ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Longo to North Carolina

That’s a good staff to compete with recruits over.

I think UNC hired Mack to fix the program and serve as the lead in their next coach search committee when he retires. I don't think he will hang around much longer than 2-3 years, but during that time, I think he will be tasked with bringing in top notch coaching talent, schooling them up and then selecting one to take his place. Wasn't Mack the first head coach to give an assistant (Muschamp) the title of "Head Coach in Waiting"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
Mack will win a natty if he’s allowed to play by the same student athlete academic rules the tarturds have played by for years. Lookout Texas El Paso. As soon as Mack is caught, the NCAA will bust your azz again.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I think UNC hired Mack to fix the program and serve as the lead in their next coach search committee when he retires. I don't think he will hang around much longer than 2-3 years, but during that time, I think he will be tasked with bringing in top notch coaching talent, schooling them up and then selecting one to take his place. Wasn't Mack the first head coach to give an assistant (Muschamp) the title of "Head Coach in Waiting"?
Wonder if that offer still stands? Don’t fall for it muschamp

Reactions: USC2018

No, I think Barry Alvarez at Wisconsin named Bret Bielema head coach in waiting after the 2005 season. Mack didn't do that with Muschamp until 2008. Then the NCAA screwed all the teams doing that by limiting the head coach in waiting to one in-home recruiting visit. Just like a head coach. So no one formally does that anymore, it may be a wink and nod thing, but not formally announced. Why punish your recruiting flexibility.

Reactions: USC2018
Doesn't hurt us. They don't have the players to compete when we play them next year. They will be a pain in the side of Clemson College, though.

They play them once every 7 years.
Mack is off to a good start recruiting, already flipped 3-4 guys to UNC, he's now working on a couple of the NCSU 4* DT's. UNC has sucked in-state recently, hopefully Mack can get back to 80% of his team being from the State of NC.

N.C. state just got a commitment from #1 player in NC Porter Rooks.
WR from Providence Day. Top 50 nationally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT