ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Coach Bowden

Amazing to hear about the peace he and his family had dealing with his final days. His Florida State teams were amazing and fun to watch. Because they were so good he kind of because easy to root against. But in the end, it’s hard to deny that he was one of the really good guys in college football.

I still remember that 59-0 a$$ blistering we got in 1988. For those that were alive and remember it, it wasn’t even that close.

I think we all agree he was a legend as a coach and one of the best people ever to coach. RIP

I still remember that 59-0 a$$ blistering we got in 1988. For those that were alive and remember it, it wasn’t even that close.

I think we all agree he was a legend as a coach and one of the best people ever to coach. RIP
It was drubbing, but probably less painful than Clemson losing to them that season when Bowden called the puntrooski from his own 20 yard line. The man had balls of steel.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
It was drubbing, but probably less painful than Clemson losing to them that season when Bowden called the puntrooski from his own 20 yard line. The man had balls of steel.
Absolutely. Only a legend could even think about making that call. That’s the type of play call in a video game. I just remember my dad screaming and laughing at the TV when it happened. I think I did the same when Melvin Ingram ran his fake punt against Georgia.

Reactions: DarkCock
Absolutely. Only a legend could even think about making that call. That’s the type of play call in a video game. I just remember my dad screaming and laughing at the TV when it happened. I think I did the same when Melvin Ingram ran his fake punt against Georgia.
Exactly. What most people don't remember is the game was tied with less than 2 minutes left when he called it. If that play fails, then Clemson kicks a field goal and wins it.

Bobby Bowden was one of a kind. RIP.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT