ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Worst Christmas songs

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Santa baby, Rockin around the Christmas tree, 12 days of Christmas

I Saw Momma Kissing Santa Claus - Jackson Five version. Michael is cringeworthy in that one.

The Barbara Streisand Jingle Bells is THE WORST SONG PERIOD! Not even Christmas...plain worst song ever. It sounds like she trying to sing $hit on purpose to see how many morons will pay their hard-earned money to purchase it.

With many of you on Santa Baby. Not sure it’s that bad, I just always press next when it comes on.

Another for me is Baby It’s Cold Outside. It’s not a freaking Christmas song! It’s just a cold weather song about a dude trying to get a piece!

Last Christmas by Wham! is so bad it is good. Any modern version by anyone other than Wham! is terrible and they should be ashamed for even trying to cover a song we all give a pass because it is George Michael.

Last edited:
Reactions: vacock#
Some may disagree but "Dont they know it's Christmas after all"- the European response to "We are the world". I still listen to 80s music occasionally including new wave but this song does nothing for me.

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (any)
Santa Baby (any)
Silver Bells (any)

Pretty much any songs that focus on the commercialization of Christmas as a economic stimulus package, since many of those were made in the wake of the depression to help pull the country out of it and encourage big spending at Christmas time. Same with Black Friday. Now that such "Buy things you can't afford" isn't needed, we should scale back on pressuring people to spend money they don't have on things they don't need and justifying it with "It's Christmas!".

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Some may disagree but "Dont they know it's Christmas after all"- the European response to "We are the world". I still listen to 80s music occasionally including new wave but this song does nothing for me.
Actually We are the world was the response to Do they know it's Christmas.
Do They Know it's Christmas - Band Aid . Release Date 12/1984
We Are The World - Release Date 3/1985

Reactions: sclawman77
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (any)
Santa Baby (any)
Silver Bells (any)

Pretty much any songs that focus on the commercialization of Christmas as a economic stimulus package, since many of those were made in the wake of the depression to help pull the country out of it and encourage big spending at Christmas time. Same with Black Friday. Now that such "Buy things you can't afford" isn't needed, we should scale back on pressuring people to spend money they don't have on things they don't need and justifying it with "It's Christmas!".
Silver Bells by Lady Antebellum. A rework of this song versus another rendition. Fantastic.
You may change your mind if you hear this version

Best statement I have seen about all this dust up.

"If you have to go back 74 years to be offended by a song then you haven't listened to the radio in over 20 years."

For realsies – 10 billion songs about trucks, tailgates, and coolers bringeth the real offensiveness…..

it's a wonderful Christmas carol. Nobody sings it better than Dean Martin

There is NOTHING about Christmas. It’s a winter song.

But the uproar the past week over the song is worse than the song.

Last edited:
How about the one where they guy runs into his old high school flame in the grocery store and they sit in the car drinking a six pack ( can’t remember the name) but it’s awful!!!! Makes you want to hang yourself.

Santa baby, Rockin around the Christmas tree, 12 days of Christmas
I've always been wary of "I'll be Home for Christmas." When I was in eleventh grade our chorus teacher arranged for a group of us to sing Christmas songs at a luncheon at an old folks home. I played the piano. They wanted me to play background Christmas music while the folks were eating. So I had this book of "Christmas Favorites" that I was just working my way through. I got to "I'll Be Home . . . ." I didn't even know it, but I decided to sightread it. Next thing you know I have 3 old ladies dissolving into tears at their tables. Other old ladies accused me of being insensitive. Well, it turned out that these 3 had lost husbands or fiancees during WWII. But I didn't even know the words of the song! I felt like a heel. I promise that I have never intentionally inflicted pain with my piano playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT