ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Where are the speed traps in SC?

[QUOTE="king ward, post: 4263291, member: 1728 and raise you one Waldo, Florida.[/QUOTE]

and Century

Growing up in Irmo, it was Irmo P.D. on Woodrow St. And there was zero tolerance for speeding. 1mph over was a ticket. Speeding 10mph over, would get you cussed out by the cop in addition to the ticket. 15 over, would get you dragged out your car by one of those L shaped night sticks and man handled. The 80s and early 90s were fun times.

So my first car in the 90s was an Iroc Camaro. It got so much attention from the Irmo’s finest that I started going around Irmo to get from Ballentine to Harbision. They absolutely despised loud red sports cars. Most terrible thing in the world to them. :)~

Last edited:
Just thinking of those driving during the holidays. As for me I’ll be in Jamaica, Beaches Ocho Rios. Anyone been there?
Greeleyville.

And why does Greeleyville have a four lane highway leading into it?

Last edited:
Coastal evacuation route that hasn't been completed.
Chesnee, coming into town on Hwy 221 from the NC line. The speed limit changes to 45, and they’ll be sitting there just past the 45 limit sign ready for you.

Texas passed a law that closed down most speed traps. They didn't want a law that said a policeman couldn't write speeding tickets. But these speed trap towns make most of their city budget on tickets of people who don't live there. So they simply passed a law that said any ticket fines over ten percent of the towns budget would go into the general fund of the state, not accrue to the city. Then tasked the State Comptroller to audit the ten most notorious speed trap cities to make sure they comply.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT