ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Chadwick Boseman

RIP Died at a young age of 43... Cancer knows no age, color or sex...

My Sister-in-law is a 12 year survivor, niece is dealing with it for 6 years and she's 12 today... Cancer can change lives for the worse...

I just heard he he had stage 3 colon cancer and died on Jackie Robinson Day for 2020 and "I have a dream speech" August 28

https://sports.yahoo.com/chadwick-b...VRpQnWOZgxVz8mfucHB9-A4f9HtViSPc8kYehJNK4zvOs

Last edited:
Reactions: paladin181
Please let this be a reminder for all to have colon check ups, often times it can be treated successfully. Prayers to his family.
I agree but the recommended age to start screening is 50. I wonder if this ran in his family which I believe they recommend screening before 50 if that is the case.

Reactions: bayrooster
I loved that guy. Man he was great to watch. He was like a dark skinned Tom Hanks.
So sad.....

I agree but the recommended age to start screening is 50. I wonder if this ran in his family which I believe they recommend screening before 50 if that is the case.
It is a very sad case. There are more ways to address the issue than the traditional colonoscopy, but young guys like him have been told many times it's a late forties, early fifties kind of thing. And it is typically. But, we are really getting a lesson this year in the "it can happen to anybody" realities of health.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Am I the only person on the planet that has never heard of this person? We need to fast track a cure for cancer.....
I'm not familiar with him either but sounded like a great actor. He graduated from TL Hannah same year I graduated from Dutch Fork. RIP

It's changed over time. At 40 my doctor said that since I didn't smoke I could wait til 45. At 45 he said I could hold off since they had pushed it to 50 but when I told him my mom and grandmother had died of colon cancer he scheduled me for the following week. Cancer sucks. RIP Chadwick.

I got a letter from Kaiser saying I was supposed to get a self screening kit in the mail. Is there such a thing? I haven't received anything yet.

Bozeman did Mr Brown to a “T” in Get On Up.The first concert I ever saw was James Brown at Columbia Township Auditorium in “68.

It's changed over time. At 40 my doctor said that since I didn't smoke I could wait til 45. At 45 he said I could hold off since they had pushed it to 50 but when I told him my mom and grandmother had died of colon cancer he scheduled me for the following week. Cancer sucks. RIP Chadwick.
I had my first one at 38 due to family history and have had another one since. Will continue to get them as long as they're necessary. Sad that by the most time people are diagnosed, it's pretty much already Stage 3 or 4. RIP Chadwick. He was a great actor but by all accounts, he was also an amazing person.

Reactions: ShannonL
I got a letter from Kaiser saying I was supposed to get a self screening kit in the mail. Is there such a thing? I haven't received anything yet.
Don't trust them. I used one this past year in hopes of avoiding the colonoscopy and it was a false positive.

I was not very familiar with his work other than 42. I am familiar with cancer and its results. If we can find a covid vaccine, why cant we do something about cancer? Or is it more profitable to keep treating it? Prayers for the young mans family. A life cut short too soon

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT