ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Forde of SI

If they cancel football it will have nothing to do with the health risk but rather that somehow it would jeopardize the current financial dynamics of college football. Remember, left on their own, there were about 15 positive football players when Clemson returned to campus. That number ballooned to almost 40 before they could get it under control. Now that they have been in a controlled environment for almost 6 weeks there are no positive players. So this thing can be managed. The challenge is getting all the schools up to the same level. Not everyone has the money to do it.

Forde mistakenly hitched his wagon to Pitino by co-authoring "Rebound Rules: The Art of Success" with him in 2008. Then after Pitino started dragging UofLOL down with the NCAA Forde stupidly doubled down buying into Pitino's "See no evil, Hear no evil" schtick and proclaiming Pitino's innocence in his columns. Ultimately, his faith in Pitino cost Forde professionally in a big way.

Forde has since struggled to regain respect and relevance.

If they cancel football it will have nothing to do with the health risk but rather that somehow it would jeopardize the current financial dynamics of college football. Remember, left on their own, there were about 15 positive football players when Clemson returned to campus. That number ballooned to almost 40 before they could get it under control. Now that they have been in a controlled environment for almost 6 weeks there are no positive players. So this thing can be managed. The challenge is getting all the schools up to the same level. Not everyone has the money to do it.
Are they attending classes right now? That seems to be a variable no one is considering.

The vast majority of people want college football.

Fans overwhelmingly want it.

Players overwhelmingly want it.

Coaches overwhelmingly want it.

Administrations overwhelmingly want it.

The only threat is politics. Take COVID politics out of it, and the season happens.

No school/conference/etc wants to run the risk of becoming the poster child for a COVID flare up. Media would paint them as money grubbers who knowingly endangered players for their own financial gain...ignoring the fact that the players want to play.

IMO not that outlandish when you consider how things abruptly changed in 24 hours. No way the MAC has that kind of influence.

Last edited:
Are they attending classes right now? That seems to be a variable no one is considering.
Classes start online on the 19th I believe. I suspect they all will have online classes for entirety of the Fall, even most regular students. They are talking about a hybrid model for some with an emphasis on Freshman having in-person classes. It ain’t the classes that pose the biggest challenge, it’s the hormones (and I ain’t talking about ostarine).

Reactions: Lou219
Classes start online on the 19th I believe. I suspect they all will have online classes for entirety of the Fall, even most regular students. They are talking about a hybrid model for some with an emphasis on Freshman having in-person classes. It ain’t the classes that pose the biggest challenge, it’s the hormones (and I ain’t talking about ostarine).
Ha Ha. Post of the day.

There will be college football this fall until the Power 5 conferences say they won't. The majority of players think they are in a safer, healthier environment than if they were left on their own in their hometowns. Makes sense. The Football Parents Association at Ohio State have put out a statement they want to play the 2020 season.

Reactions: carolinamyke
The president's of the universities are most likely more worried about liability aspects and possibly being sued endlessly.Look forward to 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT