ADVERTISEMENT

Regardless of what happens with UT and OU joining the SEC, I think it is low on the part of all three parties to

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
keep A&M, Oklahoma State and the Big 12 in the dark while negotiations were on going between the SEC, UT and OU behind closed doors.

Reactions: bucketdad
keep A&M, Oklahoma State and the Big 12 in the dark while negotiations were on going between the SEC, UT and OU behind closed doors.
I agree, I'm sure A&M and Mizz are not happy. I dont want it to happen. But it really doesnt effect us that much really.

This discussion has been going on for almost a year. Arky is from the old Big8, Mizzou is from the same, etc. The NCAA is destroyed in football. Sankey and the rest of the teams are just positioning themselves to eliminate any NCAA involvement in football, and moving towards total autonomy. The NCAA will still have the basketball tourney and other sports, but the Super Conference will rule itself. Hopefully with Sankey in charge. Adios NCAA as far as football is concerned. No more leaching funds from bowls and conferences.

Reactions: jerryusc
This discussion has been going on for almost a year. Arky is from the old Big8, Mizzou is from the same, etc. The NCAA is destroyed in football. Sankey and the rest of the teams are just positioning themselves to eliminate any NCAA involvement in football, and moving towards total autonomy. The NCAA will still have the basketball tourney and other sports, but the Super Conference will rule itself. Hopefully with Sankey in charge. Adios NCAA as far as football is concerned. No more leaching funds from bowls and conferences.
Based on the reaction of the B!G commish at its media days and those of the ACC commish, Sankey hasn't let them in on his grand plan...and if he hasn't spoken to those two, seriously doubt he has the PAC-12 commish either. He may be going on a journey all his own.

Andy Staples

@Andy_Staples

If Texas A&M is really that mad, I’m sure the folks in charge know that the SEC has no exit fee and no grant of rights. Of course, the SEC has no exit fee because it doesn’t need one.

4:41 AM · Jul 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

I wonder if Texas A&M ever told one of their coaches that they like the coach but the boosters do not like the coach and the boosters are the ones that write the big checks so they end up firing the coach. Point of story is this, Texas A&M knows that college football is a business that generates money.

The NCAA gave up years ago trying to police college football. Miami and UNC were guilty of major infractions and just got a slap on the wrist. When the NCAA investigated tattoo gate at Ohio State, there was evidence somebody was providing new cars to players. The NCAA ended the investigation without getting into the real corruption.
Coach Dan Mullen was telling the truth when he said Cam Newton's dad demanded money from who ever Newton signed with. The NCAA looked into the situation and said Newton was ok to play. The NCAA did not say Auburn didn't buy Newton. They just ended the short investigation and said he could play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT