ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Just What The World Needs - Another Bowl (Link)

Should call it the Murder Beach Bowl. I think the NCAA tries to find the crappiest cities to have bowl games in.

If nothing else at least for now it doesn't have some ridiculous name. I.E. The Cheez-It Bowl, and yes that is the real name

Dec. 26 Cheez-It Phoenix, Ariz. 9 p.m. (ESPN) Big 12 vs. Pac-12

Maybe we won’t have to go to pizza bowl anymore. Beach bowl babee

Next up is the Scotts fertilizer, kricket krap, lawn masters grass bowl.

What would be really funny is if Kohler or Toto or American Standard signed up to sponsor one. The Kohler Toilet Bowl has a nice ring to it.

Reactions: Judson1
There are two or three bowls that are about to fold up and cities are sending bids to take their places. Heard about this when I was down that way 2 weeks ago.

We'd better not sleep on Coastal. About 10 years after becoming an independent university, they started their football program and dominated the Big South conference almost immediately. They've made the jump to FBS and it looks like they may have a winning season in only 2 years. Now, they've got a bowl, albeit a minor one, in their home stadium. It's a fast growing university in a fast-growing part of our state.

They aren't going to become one of the two biggest football programs in the state anytime soon. But they can become significant enough to pick off the occasional in-state recruit and give football fans in the Pee Dee another option that doesn't involve the expense and hassle of driving to Columbia or Clemson.

I'll make my Tee time prior to kick off and we miss the first quarter or so thats fine, and then Uber to the stadium, and chain our Yeti to the fence for the post game.

These bowls suck and the stands are obviously empty, but... The TV ratings are of the chart! I expect more bowls to be added even if they have give tickets away. It's a shame, but it's the world we live in.

I agree that making a bowl ain't that impressive. But not making one is the first kiss of death for a coach - and you lose all that extra practice time and recruiting points.

I could see it being the Harley-Davidson Bowl. Leather goods for the players.

The other day i did a google search on the number of bowl games back in 1987. It was a total of 17 . I looked up the number for 2017. It was 47. Times have certainly changed

Thee Doll House Bowl

I remember one up in North Charleston back in 80s. I went in once while the fleet was out. Being the only guy in a room full of strippers might sound like fun, but, well, yeah, it was fun. For a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT