ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anybody got any good new music recommendations? Love the Greta Van Fleet referral several months

Ok hate to be that guy but ... 2020 has been a big FU to all working musicians so I don’t feel as bad !!! Lol . This is a song from one of my Original projects . Check it out and give me some thoughts . Been in the music business 20 years so my skin is super thick . If you dig it buy one of our records on Spotify so i can afford good beer !! Just kidding . Love this thread btw .

Found this to be interesting. I have been looking since the early online MP3 days for music from two guys who were part of two early groups named American Flyer and Pure Prairie League. Remember "Amie". Anyway, Craig Fuller and Eric Kaz had a self titled project and two American Flyer albums. California country rock. It took twenty years for them to show on a music site....Amazon now has those albums. Really good Eagles, Poco kind of stuff. Some very old NEW music for you.

Reactions: Patriot321
Found this to be interesting. I have been looking since the early online MP3 days for music from two guys who were part of two early groups named American Flyer and Pure Prairie League. Remember "Amie". Anyway, Craig Fuller and Eric Kaz had a self titled project and two American Flyer albums. California country rock. It took twenty years for them to show on a music site....Amazon now has those albums. Really good Eagles, Poco kind of stuff. Some very old NEW music for you.
Very Impressive.
I had totally forgot about American Flyer and have not heard them in quite some time, so now looking forward to hearing them again. i was a fan of POCO, despite all the personnel changes they continued to make some solid music. The album Legend of course is a classic, but my favorite was Legacy.

Reactions: fowl_mood
Very Impressive.
I had totally forgot about American Flyer and have not heard them in quite some time, so now looking forward to hearing them again. i was a fan of POCO, despite all the personnel changes they continued to make some solid music. The album Legend of course is a classic, but my favorite was Legacy.
You guys are right, Cali sound was pretty cool, and you go pretty deep with it!

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
-

Austin is a very music filled town and lots of musicians here have had a really bad 2020. Bars and venues are closed. No concerts. Restaurants with limited seating.

You guys are right, Cali sound was pretty cool, and you go pretty deep with it!
Another favorite of mine from that time was Andrew Gold, notably his album All This and Heaven Too. I played that album till there weren't any grooves left on the disc.

Musical Trivia: Gold's mother was the actual singer for the following actors in the films mentioned. Deborah Kerr - King and I, Natalie Wood - West Side Story, and Audrey Hepburn - My Fair Lady.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I did the same thing with the Firefall albums!

Would you guys say The Flying Burrito Bros. were the originators of the sound?

I did the same thing with the Firefall albums!

Would you guys say The Flying Burrito Bros. were the originators of the sound?
Makes for an interesting discussion, some may go with the Byrds when they were joined by Gram Parsons, and then others followed and started evolving for the SoCal sound. No matter who started it, we all benefited.

Andrew Gold's "Thank You for being a Friend" would be an appropriate audio clip on Facebook here 42 years later. 😀 The music is timeless.

Great guitar album, will remind you of several influences, top five albums I've heard this year!

Had a hard time picking one off what I consider country album of the year! Somebody was asking for some old school country.

Just found these guys today, another solid album start to finish, nice slow burn, very Lake Street Dive/Leon Bridges!

Great guitar album, will remind you of several influences, top five albums I've heard this year!

Had a hard time picking one off what I consider country album of the year! Somebody was asking for some old school country.

Just found these guys today, another solid album start to finish, nice slow burn, very Lake Street Dive/Leon Bridges!
Love me some Brent Cobb

Blue Oyster Cult has their first new album in almost 20 years out now and it's very good. It's the best new music I've heard in quite a while. This video is a bit cheesy, but it was produced in quarantine.

One of my favorite bands playing one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs. Could be our theme song here. lol

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Really good southern rock album throughout, Doug Pettibone doesn't hurt! If you like Little Feat, Skynyrd and ARS, check it out!

Something a little different, a little quirky 60's sound with a great band and excellent writing!

images

Another Dan Auerbach produced gem if you like the R&B, heavy on the B, but it's really a Country album. I can't hear a bad song on the album, reminds me a lot of William Bell's This is where I live album, great storytelling!

Greta Van Fleet has that Led Zeppelin sound and it’s awesome. Bobbyb posted a video of a kid playing guitar a few months ago that was great! I can’t remember his name.

Thought maybe he meant Gary Clark, Jr. until I saw the video posted above. That kid is awesome.

Christone is a MONSTER !!! I meet him at a festival in Mobile about 5 or 6 years ago . I think he was 17 or 18 at the time and he absolutely DESTROYED his set . People were absolutely dumbfounded. What’s even better is he is the nicest most humble kids you could ever meet . Can’t say enough good things about him .

Thought maybe he meant Gary Clark, Jr. until I saw the video posted above. That kid is awesome.

This guy is one of the most underrated guitarist on the planet . He’s a friend and personal mentor to me . He’s one of the most incredible musicians I’ve ever met . Not many know him by name but if you’ve listened to a lot of soul and RnB you’ve heard him on records . He’s toured with Bonnie Raitt, John Cleary , the Neville brothers , etc et. . He’s a very private dude so not many know about him but let me tell you …. Every time I see he perform I’m flabbergasted. Mr Derwin “Big D” Perkins

FYI, for you Kingfish Ingram fans, he has a new album out. I can't say it wowed me on first listen and it won't touch his Kingfish album, but it's not a bad sophomore effort from a kid! If you dig the blues the Black Keys have a really good album out, drawing a ton from the R.L. Burnside sound!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT