ADVERTISEMENT

Polls never make sense to me

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
Tell me how this works as an example.
Team "A" goes 2-1 on the week and loses by 18 pts to a top 5 team on the road and drops 2 spots in the polls
Team "B" goes 1-1 on the week and loses by 28 at home to a Top 10 team yet they move up 2 spots in the poll.
In addition, Team "A" has 2 teams ranked above them lose and 3 teams ranked immediately behind them lose in the same week so it would seem that maybe staying at origional spot would seem logical. However they drop 2 spots.
I know polls in basketball dont matter right now but this is the stuff that makes no sense and whether we admit it or not, can influence selection committees for seeding down the road.

NxEsKrLJXPuwg.gif

Tell me how this works as an example.
Team "A" goes 2-1 on the week and loses by 18 pts to a top 5 team on the road and drops 2 spots in the polls
Team "B" goes 1-1 on the week and loses by 28 at home to a Top 10 team yet they move up 2 spots in the poll.
In addition, Team "A" has 2 teams ranked above them lose and 3 teams ranked immediately behind them lose in the same week so it would seem that maybe staying at origional spot would seem logical. However they drop 2 spots.
I know polls in basketball dont matter right now but this is the stuff that makes no sense and whether we admit it or not, can influence selection committees for seeding down the road.
It might help if Team "A" and Team "B" had a name.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT