ADVERTISEMENT

Recipe for Beating UGA is pretty straight forward.

ConKreteCock

Oct 11, 2008
Hit Chubby in the backfield and don't let him get started. And smack the other little ballet dancer in the mouth real hard and he won't come back in. Achieve those 2 things, then feast on their QB. We cannot have any special teams screw ups. I mean none.

To the point that I'd be ok if we kick it out of bounds and give it to them on the 35 every time we score. (If we score lol) Also, we can't put our kicker in a +40 yrder situation. He's going to be our kicker for the good bit of our future and I like the kid. He's got the leg, but he's a little shaky in the confidence area. If we're that close, we're close enough to the 35 yrd line anyway, may as well go for it. Regardless of down or distance.

Hurst, he's got to be a big part of this game. Hell, put him in at tailback and run the dive. I don't they can stop him from getting 3.5 yrds. And for God's sake, we cannot punt to them. Punt it out of bounds. That's it. That's the game plan.

Hit Chubby in the backfield and don't let him get started. And smack the other little ballet dancer in the mouth real hard and he won't come back in. Achieve those 2 things, then feast on their QB. We cannot have any special teams screw ups. I mean none.

To the point that I'd be ok if we kick it out of bounds and give it to them on the 35 every time we score. (If we score lol) Also, we can't put our kicker in a +40 yrder situation. He's going to be our kicker for the good bit of our future and I like the kid. He's got the leg, but he's a little shaky in the confidence area. If we're that close, we're close enough to the 35 yrd line anyway, may as well go for it. Regardless of down or distance.

Hurst, he's got to be a big part of this game. Hell, put him in at tailback and run the dive. I don't they can stop him from getting 3.5 yrds. And for God's sake, we cannot punt to them. Punt it out of bounds. That's it. That's the game plan.

That sounds like a great idea, wonder why no one else hasn't tried that the other 8 games?

RUN for the hills Dawgs! ConKreteCock cracked the code. Haha. Chubb's been hit in the backfield 50% of his carries for his career although this year it's gotten much better. 35 hours to kickoff...

Reactions: SmoothMove
I can't wait until someone knocks these sorry, cocky dawgs back down to earth. It's almost to the point where I don't care if it would be Clemson to do it. (I hope we can do it, although it isn't likely) what a bunch of sorry sports. Some folks don't know how to win with class I guess.

I can't wait until someone knocks these sorry, cocky dawgs back down to earth. It's almost to the point where I don't care if it would be Clemson to do it. (I hope we can do it, although it isn't likely) what a bunch of sorry sports. Some folks don't know how to win with class I guess.
They’ve always been that way. It’s not new, they have just picked up some of the band wagoners and gotten slightly louder now.

No, the game plan should be simple. We need to pass to set up the run. Georgia ranks 12th in the SEC in sacks with 15. If we can block them up front our receivers should be able to make a few plays. We have big physical WR's and they need to play that way.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

See my response in another thread. They won the 1 national title with Walker and now think they are a blue blood. They want so badly to be mentioned with all of those schools.

Reactions: 92Pony
Sounds simple on paper. The fact of the matter is right now Georgia's talent is significantly better than South Carolina's. Barring a bunch of unexpected turnovers etc., Georgia will probably do to South Carolina what they did to Florida - win convincingly. Then folks on this board will be back to wanting to fire Muschamp. USC is headed in the right direction, but the talent just isn't there yet. I applaud what Muschamp has done this year, and am very happy that the team is 6-2, but we're also very fortunate that we've played some very beatable teams (Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, Vanderbilt are all terrible right now.) Hopefully this means we are turning the corner and starting to rise above the struggling teams. Will be cheering hard this Saturday, but I just hope the team can beat the remaining teams that are at about or below USC's level (Florida and Wofford.)

Sounds simple on paper. The fact of the matter is right now Georgia's talent is significantly better than South Carolina's. Barring a bunch of unexpected turnovers etc., Georgia will probably do to South Carolina what they did to Florida - win convincingly. Then folks on this board will be back to wanting to fire Muschamp. USC is headed in the right direction, but the talent just isn't there yet. I applaud what Muschamp has done this year, and am very happy that the team is 6-2, but we're also very fortunate that we've played some very beatable teams (Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, Vanderbilt are all terrible right now.) Hopefully this means we are turning the corner and starting to rise above the struggling teams. Will be cheering hard this Saturday, but I just hope the team can beat the remaining teams that are at about or below USC's level (Florida and Wofford.)

People need to be realistic going into tomorrow. It has been mentioned over and over, but Kirby Smart walked into a talented elite roster. Will Muschamp walked into a MAJOR rebuilding job. For us to be sitting at 6-2 right now in year 2 is a great accomplishment. I was slightly worried when we hired Will, but I have zero doubt that he is what we needed and the right man for this job.

Even if we lose tomorrow, let's come home and get focused on beating Florida.

Actually, one team was able to succeed with this plan (for the most part) and that was ND. Unfortunately, I don't see our DL being able to perform the way ND did and we know WM isn't going to risk the big play by sending massive blitzes. I see this close midway through the 3rd and then our guys will be too tired to stop them and it will get ugly.

Limit the explosive plays, bend but don't break, our forte, try to get a momentum changing turnover or 2 in the red zone.

No turnovers on offense and long drives to rest the defense and score TD's in the red zone. FG's wont cut it, go for it on 4 and less then 5 in red zone, need 7 when we get there.

If we can do that it may be interesting in the 4th qtr, they will get theirs on the ground, just like last year

Reactions: rogue cock
No, the game plan should be simple. We need to pass to set up the run. Georgia ranks 12th in the SEC in sacks with 15. If we can block them up front our receivers should be able to make a few plays. We have big physical WR's and they need to play that way.
Agreed, which means Bentley cannot take half the game to dial in his accuracy.

Reactions: BigTomE
See my response in another thread. They won the 1 national title with Walker and now think they are a blue blood. They want so badly to be mentioned with all of those schools.
They really don't like it when you bring up that since then, Clemson has won 2.

We don't have any ballet dancers. Sony will knock you into next week if you ain't ready to tackle. Ask Mizzou. Swift sent the guy out of the game last week that was ripping on Fromm saying how easy it was to throw a slant. Irony is he got sent packing trying to tackle Swift on a slant.

Reactions: wwforest

Eureka! Will Muschamp is holding for you on line 2.

One of my buddies is on your staff. He said y'all might keep it close for a quarter.

throw the ball deep early and often...gotta make big plays on offense...Jawja's defense is too stout for dink&dunk clock crushing drives

Reactions: SCexpat38
They’ve always been that way. It’s not new, they have just picked up some of the band wagoners and gotten slightly louder now.

You don't know the half of it. I have to live among them. I know every fan base has their share of homers but UGA fans seem to have more than their fair share.
I could share stories but my post would look like a small novel

throw the ball deep early and often...gotta make big plays on offense...Jawja's defense is too stout for dink&dunk clock crushing drives
That's not a bad plan. Honestly, if your QB is on, he could pose some problems for us. We haven't played but one decent passing team and they haven't always been decent (Mizzou). Your QB has a lot of talent, just a little inconsistent at times. But if he has one of those Garcia 2010 games vs. Bama, things might be interesting.

You don't know the half of it. I have to live among them. I know every fan base has their share of homers but UGA fans seem to have more than their fair share.
And I can tell you I have UGA friends who live in Columbia, Charleston and N. Augusta who feel the same way. I hated UTK the most when I lived in Tennessee. Not as much since I moved away. Just part of it. Every fanbase in the SEC is like that but a few.

This is just crazy talk

Have been. I'll take us in a head to head this year. Only team I wouldn't favor us against is Alabama.

If we lose tomorrow to the dawgs, I will be pulling like hell for both UGA and Bama to go undefeated and play for sec championship. Play a nailbiter and have UGA eek it out with a late FG.

Would love to see how that would play out with the committee.

Limit the explosive plays, bend but don't break, our forte, try to get a momentum changing turnover or 2 in the red zone.

No turnovers on offense and long drives to rest the defense and score TD's in the red zone. FG's wont cut it, go for it on 4 and less then 5 in red zone, need 7 when we get there.

If we can do that it may be interesting in the 4th qtr, they will get theirs on the ground, just like last year
Yep. Shorten the game and limit their possessions as much as possible. Make it a game going into the 4th and we may have a chance.

geicocavemen2_zpsq5qoyib5.jpg

Game plan: Score more points than them.

But seriously, I’m going to start a thread Monday titled: “We are who we thought we were”. And that is a 7-5 or 8-4 team.

I'm down here in Savannah area. I know the whole of it.

Will say I've met some good UGA folks and count a few among my closest friends (even have some on my wife's side of the family), but they tend to get drowned out by the lunatic fringe during football season.

They're about like Clemson fans, only they got a slightly better sense of color coordination.

I know you're trying to sound the "realist," but if I were going to war I don't think I'd want you in my foxhole. Come on, fellow. You have to believe and hope for a victory. They're only allowed to put 11 on the field. Same as us. You go in thinking you're defeated and you'll probably get beat. You go in thinking you can win...and it's a ball game. With me? On three...1...2...Go Cocks!

honestly dont think you guys have played near a good game yet this season, and beating uga not as crazy as the vegas line would suggest

prolly needed deebo though just to keep pace

Bentley has to be accurate and hit long throws. He hasn't played up to his potential yet. If he can come out and play the game of his life and the defense forces some turnovers, we may have a shot. Also need for UGA to play less than their best.

Hell forget about hitting Chubb in the backfield, they should tackle him when he gets off the bus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT