ADVERTISEMENT

Palmetto bowl on cbs

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
I am curious why we never got the 3:30 slot on cbs for us vs the taters over the years, particularly 2010-2013. Uga-gt been on cbs multiple times as has fsu-uf. 2011 would've been the perfect year to put us on, because bama-auburn was on ESPN that year anyway as was fsu-uf, during that 3 year this as much as anything is what told me they don't take us seriously.

When it's at Clemson we have occasionally got the 330 time on ABC. I know you're talking CBS and as others have stated that is firmly for the Iron Bowl, just like Georgia-Florida and a few other games that are almost always on CBS

CBS isn't going to show an ACC team during its SEC coverage. Thats why its Bama vs Auburn.

CBS isn't going to show an ACC team during its SEC coverage. Thats why its Bama vs Auburn.

CBS will show the most relevant game they have rights to broadcast. If Clemson at USC would draw the best ratings, they would choose it.

Here is an example when they didn't choose the Iron Bowl but instead chose FSU at UF.

CBS will show the most relevant game they have rights to broadcast. If Clemson at USC would draw the best ratings, they would choose it.

Here is an example when they didn't choose the Iron Bowl but instead chose FSU at UF.

True but its a rarity for them to show ACC teams anymore regardless of "relevance or ratings". That was like ten years ago. CBS showed the Iron Bowl in 2012 when Auburn was unranked and lost 49-0 to #2 Bama.

Last edited:
I am curious why we never got the 3:30 slot on cbs for us vs the taters over the years, particularly 2010-2013. Uga-gt been on cbs multiple times as has fsu-uf. 2011 would've been the perfect year to put us on, because bama-auburn was on ESPN that year anyway as was fsu-uf, during that 3 year this as much as anything is what told me they don't take us seriously.
not enough time 4 proper tailgate

FSU-Florida is a national rivalry and FSU brings ratings. Clemson-USC is a regional rivalry and until recent no one nationally cares about Clemson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT