ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ATT raises prices again

Firestick + Playstation Vue is your friend. I have gone the entire fall (football season) and have never missed any game I've wanted to watch. ACC / SEC / All of em'. We DVR everything we want to watch with Playsation Vue too. We also have Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I don't miss Directv. Got so much content to watch it's amazing.

Reactions: cocks rule
Directv prices increased! Why am I not surprised!
About this time last year was when I "cut the cable". Never regretted it. Paying $30 per mth compared to paying $120 with DirectTV. I got exactly what I want with a antena in my attic (for all the locals), Roku Streaming device (stick), Sling TV (with all the sports channels I want), a few free movie Apps (Kanopy, Hoopla) and the PBS App.

Yesterday, I got rid of U-verse, increased my internet speed and signed up for YouTube TV, which gave me all the sports channels I needed. Other than sports, I don't watch a ton of tv. There are other streaming services that have more entertainment channels, but YouTube TV's forte is sports. I'll save about $80 a month, total.

Yesterday, I got rid of U-verse, increased my internet speed and signed up for YouTube TV, which gave me all the sports channels I needed. Other than sports, I don't watch a ton of tv. There are other streaming services that have more entertainment channels, but YouTube TV's forte is sports. I'll save about $80 a month, total.
Plus the unlimited DVR and generous multi streaming. PSVue locks you into your main house for streaming. Youtube TV is more forgiving and has an awesome interface. I dumped PSVue when they were going to raise my cost or drop my SEC network coverage.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Plus the unlimited DVR and generous multi streaming. PSVue locks you into your main house for streaming. Youtube TV is more forgiving and has an awesome interface. I dumped PSVue when they were going to raise my cost or drop my SEC network coverage.
I’m still trying to understand the advantage of YouTube vs Hulu TV. I just got started with Hulu, and I’m not sure why anyone else would pick a different service.

I did mine 2 weeks ago and got it down to about $55, including HBO, Starz, Showtime. When you call, at the voice prompt say "cancel service" and they send you to the customer retention department, not the regular folks, or at least they did for me.

Directv prices increased! Why am I not surprised!
It's on purpose, they are bleeding the old users dry until it doesn't become proftable anymore.
It's AT&T business model.

There's no innovation there.
Same thing that happen to all the Bells... to Cingular... will happen to a streaming services.
It eventually won't be profitable anymore fleecing their customers so they will buy another business to remain relevant and will bleed that business into the ground.

I use a Roku and WiFi. During football season I used my neighbors Wifi at football condo. So yes somebody has to pay for internet access but since I have 3 homes I only pay for Youtube TV once. Dvr is great. Does not go out in heavy rain. With the Roku I can project my cell phone to any tv that has hdmi.
Can watch any channel anywhere I have cell service or wifi on phone

I switched to Youtube Tv from Playstation Vue. Youtube is better. Watch anywhere you have internet. Just have a roku with you.
Youtube is easier to use also.

Reactions: bayrooster
Count me as another fan of YouTubeTV.
Had it almost a year now.
You can have 6 profiles
Endless DVR storage
SEC Network (you have to watch anything on SEC Alternate on the ESPN App)

I feel entitled....I pay $15 for Netflix and $45 for my internet. I never have to watch any commercials.

I got mine reduced by $40...I hinted to them I needed to save money or I was dropping them. Mind you I have been a customer since 1995. They gave my HBO ( I needed it because of GOT starting back up in April and I needed to re-watch the series). Going forward I am leaning towards the Hulu's and the Firesticks of the world.
I do save a little money because I have everything bundled (Cell and Internet), although the internet speeds suck.

I got mine reduced by $40...I hinted to them I needed to save money or I was dropping them. Mind you I have been a customer since 1995. They gave my HBO ( I needed it because of GOT starting back up in April and I needed to re-watch the series). Going forward I am leaning towards the Hulu's and the Firesticks of the world.
I do save a little money because I have everything bundled (Cell and Internet), although the internet speeds suck.
I dropped cable a little over a week ago and am saving about $75 per month. Not sure I need everything I signed up for though. It literally gives me a headache trying to figure out what I'm going to watch now because of all the choices. Laughing I have Hulu only for the entire catalog of Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Drunk History -- only $8 per month for Hulu (going down to $6/month soon).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT