ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings & the SEC and a-she-she

SCsandlapper

May 27, 2010
Although not many here gave them a chance, tatertown did not drop out of #1 in either the AP or Coaches Poll today.
What's worse is that the A-she-she has 3 teams in the Top 10 of both polls (not including ND who is a step-child member) while the SEC has 1......Yes, 1 (we do have 3 in the Top 20).
ACC went 3-1 in rivalry weekend match-ups with the SEC, after last year going 4-0. So in the last 2 years, that's 7-1, A-she-she. I think the conference is losing its edge......we got the $$, but we're clearly being outdone with $$ by the Big Ten (OSU and UM are ahead of us) and Big 12 (TX, OSU, OU, TCU, Baylor....mostly oil money, but it is what it is).
Our middle and bottom feeders "may" be better than these other conferences, but I'm not so sure about that when it gets right down to it.....
Been 3 years since we won a NC with the a-she-she and Big Ten winning titles since us.....
Just saying we better get very serious about this hire and get us out of the bottom of the weak division (1 ranked team who got killed by FSU yesterday) in our conference.

Although not many here gave them a chance, tatertown did not drop out of #1 in either the AP or Coaches Poll today.
What's worse is that the A-she-she has 3 teams in the Top 10 of both polls (not including ND who is a step-child member) while the SEC has 1......Yes, 1 (we do have 3 in the Top 20).
ACC went 3-1 in rivalry weekend match-ups with the SEC, after last year going 4-0. So in the last 2 years, that's 7-1, A-she-she. I think the conference is losing its edge......we got the $$, but we're clearly being outdone with $$ by the Big Ten (OSU and UM are ahead of us) and Big 12 (TX, OSU, OU, TCU, Baylor....mostly oil money, but it is what it is).
Our middle and bottom feeders "may" be better than these other conferences, but I'm not so sure about that when it gets right down to it.....
Been 3 years since we won a NC with the a-she-she and Big Ten winning titles since us.....
Just saying we better get very serious about this hire and get us out of the bottom of the weak division (1 ranked team who got killed by FSU yesterday) in our conference.

Hi SCtaterlapper. You conveniently omit the entire 2015 season and are just looking at this past weekend. The SEC is 4-3 this year against the ACC. 294-147-10 all time if you're interested. ESPN, Sporting News and all other media outlets continue to rank the ACC fifth among the Power 5. As in dead last. The ACC (aka Big East) sucks.

Reactions: BigTomE
Hi SCtaterlapper. You conveniently omit the entire 2015 season and are just looking at this past weekend. The SEC is 4-3 this year against the ACC. 294-147-10 all time if you're interested. ESPN, Sporting News and all other media outlets continue to rank the ACC fifth among the Power 5. As in dead last. The ACC (aka Big East) sucks.

Tidal creek....you might want to just stay in the bottom of the creek and keep believing....first, forget "all time"...that's irrelevant to the point.
All I"m saying is we, and the SEC, better get serious because we are losing/lost the significant edge we have had for a long time......yes, we are 4-3 as a conference in 2015 against the acc......that would've been embarrassing just a few short years ago. Facts are facts....look at the rankings....it's coaches (who are a lot smarter than us) and the AP (who has been doing this for many years) who have 1 SEC team in the Top 10. When was it we started the season with 5 or 6 in the Top 10? Maybe it was 7??
Point is our conference has lost ground.....just check the rankings. Forget where we are. That's another discussion I won't delve into, but I think it's pretty clear when your coach quits on you.

Tidal creek....you might want to just stay in the bottom of the creek and keep believing....first, forget "all time"...that's irrelevant to the point.
All I"m saying is we, and the SEC, better get serious because we are losing/lost the significant edge we have had for a long time......yes, we are 4-3 as a conference in 2015 against the acc......that would've been embarrassing just a few short years ago. Facts are facts....look at the rankings....it's coaches (who are a lot smarter than us) and the AP (who has been doing this for many years) who have 1 SEC team in the Top 10. When was it we started the season with 5 or 6 in the Top 10? Maybe it was 7??
Point is our conference has lost ground.....just check the rankings. Forget where we are. That's another discussion I won't delve into, but I think it's pretty clear when your coach quits on you.

You expose your true idenity at the end "...when your coach quits..." Why not just come out and say with pride that you're a Tiger? Plenty of them on here with you. The SEC East is down, but still more competitive than the majority of the ACC. I'll give the ACC credit for the FSU win. That was ACC #2 vs SEC #2. However, ACC #1 beating SEC #14 by five is not impressive. Same #14 that beat ACC #2 earlier this year.

Dissect and read into whatever makes you feel better. As for "your coach", guess for the overly-sensitive and easily offended, I should've said "when SOS quit on us"........now, does that make you feel better? The fact is you, me, or whoever you want to pick out has a team that is not going to be very good when 'that someone's" coach quits. On a serious note, you were probably an excellent English student....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT