ADVERTISEMENT

Reflection on an experiment gone wrong...

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
Here are my takeaways of trying to pull for Clemson in hopes that my 40+ years of Gamecock luck would wear off on them.

1. The football gods are not so easily fooled. As much as I tried, I couldn't really get behind what I was trying to do. I had to hold my nose with each post and most came off as sarcastic and simply sycophantic.

2. Unfortunately, Clemson is good at football. Despite several marginal performances this year (and every year) they truly get ready to play in every big game. Unfortunately, playing the Gamecocks is no longer a big game for them and they treated it as such. And, YES, it is painful to type that. F them anyway.

3. Be who you are and celebrate yourself loudly and profanely if need be. You can't fool the football gods and you can't fool yourself. I'm a Gamecock fan and I embrace it - NOW MORE THAN EVER. We're a historically mediocre team and the future looks about the same. Perhaps we'll sneak a few more good years soon that take us to the precipice. We're also a bunch of passionate, kind (despite booing Navy), and entertaining fans. There are few "bandwagoneers" in Gamecock nation. You either are or you aren't.

Finally, I will never, ever, ever, never pull for Clemson again. They will probably win the Heisman in the next couple years and even another meaningless National Championship. Who cares. Good for them. I'm not one of them, never will be, and will always celebrate that fact.

And guess what. I'm looking forward to our incredibly difficult 2019 season now more than ever.

GO COCKS!

Here are my takeaways of trying to pull for Clemson in hopes that my 40+ years of Gamecock luck would wear off on them.

1. The football gods are not so easily fooled. As much as I tried, I couldn't really get behind what I was trying to do. I had to hold my nose with each post and most came off as sarcastic and simply sycophantic.

2. Unfortunately, Clemson is good at football. Despite several marginal performances this year (and every year) they truly get ready to play in every big game. Unfortunately, playing the Gamecocks is no longer a big game for them and they treated it as such. And, YES, it is painful to type that. F them anyway.

3. Be who you are and celebrate yourself loudly and profanely if need be. You can't fool the football gods and you can't fool yourself. I'm a Gamecock fan and I embrace it - NOW MORE THAN EVER. We're a historically mediocre team and the future looks about the same. Perhaps we'll sneak a few more good years soon that take us to the precipice. We're also a bunch of passionate, kind (despite booing Navy), and entertaining fans. There are few "bandwagoneers" in Gamecock nation. You either are or you aren't.

Finally, I will never, ever, ever, never pull for Clemson again. They will probably win the Heisman in the next couple years and even another meaningless National Championship. Who cares. Good for them. I'm not one of them, never will be, and will always celebrate that fact.

And guess what. I'm looking forward to our incredibly difficult 2019 season now more than ever.

GO COCKS!

It feels like the football Gods are enjoying punching us in the nuts over and over again. We clearly have ticked off a higher power.

GO COCKS!

The football gods are a cruel bunch indeed. But, my hats off to you for a noble and valiant effort, sir.
giphy.gif

It feels like the football Gods are enjoying punching us in the nuts over and over again. We clearly have ticked off a higher power.
I'm going to hold off on that assumption until we sign a couple top-10 classes in a row and then see how it goes from there.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

GO COCKS!

I am going to need a day or two to totally forgive you for this though, I read your posts and was hurt....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT