ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

If a small message board has that much power in recruiting the school should start shifting money to posters and away from the coaches who clearly don’t make a difference.
It has effect... All recruits like to hear what fans are saying about them. These kids look at these boards and what is said on here(good or bad) may be the deciding factor on whether he comes or not.. Try and think before posting a comment about a recruit and ask yourself"if this were my son, how would my statement affect him and his decision making". Jmo

It has effect... All recruits like to hear what fans are saying about them. These kids look at these boards and what is said on here(good or bad) may be the deciding factor on whether he comes or not.. Try and think before posting a comment about a recruit and ask yourself"if this were my son, how would my statement affect him and his decision making". Jmo
Somehow I think the success level of the program, the success level of the coach and the prospects of getting a shot at the next level are probably a bit higher on the decision scale but that’s just me.

Somehow I think the success level of the program, the success level of the coach and the prospects of getting a shot at the next level are probably a bit higher on the decision scale but that’s just me.
It may be but what is said here negatively about a young man can only hurt us. A big time recruit may be on the fence and he sees negative comments on our board and positive on the other board. He picks the other school. You would be surprised how much the little things matter.

Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs
It may be but what is said here negatively about a young man can only hurt us. A big time recruit may be on the fence and he sees negative comments on our board and positive on the other board. He picks the other school. You would be surprised how much the little things matter.
Yeah those little things like winning. When we lose a recruit to Bama over a message board post we’ll know we’ve made it.

Until we get a legit coach, that football building will remain a waste of money. #notadime

I will wait and see how the next season turns out. (might be 2021) Worst case scenario is he wins 6 or 7 and stays another 5 years. Best case scenarios are he wins 4 or 5 or 9 or 10.

If that makes sense ...

These recruits have pledged their commitment of their time, efforts, and talents to bring our beloved Cocks back to prominence. These recruits are not only here to win, they are looking to shock the world and make history! Trust me, Coach Boom sees it in their eyes. That is why he doesn’t care what some internet talent evaluator says. He looks for recruits with chips on their shoulder and a mean streak eyes.

Have you seen the obvious racist undertones yall spew? Im sure that would impact it more than anything if it has any impact.

These recruits have pledged their commitment of their time, efforts, and talents to bring our beloved Cocks back to prominence. These recruits are not only here to win, they are looking to shock the world and make history! Trust me, Coach Boom sees it in their eyes. That is why he doesn’t care what some internet talent evaluator says. He looks for recruits with chips on their shoulder and a mean streak eyes.
I can get behind the first two lines but Muschamp’s record at two stops now has gotten worse with the guys he hand picks. Maybe he should listen to the internet talent evaluators.

I would suggest to start by not trashing a specific recruit in their commitment thread before they step foot on campus and get a shot at showing what they can do. You want to trash the coaches about not developing the talent they recruit and winning games have at it. I lost a lot of faith in the coaches after sitting in the stands at the Bowl game and getting blown out by Virginia.
Can you name one kid that's been singled out and trashed? I sure haven't seen it. People are upset with the overall makeup of this class -- which doesn't have a single difference maker in it so far -- and justifiably so. There have been multiple studies that prove that in order to compete for national championships, programs have to have so many classes finish in the top 10 in recruiting.

Since Muschamp is the one that bragged on his recruiting prowess, and considering that not only has he finished in the middle of the SEC at best, but certainly hasn't shown that he can consistently outcoach a better team to victory, why should people not point how poorly his recruiting has been so far?

Last edited:
I have seen zero evidence of this in the win column.

Can you name one kid that's been singled out and trashed? I sure haven't seen it. People are upset with the overall makeup of this class -- which doesn't have a single difference maker in it so far -- and justifiably so. There have been multiple studies that prove that in order to compete for national championships, programs have to have so many classes finish in the top 10 in recruiting.

Since Muschamp is the one that bragged on his recruiting prowess, and considering that not only has he finished in the middle of the SEC at best, but certainly hasn't shown that he can consistently outcoach a better team to victory, why should people not point how poorly his recruiting has been so far?
Every 3 star recruit announcement the last month DeepfriedCock has trolled with “Just another 3 Star”. It is classless troll behavior to demean a kid in their commitment thread just because you don’t like the coach.

Every 3 star recruit announcement the last month DeepfriedCock has trolled with “Just another 3 Star”. It is classless troll behavior to demean a kid in their commitment thread just because you don’t like the coach.
He's not calling any kid out by name. He also hasn't said anything untrue, to my knowledge. I obviously can't stop you from getting upset about it. But he's been consistent with his thoughts on our recruiting. Posting one's honest thoughts is the exact opposite of trolling.

This has to be the most melodramatic post of the year. The only thing what will shock the world is if Muschamp survives this year.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
He's not calling any kid out by name. He also hasn't said anything untrue, to my knowledge. I obviously can't stop you from getting upset about it. But he's been consistent with his thoughts on our recruiting. Posting one's honest thoughts is the exact opposite of trolling.

My opinion not about what he posts as opposed to where he posts it. When we announce a young mans commitment to our beloved Gamecock nation, that is not the post to express one’s disappointment that it’s another 3* or 3* U. There are many other post where one can bash on Champs lack of ability to move our program in the right direction.

When we post about a recruit we should all look for the positives. After all, he is the next potentially great player until he isn’t. Give him a chance to prove his talents on the team before saying he’s only this or can’t do that.

Reactions: Expro19 and cadcock
My opinion not about what he posts as opposed to where he posts it. When we announce a young mans commitment to our beloved Gamecock nation, that is not the post to express one’s disappointment that it’s another 3* or 3* U. There are many other post where one can bash on Champs lack of ability to move our program in the right direction.

When we post about a recruit we should all look for the positives. After all, he is the next potentially great player until he isn’t. Give him a chance to prove his talents on the team before saying he’s only this or can’t do that.
So starting an entire thread that discusses how lackluster and underwhelming our recruiting is is better than responding to this thread where people are often celebrating how we are not bringing in any difference makers? To me, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. To each their own though.

I'll agree that some of these guys could shine in the future. But as I said earlier, expecting all of them to be diamonds in the rough is a pipe dream, not to mention statistically impossible.

So starting an entire thread that discusses how lackluster and underwhelming our recruiting is is better than responding to this thread where people are often celebrating how we are not bringing in any difference makers? To me, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. To each their own though.

I'll agree that some of these guys could shine in the future. But as I said earlier, expecting all of them to be diamonds in the rough is a pipe dream, not to mention statistically impossible.

I agree that not all will be diamonds in the rough and that some will shine. It’s even greater odds that few will become the impact player we hope for just because of the SEC. Almost any other conference and our recruiting classes would be plenty to out-talent most teams. We wouldn’t seem so lackluster. But, I choose to see every recruit as that diamond until they prove otherwise.

Reactions: cadcock
I agree that not all will be diamonds in the rough and that some will shine. It’s even greater odds that few will become the impact player we hope for just because of the SEC. Almost any other conference and our recruiting classes would be plenty to out-talent most teams. We wouldn’t seem so lackluster. But, I choose to see every recruit as that diamond until they prove otherwise.
That's your prerogative. Myself and others choose to be realistic.

Well it isn’t working in the SEC and apparently isn’t enough to out talent the Sun Belt either.

Every school brings in a few 3* guys to complement their high level recruits. Even Clemson, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU and UGA. Some are underrated and will turn out to be stars. Others will serve as role players and substitutes for 4 years and give their all to the University. The foregoing depends a great deal on the person but also the quality of coaching and leadership on the team. But you cannot build a playoff team with just 3* players and a mediocre coaching staff. It will not happen.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Di
You need to see the big picture with the 3* commitments. They are 17 and 18 year old players who will grow with coaching and maturity it's mostly about 2 to 4 years down the road and growth potential. They all were offered by some good schools for the same reasons. They won't look the same in 2 years and won't be the same player. Remember Deebo a former 3* recruit it worked out for everyone. Besides there's go assurance any high star will pan out. There's much to be said about hard work and desire. Seldom a freshman really contributes in his first season. Welcome aboard.
Did you copy and paste this from a post when Spurrier's recruiting began to concern people?

Well it isn’t working in the SEC and apparently isn’t enough to out talent the Sun Belt either.

Thanks for agreeing with my point! o_O It’s a coaching issue. App State out coached and outplayed us. They were more motivated to beat us than we were to play them. Definitely wasn’t a talent issue.

Every school brings in a few 3* guys to complement their high level recruits. Even Clemson, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU and UGA. Some are underrated and will turn out to be stars. Others will serve as role players and substitutes for 4 years and give their all to the University. The foregoing depends a great deal on the person but also the quality of coaching and leadership on the team. But you cannot build a playoff team with just 3* players and a mediocre coaching staff. It will not happen.

I agree with your premise completely. Fortunately, we are not barren of talent. We have a lot of 4* and a few 5*’s. There are several of this years 3*’s that will be good players for us and others will provide depth. Coaching has to improve! Fingers are crossed that Bobo’s offense will help our defense. We need to game plan and play like we did against Georgia every week!

How do you know that their aren't difference makers in this class? You have absolutely no idea if a recruit is a difference makers or not based on someone sitting at a computer evaluating Seniors in HS.. Craziest post in a while and that says Alot.

I agree with your premise completely. Fortunately, we are not barren of talent. We have a lot of 4* and a few 5*’s. There are several of this years 3*’s that will be good players for us and others will provide depth. Coaching has to improve! Fingers are crossed that Bobo’s offense will help our defense. We need to game plan and play like we did against Georgia every week!
This^.... We have 4 star players all over the field. A few of those 4 star players, if evaluated now, would be 5 star( Horn, Robinson, possibly Muk, Jones... We have some studs man. We will be much better.

How do you know that their aren't difference makers in this class? You have absolutely no idea if a recruit is a difference makers or not based on someone sitting at a computer evaluating Seniors in HS.. Craziest post in a while and that says Alot.
1. I'm simply playing the odds. As I've said multiple times in the past, there are the occasional 3 stars that turn out to be difference makers (like Shaw, Ingram). But the majority of them turn out to be role players -- which are definitely needed. But you have to have those difference makers if you want to compete at at an elite level.

2. We have a 1 star talent HC. And he aways has been. The more of his guys and his "system" he gets in place, the worse the program becomes. Both here and at Florida. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe that he'll "coach 'em up."

1. I'm simply playing the odds. As I've said multiple times in the past, there are the occasional 3 stars that turn out to be difference makers (like Shaw, Ingram). But the majority of them turn out to be role players -- which are definitely needed. But you have to have those difference makers if you want to compete at at an elite level.

2. We have a 1 star talent HC. And he aways has been. The more of his guys and his "system" he gets in place, the worse the program becomes. Both here and at Florida. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe that he'll "coach 'em up."
Fair enough, but there are more 3 star difference makers than there are 4 and 5 star difference makers in the NFL.

Fair enough, but there are more 3 star difference makers than there are 4 and 5 star difference makers in the NFL.
It’s an old article but it explains why that is and why it doesn’t change the impact of 4 and 5 star recruits.

Your telling Lie. I usually comment " 3 star U" get it right. And how is 3☆ star a degratory term?

Sounds like a lame recruiting pitch from the Old School movie. Blue, you’re my boy!

Yeah but what we do know is. No team has won a SEC Championship consistently recruiting below average in the SEC. Boom sold his self as a recruiter. So far he hasn't had a class finish in the Top 6 in the Conference. With Pruitt at Tennessee at best our class is gonna finish 4th in the East. Some people feel good that we have top 25 classes, but when 7 or 8 teams are ahead of you in your Conference your not closing the gap.

Reactions: Dizzy01
True. But they didn't all come from the same couple of programs, which is what we would need to happen in order to have great success with a majority of this level of recruits. Which is why many of us are unhappy with it.

Reactions: ddw1263
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT