ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor on Twitter about Doty starting

Truth bomb.

Reality is, there’s not really many other P5 programs where he would sniff the starting job.
It’s rare to see one as consistently wrong. Impressive.

We’re South Carolina. We’ve lost to Tennessee, Florida, and LSU. We’ve beaten Auburn.

Y’all is some dee-lusional mafakas.

It’s rare to see one as consistently wrong. Impressive.

We’re South Carolina. We’ve lost to Tennessee, Florida, and LSU. We’ve beaten Auburn.

Y’all is some dee-lusional mafakas.

well, as the previous poster accurately pointed out, he wasnt even gonna be the starter at CSU. If you can’t win the starting job at CSU.......

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Would be a decent time to try Doty from Muschamp’s perspective. Either catch lightning in a bottle or get the same result and maybe the fans ease up on Hill (and therefore Muschamp). If nothing else, I think a QB change can help motivate a struggling defense.

I 'll go against the grain, and say Hill is much better than some of you think. He has put the ball in receivers hands all season. The only one that can catch is Shi, our other receivers could not catch Corona if they were locked in a NY old folks home. We have serious depth issues at WR that are not solvable mid season. Benching Hill is not going to suddenly make those guys start catching the ball.

Would be a decent time to try Doty from Muschamp’s perspective. Either catch lightning in a bottle or get the same result and maybe the fans ease up on Hill (and therefore Muschamp). If nothing else, I think a QB change can help motivate a struggling defense.

I don’t think anyone will ease up on Muschamp if Doty starts and struggles. If anything, it’ll just prove the point further that Muschamp is a QB killer and sorry coach.

Doty would be cool to see but then I remembered who he has to throw too. Our qbs don't have the luxury that LSUs freshman had as weapons

I could go either way. As I've mentioned before, there's nothing saying we have to cut a single, multimillion dollar check for him to go away. It can be paid in smaller installments over a longer period of time. It can also be negotiated down, if both parties are willing.
Maybe if we file bankruptcy we get out of paying him. There’s still hope

well, as the previous poster accurately pointed out, he wasnt even gonna be the starter at CSU. If you can’t win the starting job at CSU.......

He was injured and out for the season in the third game at CSU last year, but not before throwing for 8 touchdowns, 840 yards, and opening with 374 yards against Colorado. Don’t know how “the poster” knows he wouldn’t be starting this year, but assuming that’s accurate and how CSU’s season is currently underway, that decision may have been revisited.

Might have more to do with the O-Line than QB position.

I hope they mix Hilinski in some just to get him some action. If it does turn out to be Doty and Hilinski doesn't get any reps, that tells you the coaches have written him off.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Doty would be cool to see but then I remembered who he has to throw too. Our qbs don't have the luxury that LSUs freshman had as weapons

Anybody can get open with enough time. Perhaps Doty can extend plays for an extra second or two which may allow plays to develop or players to get open. Additionally, he may present enough of a running threat to keep defenses from pinning their ears back. Honestly, what does mustamp actually have to lose?

I hope they mix Hilinski in some just to get him some action. If it does turn out to be Doty and Hilinski doesn't get any reps, that tells you the coaches have written him off.

Hilinski may have written himself off, meaning he is not putting in the effort that is expected from a high major QB. Hopefully he puts it together, he has some talent, but needs to use it.

Do you have a link to anything? Had no idea he was being lazy.
Seriously. I haven't heard any of this stuff until recently. Not even when he was a wet behind the ears freshman did we hear anything like this. Now all of a sudden it's an issue? I'd like to see who's actually reporting that with their name attached to it.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Seriously. I haven't heard any of this stuff until recently. Not even when he was a wet behind the ears freshman did we hear anything like this. Now all of a sudden it's an issue? I'd like to see who's actually reporting that with their name attached to it.

It's been all over the other site for months. His fundamentals are off and he isn't going the extra mile.

Last edited:
Ryan is more talented than Hill . He's not fast but he can extend plays.

I agree with you that Potential wise his ceiling is so much higher. However, IMO, I believe he isn't been playing because he hasn't learned to make the routine play and make the correct line calls/audibles and reads. (Bobo said that early in the summer was an issue for him)
Can you think back to last year where he really extended any play or showed that ability? The only guy on the team he is probably faster than is Hill.

If he has improved on last year, then I'm all for giving him an opportunity to show that. But, I think Doty is the better option moving forward with our program. We've got to have someone be able to move around in the pocket and extend plays.

I agree with you that Potential wise his ceiling is so much higher. However, IMO, I believe he isn't been playing because he hasn't learned to make the routine play and make the correct line calls/audibles and reads. (Bobo said that early in the summer was an issue for him)
Can you think back to last year where he really extended any play or showed that ability? The only guy on the team he is probably faster than is Hill.

If he has improved on last year, then I'm all for giving him an opportunity to show that. But, I think Doty is the better option moving forward with our program. We've got to have someone be able to move around in the pocket and extend plays.
Once again, the receivers are getting a free pass in all of this. I’m a former qb and can testify that a set of aggressive receivers that attack their routes, attack the ball, want to be “the man”, and will MAKE A PLAY when they get the chance will dramatically improve an observer’s opinion of a qb, AND vice versa. We and Hill are getting the latter, and offensively THAT is a bigger need than a qb that “can extend plays” in my view.

I have no problem Hilinski, but truthfully, before injury, after injury, whatever, I did not see this “high ceiling” you guys are talking about. It’s clear to me that the better arm and presence belongs to the guy being thrown under the bus by the savvy.

Got to go read the daily Q&As. Not sure if they are still up or not. Also not going to link TOS here.
Ok. I finally found TM's comments. So far, he's the only I've heard saying this. No one here (that I've read) or on 107.5 or their guests from other news outlets have even hinted at it. So I'm not sure I put too much stock into it.

Been for a while, not so much slacking, but not taking a leading role, first to come last to leave is one of the bigger hits.
First to come last to leave is actually the opposite of slacking... ?? Sounds like you are making ish up and cannot even get your own story straight.

Maybe if we file bankruptcy we get out of paying him. There’s still hope

Finebaum said today almost no SEC coach would be fired this year unless he went 0-10 and lost each game by a large margin and even then he might not be fired. So, we have Muschamp for at least another year, it appears.

Now Hill may have been the starter at CSU, not sure but he would have had a good chance.

This is what I still can't understand about Hill. As we all know he has had three knee surgeries, he is just one play away from a career ending injury. Not a season ending injury but a career ending injury. I guess that could be said of any player but with Hill he is at a much higher risk. Why would you start someone like Hill over QBs that have so much longer to play than a guy that is just one play from never playing college football again? Why would you not develop a QB (s) that have four to five years to contribute to your program? It makes no sense to me!

Once again, the receivers are getting a free pass in all of this. I’m a former qb and can testify that a set of aggressive receivers that attack their routes, attack the ball, want to be “the man”, and will MAKE A PLAY when they get the chance will dramatically improve an observer’s opinion of a qb, AND vice versa. We and Hill are getting the latter, and offensively THAT is a bigger need than a qb that “can extend plays” in my view.

I have no problem Hilinski, but truthfully, before injury, after injury, whatever, I did not see this “high ceiling” you guys are talking about. It’s clear to me that the better arm and presence belongs to the guy being thrown under the bus by the savvy.

The ceiling I was referring to was compared to Hill. I agree you about RH3. I didn’t see RH3 being stellar last year. Did he do some nice things, yes! Should he been able to get a year to learn under his belt, yes. I just don’t see him being the future of the program.

This is what I still can't understand about Hill. As we all know he has had three knee surgeries, he is just one play away from a career ending injury. Not a season ending injury but a career ending injury. I guess that could be said of any player but with Hill he is at a much higher risk. Why would you start someone like Hill over QBs that have so much longer to play than a guy that is just one play from never playing college football again? Why would you not develop a QB (s) that have four to five years to contribute to your program? It makes no sense to me!

Development should have happened not only in practice but also against LSU/Vandy

First to come last to leave is actually the opposite of slacking... ?? Sounds like you are making ish up and cannot even get your own story straight.
You misread what I said, he is not first to come last to leave. And why would I make stuff up that TOS has reported?

Lol; 50% of the posters pissing and moaning because we lost to Tennessee, Florida, and LSU, and the other 50% bemoaning that we didn’t sit the starter so we can mortgage today on tomorrow.

I understand starting and playing Hill, because from what I’ve seen he absolutely gives us a much better chance to win NOW than do RH and certainly Joyner. I WOULD like to see Doty get some real eye test PT, let us see for ourselves.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT