ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield should never have been hired in the first place.

Right. It’s also important to note that if not for defensive TDs we likely lose to ECU and Troy.

That's a good point. If you take out defensive touchdowns, we're averaging 21 points per game this season (currently @ 23, opponents are averaging 24 against us). That's not enough to win football games. However, with what our defense is doing, with a team averaging close to 30 points per game; we would have a much better record and far better chances to win week in and out because those defensive numbers aren't bad. Our defense is the reason we're in games and have won a few.

That's a good point. If you take out defensive touchdowns, we're averaging 21 points per game this season (currently @ 23, opponents are averaging 24 against us). That's not enough to win football games. However, with what our defense is doing, with a team averaging close to 30 points per game; we would have a much better record and far better chances to win week in and out because those defensive numbers aren't bad. Our defense is the reason we're in games and have won a few.
Yup. We are around the 100 mark in scoring now. Another 6 ppg puts you in the 50 range. Still not an amazing number but it would make a world of difference.

Reactions: Ghostang
I think it's just amazing coincidence that the offense finally all got in the same page and performed that one week when UF had totally mailed it in.
Well....flu or not.....they played how they played against us (lifeless, with no intent). Did the same against Samford. Expect it to continue from them. You dreamers who thought one of our program's worst (ever) offenses suddenly got on track with a 3rd string QB were just wrong. It was too painful to tell you at the time. We let you revel in the win, and gloat despite being misinformed.

Well....flu or not.....they played how they played against us (lifeless, with no intent). Did the same against Samford. Expect it to continue from them. You dreamers who thought one of our program's worst (ever) offenses suddenly got on track with a 3rd string QB were just wrong. It was too painful to tell you at the time. We let you revel in the win, and gloat despite being misinformed.

You missed my boatload of sarcasm. I really need to get a font for that or something.

He promoted the offensive side from within initially, then hired a guy one year out of HS ranks.

On defense, he spent money on Steele, then fired him for sucking. By the time they brought in Venables, it was several years and conference championships (acc) into Dabo tenure.

Edit: I should say at least one conference title. Because they got to the bcs game where uwv shellacked them before Venables was hired.
yes...that "guy" had an innovative offense that few were running in college at the time combining up tempo, veer concepts spread field look with plenty of motions to constantly disrupt the defense and create great matchups.
Oh by the way...we passed on the new wave of someone doing that (Chadwell).

So, the Beamer resembles Dabo in almost no ways....and unless Beamer can go find and hire U. Meyer/G. Malzahn/A. Briles/C. Morris 2.0 we are a .500 football team...because we CAN NOT compete witH UGA, UF, Auburn, LSU, Bama, Tenn, A&M, etc in recruiting/talent. Better be innovative, creative and cutting edge.

Our BOT chose to not go that route with the HC hire (esp. the last two hires). Our current HC chose to not go that route choosing an OC. It's fine...everything is fine.

yes...that "guy" had an innovative offense that few were running in college at the time combining up tempo, veer concepts spread field look with plenty of motions to constantly disrupt the defense and create great matchups.
Oh by the way...we passed on the new wave of someone doing that (Chadwell).

Oh absolutely, I was diminishing his resume to answer the question of how Dabo got high priced assistants to work for a newbie coach with no experience.

On the offensive side at least, he promoted from within and then went the young up and Comer from a small school. That guy wasn't high priced or sought after until he left clemson.

Clemson also paid whatever was necessary for their assistants.

Chad Morris was one year out of HS football when Dabo hired him. He definitely was not considered "top caliber" at the time.

As far as his first DC, Steele was a SC native who was looking to get back to the state
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

He promoted the offensive side from within initially, then hired a guy one year out of HS ranks.

On defense, he spent money on Steele, then fired him for sucking. By the time they brought in Venables, it was several years and conference championships (acc) into Dabo tenure.

Edit: I should say at least one conference title. Because they got to the bcs game where uwv shellacked them before Venables was hired.
Excleent,summary. I don't keep up witrh anything clemson, so I was genunily asking. Thanks for the response.

How would you know.
Well, my friend. You do know that his coaching record is public knowledge, right? The wins and losses, as well as the statistics are recorded for all posterity. So I stand by what I originally posted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT