ADVERTISEMENT

OT: But I cannot believe that the case of the little Cayce girl hasn't even been mentioned here...

Cases like this invariably fit a pattern. It would be most unlikely that Taylor woke up that morning and decided, with no previous thought, to kidnap and kill Faye Swetlik.
...and likely there is trauma in Taylor's past.

We aren’t being told the whole story, this doesn’t add up at all. I can understand respect for the family, I’m just saying I’m not buying what the cops are telling us. #fakenews

We aren’t being told the whole story, this doesn’t add up at all. I can understand respect for the family, I’m just saying I’m not buying what the cops are telling us. #fakenews

I fully understand protecting the families privacy. At this point I just wonder if the initial response was handled correctly and I hope that eventually there will be some transparency in how this was investigated.

Reactions: robertfootball
What if he was killed by the girl’s killer while trying to protect her?

This still doesn't make any sense....

The little girl was killed hours after she vanished...

Cayce Police question the neighbors, including Cody the killer...

Suicide by cutting his own throat????

Where is the roommate??? Did he have a hand in it???

I feel like the Cayce Police botched this up from the beginning.... If this happened under Leon Lott's county, this would have been solved in a matter of hours....

And I hate that if a little 6 year old child goes missing, you have to wait hours to report it... The first 30 minutes is very important, after that... It's too late...

Here is what we know about Taylor and his connection to the crime.

How did he die?

Shortly after police found Swetlik’s body, they heard a report of a man on his back porch bleeding from the neck. Police identified him as Coty Taylor.

Taylor’s death was ruled a suicide, according to Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher. He died from an injury to the neck, which coroner described in a news release as an “incised wound.”

How did he get caught?

Police had established a perimeter around the Churchill Heights neighborhood after Swetlik’s mother reported her missing. That perimeter included talking to every neighbor, searching cars that went in and out of the neighborhood and asking to search residents’ homes, said Byron Snellgrove, the director of the Cayce Department of Public Safety.

On Thursday, police followed garbage collectors on their routine rounds and searched through each trash can for evidence, Snellgrove said. When police searched the trash outside 602 Picadilly Square, they discovered a polka-dot boot and a soup ladle that contained freshly-dug dirt, Snellgrove said. Reports said Faye was wearing polka-dot boots when she disappeared.

Police searched his house and found Swetlik’s DNA inside, Snellgrove said.

Had police ever interacted with Taylor before?

Yes. When police searched the neighborhood and spoke to neighbors, Taylor was one of those they spoke to, Snellgrove said. Taylor even gave police permission to look around his house, but police did not find anything. Snellgrove said the police interview with Taylor did not yield any useful information.

Are there any other suspects?

No. Taylor did have a roommate at 602 Picadilly Square, but police have no evidence the roommate was involved, Snellgrove said.

“He appears to be the sole perpitrator,” Snellgrove said.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article240404461.html?#storylink=cpy

Back porch? I thought his body was discovered with Faye’s?

I heard this morning that the little girl was killed 2 hours of being missing...

The Cayce police questioned neighbors earlier in the search, but they didn't question the killer until Wednesday and searched his apartment...

Then they waited until trash day to look into all the trash cans on the road before pickup time and found a boot and soup ladle that contained dirt. From there, they went into the woods again and found the little girl...

Why didn't they go straight to the killer's apartment? I believed they may have gotten to him before he "killed himself" Or did he??? Who cuts their own throat??? That is strange...

I want to know, where is the roommate???? I know it has been reported that "police have no evidence the roommate was involved.."

But did they questioned the roommate???

This really bothers me on how the Cayce Police handled this case from the start and I hope there wasn't two killers involved in this case...

There's no point in releasing more details. It would only be for our morbid curiosity. The girl is dead. Her killer is dead. It would be different if there was a trial and his degree of punishment needed to be determined.

I'm assuming that the investigators have ruled out such a possibility... but going only from the details that have been released, it seems quite plausible that Mr. Taylor is being framed.

Considering:
-the child was abducted and killed on Monday
-his home was searched on Wednesday
-evidence was found in his garbage on Thursday
-followed by her body, his body and DNA evidence inside of his home

Unanswered questions:
Where was her body on Wednesday (when Mr. Taylor's home was searched)?
Was the evidence found on Thursday present on Wednesday?
When was Mr. Taylor killed?

Is it possible that Mr. Taylor went outside to investigate someone discarding the body, was noticed and subsequently killed, with evidence then planted at his residence?

Again, I'm assuming this is not possible and that the general public is just not (yet) privy to the relevant details.

I'm going to stick with the Police report until there is proof otherwise. I've seen people do some crazy stuff to others and themselves. Sometimes people are disturbed sometimes just evil.

This is not a slam on all the great staff who put in the time & effort to date but one question is nagging me...does anyone know if a search dog were used to canvas her neighborhood when the police initially went to the culprit's house? And if not, are search dogs typically not used until much later if initial searches come up empty? I know the report yesterday said little Faye died several hours after she was abducted so perhaps a search dog could have led investigators to her (dead or alive) that same day.

This is not a slam on all the great staff who put in the time & effort to date but one question is nagging me...does anyone know if a search dog were used to canvas her neighborhood when the police initially went to the culprit's house? And if not, are search dogs typically not used until much later if initial searches come up empty? I know the report yesterday said little Faye died several hours after she was abducted so perhaps a search dog could have led investigators to her (dead or alive) that same day.
Here in Virginia search dogs used by the State Police are usually called in by the request of the local sheriff's or police department. Most of the time the kids are found at a friend's house, most the time...

Reactions: Cockish
I'm assuming that the investigators have ruled out such a possibility... but going only from the details that have been released, it seems quite plausible that Mr. Taylor is being framed.

Considering:

Unanswered questions:

Is it possible that Mr. Taylor went outside to investigate someone discarding the body, was noticed and subsequently killed, with evidence then planted at his residence?

Again, I'm assuming this is not possible and that the general public is just not (yet) privy to the relevant details.

You're not the first person to think this... I actually heard several people say this...

This could be part of child sex trafficking and the police don't want to come out and say it...

The child was killed within 2 hours being snatched... The FBI was also investigating the case, I do they take on local child snatching???

Non of this really makes sense... I just hope there isn't another killer out there...

The ratio of times that there is a sole killer and when there are two killers working in concert is at least 1000 to 1 in cases that don't involve mafia, drug deals, etc but instead are a murder of a child.

Where is the roommate????

Child was snatched and killed on Monday within 2 hours...

Police search for the child 2 hours after the report of missing child...

We're told the Police spoke to every neighbor, searching cars that went in and out of the neighborhood and asking to search residents homes....

The police searched the killer's apartment on Wednesday... The Child has been dead for a couple of days... You don't think the roommate came home during that and say... "Dude, what's with the little girls on the floor???"

DNA all over the apartment and somehow the Police searched that apartment, no where else that we are being told... That little girls body had to be somewhere...

We're told the Police spoke to every neighbor, searching cars that went in and out of the neighborhood and asking to search residents homes....

The police searched the killer's apartment on Wednesday... The Child has been dead for a couple of days... You don't think the roommate came home during that and say... "Dude, what's with the little girls on the floor???"

DNA all over the apartment and somehow the Police searched that apartment, no where else that we are being told... That little girls body had to be somewhere...

The body was obviously somewhere else.

The body was obviously somewhere else.

Obviously....

The body wasn't in the woods when the Cayce Police first search the woods behind the apartment, but the body was moved in the woods after the Cayce police searched the area...

Another question that needs to be answered...

Search dogs, why didn't the Cayce Police requested the dogs??? Last seen playing in the front yard, that would be a good time to send the dogs out... And by all accounts, finding the child alive was a foregone conclusion....

I just think in the early stages of a missing child, the Cayce Police didn't take it seriously enough...

Obviously....

The body wasn't in the woods when the Cayce Police first search the woods behind the apartment, but the body was moved in the woods after the Cayce police searched the area...

Another question that needs to be answered...

Search dogs, why didn't the Cayce Police requested the dogs??? Last seen playing in the front yard, that would be a good time to send the dogs out... And by all accounts, finding the child alive was a foregone conclusion....

I just think in the early stages of a missing child, the Cayce Police didn't take it seriously enough...

Do you know that they didn't do search dogs?

Police were notified 1h15m after the girl went missing (or was noticed to be missing, so quite possibly longer than that). Coroner estimates she was killed within 2 hours of being taken. No police intervention could have saved her life.

This thing they were involved in is not a particularly easy thing to do.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

We are obviously not being told the whole story. Investigations work that way. I expect most killers are smart enough to hide a body from a roommate. But they would be negligent not to ask the roommate lots of questions.

There are so many variables to the investigation and search for any missing child. Almost all the time they end up being at a friend's or neighbors house. It also depends on the scene and how it has been contaminated before investigators/dogs arrive. Questions like, has the child been around that apartment recently? All this and hundreds more have to be filtered through.
A buddy of mine has to go to Quantico to train for this. He was called out on Christmas day to find a missing child that was a couple houses down playing.
Any conclusions without the facts are just guesses, let them finish their work.

There's no point in releasing more details. It would only be for our morbid curiosity. The girl is dead. Her killer is dead. It would be different if there was a trial and his degree of punishment needed to be determined.
In addition to psychiatry, I see you are also an expert at forensic analysis. You also seem to know what is best for everyone else (not calling you a know-it-all).

That's been my question all along. It seems the dogs would have gone straight to Taylor's house being that he was only a few hundred feet away. And the body was probably in his house when they talked to him and supposedly searched his house. If not in the house he would have had to of driven her somewhere and again the dogs should have hit on his vehicle. I hate to say I think they are not completely truthful in the initial "search" and are trying to not look like they botched this investigation.

That's been my question all along. It seems the dogs would have gone straight to Taylor's house being that he was only a few hundred feet away. And the body was probably in his house when they talked to him and supposedly searched his house. If not in the house he would have had to of driven her somewhere and again the dogs should have hit on his vehicle. I hate to say I think they are not completely truthful in the initial "search" and are trying to not look like they botched this investigation.
Dogs are actually quite unreliable. Ever notice when they're mentioned in a news article it often ends with "but they lost the trail" or "the trail went cold"? They're a tool but not the be-all-end-all.

Dogs may have been used from the beginning. If I am not mistaken, and I often am, in the 911 call her mother made, the dispatcher mentions sending out a deputy with dog. I listened to the call once and don't want to listen to it again. I feel so sorry for the mother! I pray that the killer is not still out there.

Remember, we are not detectives. The police are not going to make the public privy to all the details in their investigation, nor should they. I feel sure the investigation is not over. Give them time. When there is a child involved, many more eyes will be reviewing their results.

In addition to psychiatry, I see you are also an expert at forensic analysis. You also seem to know what is best for everyone else (not calling you a know-it-all).

I certainly don't know what is best for everyone else, but what does it benefit US to know more details? It is purely morbid curiosity. I simply can't think of a single solitary benefit to them giving us more details.

How would your life be enhanced by learning more details?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bwellbaseball

Considering:

Unanswered questions:

What are you doing? Trying to write a movie script? He "noticed" someone else disposing of the body and that someone killed him? On his back porch? With a knife? Wouldn't Taylor have run or fought back or something?

Just to be clear. K-9 dogs used by police and bloodhound tracking dogs are not the same thing. Bloodhounds are rarely in a K-9 unit. Those are usually German Shepherds or a similar breed. They can find hiding burglers, etc, but don't have the capability of a bloodhound.

Also, tracking dogs work best away from a neighborhood. In a neighborhood where the girl lives there and has been all over it means all the tracks merge and can't easily be followed. If a bloodhound locks onto the scent of a little girl lost in the forest, she is as good as found.

Just to be clear. K-9 dogs used by police and bloodhound tracking dogs are not the same thing. Bloodhounds are rarely in a K-9 unit. Those are usually German Shepherds or a similar breed. They can find hiding burglers, etc, but don't have the capability of a bloodhound.

Also, tracking dogs work best away from a neighborhood. In a neighborhood where the girl lives there and has been all over it means all the tracks merge and can't easily be followed. If a bloodhound locks onto the scent of a little girl lost in the forest, she is as good as found.

That makes since. I think everyone is still just in shock of the outcome and want answers as to who, what, when, why, how... but in the end its just pure evil and nothing the investigators did or didnt do, would have changed the outcome of what that piece of shit did.
Just plan sad.

Considering:

Unanswered questions:

-------

This thread is an amazing yet disturbing snapshot of our country right now.

Innocent little girl dead.

Oh, the suspect is a white male?

Obvious conclusion: Either framed or must have had prior trauma. WE MUST PROTECT THE WHITE MALE!

What a clown show.

-------

This thread is an amazing yet disturbing snapshot of our country right now.

Innocent little girl dead.

Oh, the suspect is a white male?

Obvious conclusion: Either framed or must have had prior trauma. WE MUST PROTECT THE WHITE MALE!

What a clown show.

Seriously guy, Wtf!

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT