ADVERTISEMENT

Posting Manifesto

winloseortie

Feb 21, 2007
columbia
During this period I will post only about sports and respond only to posts about sports. That means you will hear very little from me. I know that will make some very happy.

I like reading your insights, frustrations and joys. I like arguing broad points and minute details about our Gamecock passions.

I am making this choice because this is a sports zone for me. I know I have occasionally broken that dictum in the past and for that I apologize.

I am very opinionated about faith, politics and life in general. I choose now not to enter into those debates here. I will do that in other places in my life. I do this out of respect for you and me. I do not want to foul the nest that I love for Gamecock sports. I am not angry, I just realize that getting news and political opinion on this board just does not work for me.

With hope for better days in the world and on the field......
Win Lose or Tie

Last edited:
How do you think coronavirus will impact fall/winter sports?

I think this falls within my limits, barely. I do not see how football happens this fall unless we have a vaccine.
My thought process goes like...... everybody connected with a team: players, coaches, trainers, custodial staff etc. will need to be tested EVERY day. One positive test and bam the whole process goes into quarantine for 14 days. That means your team plus every team on your schedule has to stay virus free. That just does not seem feasible

Reactions: redrogers
I think this falls within my limits, barely. I do not see how football happens this fall unless we have a vaccine.
My thought process goes like...... everybody connected with a team: players, coaches, trainers, custodial staff etc. will need to be tested EVERY day. One positive test and bam the whole process goes into quarantine for 14 days. That means your team plus every team on your schedule has to stay virus free. That just does not seem feasible
Don’t forget every fan that attended, specifically those in the lower bowl, regardless of sport. Wind direction is another factor...unless that vaccine gets here by late May, I fear for all fall sports.
The ONLY good thing is Emmert can’t show his incompetence during this virus.

Don’t forget every fan that attended, specifically those in the lower bowl, regardless of sport. Wind direction is another factor...unless that vaccine gets here by late May, I fear for all fall sports.
The ONLY good thing is Emmert can’t show his incompetence during this virus.
I think you guys are in for a surprise. Baseball is already talking about gearing up in May and playing without fans.

During this period I will post only about sports and respond only to posts about sports. That means you will hear very little from me. I know that will make some very happy.

I like reading your insights, frustrations and joys. I like arguing broad points and minute details about our Gamecock passions.

I am making this choice because this is a sports zone for me. I know I have occasionally broken that dictum in the past and for that I apologize.

I am very opinionated about faith, politics and life in general. I choose now not to enter into those debates here. I will do that in other places in my life. I do this out of respect for you and me. I do not want to foul the nest that I love for Gamecock sports. I am not angry, I just realize that getting news and political opinion on this board just does not work for me.

With hope for better days in the world and on the field......
Win Lose or Tie
Man I was raised in Fingerville. When I got to the word “dictum”, I stopped reading. Ernest T. and Bub said I did the right thang.

Hopefully we have a Vaccine when Fall comes around. If not, I doubt they'll be any fall sports as Flu season starts up. It'll suck, but I understand. The amount of Attendance for High School, College, and the NFL. No telling how many would get the Virus and spread it to others. No way our Hospitals could handle that overflow. If they do play, no way fans will be attending this fall.

Last edited:
I think you guys are in for a surprise. Baseball is already talking about gearing up in May and playing without fans.
feel free to call me out when this happens, but until then I think all talk of sporting events happening is wishful thinking or is panicked teams, owners, players, tv watching money evaporate.

If there's no college football, does that mean a lot of college athletic departments will go bankrupt? At most schools, football funds everything else. Maybe donors can make up the difference at most schools? Of course, those donors are all business people, so their ability to write big checks may be dependent on how quickly their businesses bounce back.

feel free to call me out when this happens, but until then I think all talk of sporting events happening is wishful thinking or is panicked teams, owners, players, tv watching money evaporate.
I'm not sure its wishful thinking, but I think it may be premature at this point to try to predict what the situation will look like in the fall.

Reactions: Garnet chicken
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT