ADVERTISEMENT

Poorly coached

USCMBA77

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Our team looks out of shape, sloppy and undisciplined and it all starts with coaching.. Sellers is awful. I knew we would be bad when it took three tries to score from the three yard line at the start of the game. Our schedule is brutal and the talent is not there to compete against good teams.

Our team looks out of shape, sloppy and undisciplined and it all starts with coaching.. Sellers is awful. I knew we would be bad when it took three tries to score from the three yard line at the start of the game. Our schedule is brutal and the talent is not there to compete against good teams.
And we were as flat as Twiggy. If you are too young to know who Twiggy is, look her up.

But yes, we are poorly coached. That was obvious.

Play execution is extremely slow.

Reactions: cockofdawn

This is our new normal unless our University gets serious about obtaining and retaining talent in this silly pay-to-play era.

Outside of a few great years with Spurrier, we've typically relied on a couple of skill players to carry us during the up times.

Take Mario Anderson. Why did we let him walk? If he was on the field tonight, this game wouldn't have been within 2 TDs.

Instead, he's helping Memphis tonight run up the score in a blowout.

Our endowment sits at around $1 billion right now.

A piece of new inflows could easily be redirected to NIL Initiatives.

There's no reason to be pulling in just a handful of 4 stars and watching some of them roll into the portal at year's end.

Coaching might be part of the issue, but it's a marginal piece at best given the new variables in this new system.

Reality remains that Beamer is 1 win shy of Spurrier after 3 seasons and he's played tougher competition and contending with the NIL.

We are talent depleted and it's very obvious.

It's a cumulative effect year after year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flameout12
This is our new normal unless our University gets serious about obtaining and retaining talent in this silly pay-to-play era.

Outside of a few great years with Spurrier, we've typically relied on a couple of skill players to carry us during the up times.

Take Mario Anderson. Why did we let him walk? If he was on the field tonight, this game wouldn't have been within 2 TDs.

Instead, he's helping Memphis tonight run up the score in a blowout.

Our endowment sits at around $1 billion right now.

A piece of new inflows could easily be redirected to NIL Initiatives.

There's no reason to be pulling in just a handful of 4 stars and watching some of them roll into the portal at year's end.

Coaching might be part of the issue, but it's a marginal piece at best given the new variables in this new system.

Reality remains that Beamer is 1 win shy of Spurrier after 3 seasons and he's played tougher competition and contending with the NIL.

We are talent depleted and it's very obvious.

It's a cumulative effect year after year.

You still going to try to argue that Juice Wells left for money and not that he didn't want to play in this god awful offense?

I agree with most of your points. Anderson went from us being his dream job from Newberry to Show me the $$$$.
OD was a tougher opening game than Chattanooga, Western Kentucky, Murray State. They had several close games last year.

Anderson is no where near the Caliber of Sanders.

Player retention needs to be better because as Smart said in his interview post game. You have to have depth to compete in this conference. Transfers assist in providing depth.

You still going to try to argue that Juice Wells left for money and not that he didn't want to play in this god awful offense?

Let's deconstruct the example you've provided in Wells.

Juice Wells is one of the biggest pre-madonnas in college football and that's well documented.

He's max-leveraged his situation where ever he goes.

Ole Miss and Kiffin have made no secret about buying up their team for years now.

They are one of the few schools who actually openly brags about it.

So when Wells learns that he can get paid a bunch to play for a team who also pays a bunch of other high quality players to play....well that turns out to be an ideal situation for him.

See how it all fits together?

I agree with most of your points. Anderson went from us being his dream job from Newberry to Show me the $$$$.
OD was a tougher opening game than Chattanooga, Western Kentucky, Murray State. They had several close games last year.

Anderson is no where near the Caliber of Sanders.

Sanders ran hard but he's more a finesse back.

We really needed Anderson's size in the backfield last night to run through tackles like he was doing the 2nd half of last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscwatson21
I know DL sucks on his play-calling, it’s almost as if he trolled us. But, look at the OC Shane wanted that’s at Clemson. He sucks ass also. You cannot let Shane pick any OC coaches.
I’d 100% be all in for Shawn E. being our HC. I’m getting tired of below mediocre football.

Let's deconstruct the example you've provided in Wells.

Juice Wells is one of the biggest pre-madonnas in college football and that's well documented.

He's max-leveraged his situation where ever he goes.

Ole Miss and Kiffin have made no secret about buying up their team for years now.

They are one of the few schools who actually openly brags about it.

So when Wells learns that he can get paid a bunch to play for a team who also pays a bunch of other high quality players to play....well that turns out to be an ideal situation for him.

See how it all fits together?

Wells has literally said he went to go play with a legitimate quarterback.

The simplest explanation is generally the best.

We really needed Anderson's size in the backfield last night to run through tackles like he was doing the 2nd half of last season.

Sanders is a good RB but the Kendall Briles offense really highlighted his talent. Our system isn’t as suitable.

Wells has literally said he went to go play with a legitimate quarterback.

The simplest explanation is generally the best.

What would you expect him to say? He went for the money plus the big time money QB with the private jet contract.

He's banking millions in college and playing with high quality players who are also banking millions.

It's contagious.

Given the play after one game, with Ole Miss and us, one team has an offense, and one is floundering.

Maybe juice knew what he was talking about when he said he wanted to play with a good qb. (Paraphrase)
Ole Miss last year ranked 16th in the nation in Total Offense. South Carolina ranked 77th in the nation. Only an idiot would choose to play in South Carolina's offense over an Ole Miss offense....... money or no money.

Ole Miss last year ranked 16th in the nation in Total Offense. South Carolina ranked 77th in the nation. Only an idiot would choose to play in South Carolina's offense over an Ole Miss offense....... money or no money.

Money.

Quick history timeline:

+ Both teams go 8-5 in 2022. We're 40th in Total Offense that season. They are 30th.

+ We beat two top ten teams. They beat UK and lost to every other notable team.

+ Kiffin takes the stage openly begging for money -- Stating the system is rigged and the only way to compete against the better teams in the SEC is to buy up players.

+ Money flows in Oxford from all directions during their off-season and there are openly flaunting it.

+ While Ole Miss is buying up the planet, we're watching our 2022 stars walk out the door.

The rest is history.

Do you honestly believe Wells wouldn't have stayed at USC if we had offered him $250K more than other teams?

Please.

Money.

Quick history timeline:

+ Both teams go 8-5 in 2022. We're 40th in Total Offense that season. They are 30th.

+ We beat two top ten teams. They beat UK and lost to every other notable team.

+ Kiffin takes the stage openly begging for money -- Stating the system is rigged and the only way to compete against the better teams in the SEC is to buy up players.

+ Money flows in Oxford from all directions during their off-season and there are openly flaunting it.

+ While Ole Miss is buying up the planet, we're watching our 2022 stars walk out the door.

The rest is history.

Do you honestly believe Wells wouldn't have stayed at USC if we had offered him $250K more than other teams?

Please.
I do not know what we offered. I do KNOW this: our offense is a joke compared to Ole Miss' offense. Their offense is now number 1 in the nation. Ours is number 100.

I don't believe NIL is the result of our ineffective offense against Old Dominion. We are now number 100 in Total Offense in the nation (Ole Miss, BTW, is number 1).

I do. We can't lose our best talent at the end of each season and expect to hodgepodge the holes together in the portal.

There was almost zero continuity on offense yesterday.

It looked like a bunch of new players playing together for the first time in the first game of the season -- because that's what it was.

I do. We can't lose our best talent at the end of each season and expect to hodgepodge the holes together in the portal.

It looked like a bunch of new players playing together for the first time in the first game of the season -- because that's what it was.
Then we disagree. We should not look that poorly against a Sun Belt team which, at best was mediocre on defense last year, and probably lost players last year as well.

QUICK FIX!!!!

Fire FRANK'S BOY ...... at 8 PM NOVEMBER 30th, 2024 and announce the hiring of ODU HEAD COACH (I don't even know his name) at the same Presser .... QUICK FIX!!!

• Haha
Reactions: gamecock stock
Then we disagree. We should not look that poorly against a Sun Belt team which, at best was mediocre on defense last year, and probably lost players last year as well.

Their WRs were seniors. Their RB was a senior. Their QB was a RS Junior. They also had many seniors on defense.

When you're in our situation, this is how you can get beat in the first game of the season by OD.

Their WRs were seniors. Their RB was a senior. Their QB was a RS Junior. They also had many seniors on defense.

When you're in our situation, this is how you can get beat in the first game of the season by OD.
Sun Belt ODU had only 5 returning starters on defense this year but made our SEC offense look pathetic.

And they also had just 5 returning starters on offense.

Overall, we had 11 starters returning for this season.

Sun Belt ODU had only 5 returning starters on defense this year but made our SEC offense look pathetic.

Again, we had more starters overall returning than they did. And we are a SEC team against a Sun Belt team.

Reactions: Cccocks
Again, we had more starters returning than they did. And we are a SEC team against a Sun Belt team.

As stated, you might check that in the skill positions. That's kindof relevant. :)

And just a heads up for you historians --

In Spurrier's 2nd game of Year 4, we lose to Vandy on the road to a 7-6 season with no victories against ranked opponents.

Meanwhile, Will Muschamp is headed to a 4-8 season in his 4th season with many losses against unranked opponents.

So if "Frank's Boy" were to pull the upset at UK this weekend, he's tied with both of them for wins at this point in his career.

As stated, you might check that in the skill positions. That's kindof relevant. :)

And just a heads up for you historians --

In Spurrier's 2nd game of Year 4, we lose to Vandy on the road to a 7-6 season with no victories against ranked opponents.

Meanwhile, Will Muschamp is on the road to a 4-8 season in his 4th season with many losses against unranked opponents.

So if "Frank's Boy" were to pull the upset at UK this weekend, he's tied with both of them for wins at this point in his career.
We had 11 SEC returning starters to their 10 SUNBELT returning starters

Look, I'm not saying that everything you are saying has absolutely no validity. What I'm saying is that our SEC team went up against a mediocre Sun Belt team and stunk up the place, at HOME. And we were favored by 20. That is a fact. Everybody knows that. We did not hear that. We saw that. Our eyes were not deceiving us.

I don't care what Spurrier did or did not do. He is a future Hall Of Famer who did some great things for us and produced at 3 different universities.

Muschamp is one of the worst coaches we ever had. Who wants to be compared to him? I'm sure, "Frank's boy" , as you call him, does not want to be. I, for one, am pulling for "Frank's boy" this weekend.

Again, we had more starters overall returning than they did.
LOL!!! YOU solved our problem!!! WE HAD TOO MANY RETURNEES (Flunkies) ... FOR FKING REAL!!!

Whawas our record last year??? Whawas theirs???
Didn't ODU really start playing football. ya know, with pads and officials, until 2009???
Maybe, if we're LUCKY, we can schedule Winthrop the next few years, Weren't they a girls school till recently???

• Haha
Reactions: gamecock stock
LOL!!! YOU solved our problem!!! WE HAD TOO MANY RETURNEES (Flunkies) ... FOR FKING REAL!!!

Whawas our record last year??? Whawas theirs???
Didn't ODU really start playing football. ya know, with pads and officials, until 2009???
Maybe, if we're LUCKY, we can schedule Winthrop the next few years, Weren't they a girls school till recently???
:D Well, we have to do better. When considering the quality of the opponent, I don't recall ever seeing a more pitiful opening game for us. The team had no "life" in them. What's our S&C Coordinator doing? What's our OL coach doing? Urban Meyer says those 2 positions are the most important on a team.

:D Well, we have to do better. When considering the quality of the opponent, I don't recall ever seeing a more pitiful opening game for us. The team had no "life" in them. What's our S&C Coordinator doing? What's our OL coach doing? Urban Meyer says those 2 positions are the most important on a team.
Dear Sir,

I LOVE CAROLINA! We are a JOKE on the football field! We require a change

Dear Sir,

I LOVE CAROLINA! We are a JOKE on the football field! We require a change
SFC, the question is will the "powers that are" @USC pull the trigger at the end of this season. It matters not what you and I think. I'm not sure they would. Of course, we fired Jim Carlen (one of the best coaches we ever had, imho....damn that Holderman) and then fired Richard Bell a year later. Who knows?

We're not running thru anything with this atrocious offensive line

SFC, the question is will the "powers that are" @USC pull the trigger at the end of this season. It matters not what you and I think. I'm not sure they would. Of course, we fired Jim Carlen (one of the best coaches we ever had, imho....damn that Holderman) and then fired Richard Bell a year later. Who knows?
JIM Carlen was a piece of CRAP! ... should be in our HOBs.

LOL!!! He already is ... LOL what a joke!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT