ADVERTISEMENT

Panthers just wasted that first round pick. Which is good, because...

jsusc

Aug 12, 2004
...I don't care for the Panthers. I"m sorry, but a caucasian running back. Back decision.

I don't hate him, but he will not be a good NFL rb...just like Riggins wouldn't today.

Dumb comment . 5000+ all purpose yards in college, ran a 4.4, Can play RB WR and KR .... I don't care if he's purple . That kid is a baller . If Fournette was available he would have been the pick but McCaffrey will put up big all purpose yardage in the offense . Think it's a great pick . Unlike the Bears . What were they thinking ??

Here's a little tidbit. Fournette will have a very short shelf life in NFL. He's a power back who takes a lot of shots. Those guys fade quickly. He'll be good but it will be short. Mcaffery however will utilize space. He'll be in a slot some, rb some and be an open field nightmare. Heck the guy can go straight to slot when he's 30.

Reactions: Brace1 and IrmoRed
I posted a different thread on Mcaffrey. Can he take PRO hits? I love the bloodline. His dad cut out the heels of his cleats, and wore a size smaller.
There's an intelligent air to the family, smart...and gymrats.
PLEASE be durable!

Reactions: Brace1
Here's a little tidbit. Fournette will have a very short shelf life in NFL. He's a power back who takes a lot of shots. Those guys fade quickly. He'll be good but it will be short. Mcaffery however will utilize space. He'll be in a slot some, rb some and be an open field nightmare. Heck the guy can go straight to slot when he's 30.

I 100% agree with you . I think Fournette will Dominate his first few years and will be out of the league in less than 5 years . He reminds me to much of Trent Richardson and Darren McFadden . Unbelievable physical tools but in the NFL that's everybody . The first time he tries to truck a Cam Chancellor type safety they will knock him out . Remember what a beast Christain Okoye was until Steve Atwater almost took his head off on Monday night football ?? AP and Marshawn were very physical backs but they had a little wiggle to their game . Don't see this with Fournette. He will make some highlight reel plays but he will spend a lot of time on the sidelines and in concussion protocol .

...I don't care for the Panthers. I"m sorry, but a caucasian running back. Back decision.

You know your absolutely right .... who wastes a draft pick on a guy who can play 3 positions , broke the PAC 10 all purpose yard record ( few decent players on that list Marcus Allen, OJ, Reggie Bush etc etc), was an academic all American at STANFORD , Had a spotless off the field record , has an NFL and NBA pedigree, and to top it all off had one of the best Combine and Interviews in the draft ?? Who would want a guy like that on your team ?? Especially when guys like Joe Mixon are still on your board .

You know your absolutely right .... who wastes a draft pick on a guy who can play 3 positions , broke the PAC 10 all purpose yard record ( few decent players on that list Marcus Allen, OJ, Reggie Bush etc etc), was an academic all American at STANFORD , Had a spotless off the field record , has an NFL and NBA pedigree, and to top it all off had one of the best Combine and Interviews in the draft ?? Who would want a guy like that on your team ?? Especially when guys like Joe Mixon are still on your board .
lol...

McCaffrey is the real deal...But i do think they wanted Fournette...Once Fournette was gone they took the next best rb...McCaffrey is a much safer pick than that thug Cook...Plus Christian McCaffrey is a baller

McCaffrey is the real deal...But i do think they wanted Fournette...Once Fournette was gone they took the next best rb...McCaffrey is a much safer pick than that thug Cook...Plus Christian McCaffrey is a baller
Fournette would've gotten frustrated playing behind the Panther's OL.

McCaffrey broke Barry Sanders all purpose record. That's enough for me to not doubt his NFL potential until there are some tangible results

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT