ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The "Pickle Barrel" in Bozeman, MT ... WHAT THE HELL?&#(!&

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
Someone on the board strongly suggested we eat at the above when visiting Bozeman. First of all I like Bozeman and we enjoyed our two days of their six weeks of summer.

The Pickle Barrel is on the Montana State campus, hard to find with parking for 4 cars max. I ordered their most popular item. What I got was a giant looking hot dog bum with some kind of mystery meat, covered with a little cheese and soaked in some type of b-b-q sauce. I give it 1 1/2 stars at best (the part I didn't throw away).

The locals think it's a big deal that they actually have a barrel that you can reach in with long tongs and "get you a pickle". A great tradition! Needless to say they won't see me or my $9 next August
at the PB.

As my brother (who owns a 6,000 acre ranch near Fort Benson) often says...."Boy, you don't know Bull Shit !!" He loves the PB.

Someone on the board strongly suggested we eat at the above when visiting Bozeman. First of all I like Bozeman and we enjoyed our two days of their six weeks of summer.

The Pickle Barrel is on the Montana State campus, hard to find with parking for 4 cars max. I ordered their most popular item. What I got was a giant looking hot dog bum with some kind of mystery meat, covered with a little cheese and soaked in some type of b-b-q sauce. I give it 1 1/2 stars at best (the part I didn't throw away).

The locals think it's a big deal that they actually have a barrel that you can reach in with long tongs and "get you a pickle". A great tradition! Needless to say they won't see me or my $9 next August
at the PB.

As my brother (who owns a 6,000 acre ranch near Fort Benson) often says...."Boy, you don't know Bull Shit !!" He loves the PB.
LOL Thanks for the warning. Definitely sounds like someone gave you a bad recommendation.

I'll pass. The philly cheese steak looks awful.

d7aa9224680f1c51ef00e497ff4d466a.jpg

at the PB.

Maybe the “meat on the bum” was BS!!:eek::cool:

at the PB.

I'm more interested in hunting 6000 acres than the Pickle Barrel. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT