Neanderthal
I am tempted to post a video I have of the last show with a band I played with in the early 90's but its a little scary....
Do it.
Thanks for sharing. I dig it!
Actually, I listened to it closer and I really dig it. Nothing better than a good singer/songwriter with just an acoustic guitar and some powerful words. Good stuff my friend.

You're too kind. Scary playing your own stuff.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
This is my favorite singer/songwriter. Doesnt hurt that he is now a friend of mine but I started listening to him before I met and got to know him. WISH I could write like this....

Reactions: SCspur1
I found it! Dont laugh. It was 1991 @ Liberty University. We were the first band to play anything close to metal on a stage at Liberty and believe it or not, there was about 1500 people at this show. I am playing the red bass. I wrote the music, the singer wrote the lyrics and there are a few spots where he hits a terrible note. However, I still like the music. What is sad is that the singer is now a professor at the Univ. of Vermont and is as loony liberal as you can get, as well as being an atheist. The guitar player in the green pants is still a close friend of mine but he too now claims to be an atheist. I am still a believer and I was the black sheep at the time! This was shot in March of 1991.

Just to be different here, here is my one R&B song. This girl can sang! And as far as I am concerned, she is pretty easy on the eyes, but still, pretty much an unknown. AND, she is married to a white guy, so there is still hope....

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I may. I will have to find it. Thing is, the singer is all off-key and he wrote the words while I wrote the music. Still like the music...
Man you have GOT TO DO IT NOW!!!! You done messed around and got a few of us intrigued!!!

Seriously though, please post it up for us!!

Just to be different here, here is my one R&B song. This girl can sang! And as far as I am concerned, she is pretty easy on the eyes, but still, pretty much an unknown. AND, she is married to a white guy, so there is still hope....

Now this one is slightly OT here, but by no means in regards to a totally different subject so to speak!!

Anyway, a few weeks ago, after we so unexpectedly beat Florida by 23 points, I posted a tune from one of the bands that I truly love, especially thier stuff from the late 60's all the way thru the 70's!!

Of course I'm referencing The Stones here, but hey, that's just me!!

Now to get to point, the Great and Wonderful Drummer Charlie Watts passed away back on August 24th of this year, a mere 37 days prior to The Stones playing in Charlotte.

Now do let me note that in No Way am I questioning The Stones for proceeding with thier tour without Charlie, for they had already planned to do such prior to Charlie's death, and certainly with his own approval of drummer Steve Jordan to take his place as he (i.e., Charlie himself) recovered from his surgery.

Now as a tribute to Charlie Watts and just how wonderfully awesome he was as a drummer (Charlie Watts was a very primary part of The Stones sound in general - the most basic and wonderful part of such!!), and back to the very tune that I referenced within the post that I made after we beat the gators, please take a listen to Midnight Rambler!

Just start out at the very beginning with your primary focus on Charlie's basic sound, yet more importantly his overall beat count.

Just listen to what Charlie does at the at the 1:31 point!!
Heads up, but you prolly would've never even noticed Charlie pulling such off!!

Suffice it to say, it puts the very wonderful icing on the cake of that awesome Stones song!!

What Charlie does there literally makes this an official tune of The Rolling Stones!! What Charlie did during his entire time as a Rolling Stones member, literally made them who they are!!

In closing, by all means what I've posted here is merely my very own opinion!!

Having stated such, by all means feel free to correct any errors on my part!!

Gaim

I found it! Dont laugh. It was 1991 @ Liberty University. We were the first band to play anything close to metal on a stage at Liberty and believe it or not, there was about 1500 people at this show. I am playing the red bass. I wrote the music, the singer wrote the lyrics and there are a few spots where he hits a terrible note. However, I still like the music. What is sad is that the singer is now a professor at the Univ. of Vermont and is as loony liberal as you can get, as well as being an atheist. The guitar player in the green pants is still a close friend of mine but he too now claims to be an atheist. I am still a believer and I was the black sheep at the time! This was shot in March of 1991.
Must have been fun having all those Liberty girls cutting loose with Christian metal. Band is tight.

I haven't been back through this thread in a while but I will assume that everyone here owns a copy of Lucinda Williams' Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. It is a masterpiece.
Listened to that a few weeks back for the first time in a long time and see why it is mentioned as one of the best in the Americana genre, the guitar work is incredible!

Has anyone looked at there Spotify 2021 wrapped video, that feature blew me away yesterday with how it keeps up with all your listening statistics for the year.

I know I’m late to the party on this guy but Damn his new stuff is just fantastic . Amazing singer , Guitarist , songwriter etc etc . His old man wasn’t to bad either (yes it’s Willie’s son)

I saw them open for Nathaniel Rateliff a couple years ago. Good stuff. I preferred them to Rateliff. They are also Bradley Cooper’s band in A Star is Born and Lukas wrote a bunch of songs in the soundtrack.
I actually had no idea who he was when I went to the show. Started singing and I’m thinking wow this guy kinda sounds like Willie Nelson. Duh!

I saw them open for Nathaniel Rateliff a couple years ago. Good stuff. I preferred them to Rateliff. They are also Bradley Cooper’s band in A Star is Born and Lukas wrote a bunch of songs in the soundtrack.
I actually had no idea who he was when I went to the show. Started singing and I’m thinking wow this guy kinda sounds like Willie Nelson. Duh!
Exactly, saw them open for Willie at the Township, he puts out some good music.

This is a good one to start with.
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiODY4MDg3MC4xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6MzAwfSwianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo2NX0sInRvRm9ybWF0IjoianBlZyJ9LCJ0aW1lc3RhbXAiOjE1OTA1ODQ0NjV9

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I dig it!
Actually, I listened to it closer and I really dig it. Nothing better than a good singer/songwriter with just an acoustic guitar and some powerful words. Good stuff my friend.
Yep, reminds me a lot of Chris Knight, another one I can't listen to enough.

Reactions: punydevil
If you love music you need to see this documentary, at least watch from around the 30:00 min mark!

Haven't found much new, but I rewatched the Last Waltz last night and this one jumped out at me. Love the sound these guys put out, Danko isn't the purist vocalist, but he's got a great delivery.

Reactions: coolcock2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT