ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield should resign.

If Satterfield truly thinks of Beamer as a friend, then he should do him a favor and resign. His offense averaged 11 points in the first half this season and was shutout in 25% of our games. 3 of 12, not a single point. Beamer had a lot of hype from some big-name offensive recruits to start the season and Satterfield/Adkins have 1000% destroyed that. Hopefully Coach runs them out of Columbia as soon as this game is over.
Nope, he should be canned. His best play calling all year was running the same 2 plays against Auburn. Is that really who we need calling the offense. A good OC can work around weaknesses, his calls seem to highlight our weaknesses.

I was at the game in the upper deck.
TV showed Beamer yelling at Satterfield?
He was visibly frustrated and chewing somebody's ass on the headphones for a prolonged period. Given what just happened on the field, it's reasonable to assume it was Satterfield.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Urban legend. Just because you repeat it doesn’t make it true.
It's not a legend. It's exactly what he said:

“So, we’re 7-6, we’ve got a winning season. I got even with Miami. I had been 0-1 against Miami. People ask, ‘Do coaches keep up with that?’ Yeah, I keep up with that,” Spurrier said.

Spurrier called Tanner that week and said, “I think it’s time. Let’s call the press conference.”

But Tanner urged Spurrier to reconsider, which gave other external forces time to go to work on him.

“Of course, (wife Jerri Spurrier) didn’t want that,” Steve said. “She loved living here. She loved hugging the players. She loved everything about it. Of course, I had two sons on the staff (assistant coach Steve Spurrier Jr. and analyst Scottie Spurrier). They didn’t want to go for that. Then (Florida radio host and longtime friend) Buddy Martin, he called up and he says, ‘Steve, do you realize you have a chance to do something that has never been done in the history of college football, win 100 games at two schools?’ He said, ‘You’ve got 84, all you need is 16.’”

It's not a legend. It's exactly what he said:

“So, we’re 7-6, we’ve got a winning season. I got even with Miami. I had been 0-1 against Miami. People ask, ‘Do coaches keep up with that?’ Yeah, I keep up with that,” Spurrier said.

Spurrier called Tanner that week and said, “I think it’s time. Let’s call the press conference.”

But Tanner urged Spurrier to reconsider, which gave other external forces time to go to work on him.

“Of course, (wife Jerri Spurrier) didn’t want that,” Steve said. “She loved living here. She loved hugging the players. She loved everything about it. Of course, I had two sons on the staff (assistant coach Steve Spurrier Jr. and analyst Scottie Spurrier). They didn’t want to go for that. Then (Florida radio host and longtime friend) Buddy Martin, he called up and he says, ‘Steve, do you realize you have a chance to do something that has never been done in the history of college football, win 100 games at two schools?’ He said, ‘You’ve got 84, all you need is 16.’”
Are you really that stupid?

Tanner didn’t try to talk him into staying. He told him to talk it over with his family.

Some of you keep trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Are you really that stupid?

Tanner didn’t try to talk him into staying. He told him to talk it over with his family.

Some of you keep trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Hilarious.

Dingus, Spurrier called Tanner and said he was ready to call a press conference and retire. You said that was an "urban legend." Even when you are faced with Spurrier's actual words, you call me stupid? Amazing.

Hilarious.

Dingus, Spurrier called Tanner and said he was ready to call a press conference and retire. You said that was an "urban legend." Even when you are faced with Spurrier's actual words, you call me stupid? Amazing.
Didn’t deny SOS walked in and said he was ready to resign.

What I said was Tanner didn’t try to talk him into staying.

Tanner asked him if he’d talked to his family (he hadn’t), so he suggested he do that. Spurrier agreed.

Please try to keep up. You’re arguing, and you don’t even know what you’re arguing about.

Didn’t deny SOS walked in and said he was ready to resign.

What I said was Tanner didn’t try to talk him into staying.

Tanner asked him if he’d talked to his family (he hadn’t), so he suggested he do that. Spurrier agreed.

Please try to keep up. You’re arguing, and you don’t even know what you’re arguing about.
"Urban legend. Just because you repeat it doesn’t make it true."

I responded to this post with a quote from Spurrier (without commentary) saying he told Tanner he wanted to retire and Ray asked him to reconsider. Your response, like a child, was to call me stupid and pretend you said something else. Suits me. Some people are just babies.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Well Shane has hit the crossroads rather quickly with us. If he keeps Marcus, we will be looking for a completely new staff in 4 years. If Shane can get lucky and hire a great OC, Shane and crew will probably be here another 20years or so.
I just don't see him keeping Satterfield. If he does, he has rocks for a brain. I will be shocked if we don't have a new OC and a new Offensive Line Coach next season. Going into this game, Clemson averaged giving up 317.7 yards per game. We got a grand total of 206 yards last night. I suspect we will fall from our lofty 111 Total Offense ranking (out of 130 teams). I really, really don't understand how anyone can defend Satterfield's performance.

Well Shane has hit the crossroads rather quickly with us. If he keeps Marcus, we will be looking for a completely new staff in 4 years. If Shane can get lucky and hire a great OC, Shane and crew will probably be here another 20years or so.
Good observation!
He may be able to eventually run his current offense with the right people, but in order to recruit those right people, he needs to get real creative offensively.

If his OC was on par with his DC, he might have some good teams.

"Urban legend. Just because you repeat it doesn’t make it true."

I responded to this post with a quote from Spurrier (without commentary) saying he told Tanner he wanted to retire and Ray asked him to reconsider. Your response, like a child, was to call me stupid and pretend you said something else. Suits me. Some people are just babies.
The original comment was that Ray talked him into staying.

That wasn’t true.

So you jumped in with a quote saying Ray asked him to reconsider. That also isn’t true.

Then you upped the ante, and claimed I stated that Spurrier didn’t tell Ray he was ready to quit. Also not true.

All Ray did was ask him if he’d discussed it with his family.

That’s a far cry from the urban legends propagated here by people like you and others. Quit moving the goalposts to try and create a narrative.

Reactions: shagginrooster
The original comment was that Ray talked him into staying.

That wasn’t true.

So you jumped in with a quote saying Ray asked him to reconsider. That also isn’t true.

Then you upped the ante, and claimed I stated that Spurrier didn’t tell Ray he was ready to quit. Also not true.

All Ray did was ask him if he’d discussed it with his family.

That’s a far cry from the urban legends propagated here by people like you and others. Quit moving the goalposts to try and create a narrative.
The quote came from an interview with Spurrier. They used the word "reconsider." Seems like a good source but maybe you have a better one. In any event, asking a coach to talk it over with his family sure seems like asking him to "reconsider," but that's just me. Whatever mental gymnastics you need to do to not be wrong is fine by me. I was just quoting verbatim from an article where they actually interviewed Spurrier. I'm sorry that hurt your feelings. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Truth. It would have been a good year to have a good team. 2nd in the east was there for the taking... along with a new year's day bowl. Damn that Muschamp. What a waste of time that was.
He only left three five stars on the team let's see if beamer can sign one five star. Our class of 2022 is pitiful

Reactions: jonesz21
Fire Tanner for sure- and Beamer needs a blank check to hire an offensive coordinator. We haven’t had an offense in like 8 years.
at this point it is up to beamer. firing ray does absolutely nothing at this point. sory, i messed up your agenda

Honestly, I can't see why top offensive recruits or skill players would want to come play for Satterfield. Muschamp set us back big time but if Beamer doesn't fire Satterfield and find a top OC as soon as possible then the damage is going to keep getting worse. Our OL, offensive play calling, and penalties have been inexcusable this year. We have regressed into one of the worst offenses we have had in a very long time.
I think he's already waited too long. It should have happened Monday after the Clemson game.

I think he's already waited too long. It should have happened Monday after the Clemson game.
Yep. But at this point, it looks like we're going to continue riding this horse. If things don't miraculously turn around next year (on the O side of the ball), CSB may be signing his own walking papers using Satt's pen.

The quote came from an interview with Spurrier. They used the word "reconsider." Seems like a good source but maybe you have a better one. In any event, asking a coach to talk it over with his family sure seems like asking him to "reconsider," but that's just me. Whatever mental gymnastics you need to do to not be wrong is fine by me. I was just quoting verbatim from an article where they actually interviewed Spurrier. I'm sorry that hurt your feelings. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Both "reconsider" and asking him to discuss it with his family are both still a far cry from talking him into staying....which has looong been repeated by many on here. I heard the same as @biting curve did prior to that story coming out. Reconsider basically is to "think about it" or "sleep on it."

If Satterfield truly thinks of Beamer as a friend, then he should do him a favor and resign. His offense averaged 11 points in the first half this season and was shutout in 25% of our games. 3 of 12, not a single point. Beamer had a lot of hype from some big-name offensive recruits to start the season and Satterfield/Adkins have 1000% destroyed that. Hopefully Coach runs them out of Columbia as soon as this game is over.
Every one knows you King Ward are Clemson trollers and are classified as malcontents. Please leave this forum you are not welcome.

I hope some of you feel as idiotic as your posts. I was wrong about the game but right about the staff.

Calling a Gamecock or Gamecock fan a tater is hurtful. There are some taters masquerading as Gamecocks on this forum but due diligence is needed before calling them out. Just win. Go Cocks!

No, it's not more than that. That is what happens when you get down to a 3rd string QB from a FCS Catholic school. At any school. With any OC. If you believe otherwise, you've been watching too many Disney movies.
I agree that our offensive talent is extremely low. Include Jason brown and GA zeb Nolan’s on this. What the sunshine pumpers never address is: our staff was on the job in dec/jan. You can recruit, get transfers in at unprecedented Rates these days AND who ever you bring in....you have to get them better and play the best of the group.
Our best offensive game this year.....we backed into by playing two guys we HAD to play because they’re the only eligibles who have take what snaps in college. So- they weren’t chosen to play....as judged by our staff...they had to play.
One positive....I felt like both were extremely prepared for this game....by the staff. So that’s a great thing for the program. I wish we would’ve seen that in 10-11 other games this year.

I agree that our offensive talent is extremely low. Include Jason brown and GA zeb Nolan’s on this. What the sunshine pumpers never address is: our staff was on the job in dec/jan. You can recruit, get transfers in at unprecedented Rates these days AND who ever you bring in....you have to get them better and play the best of the group.
Our best offensive game this year.....we backed into by playing two guys we HAD to play because they’re the only eligibles who have take what snaps in college. So- they weren’t chosen to play....as judged by our staff...they had to play.
One positive....I felt like both were extremely prepared for this game....by the staff. So that’s a great thing for the program. I wish we would’ve seen that in 10-11 other games this year.

When you coach 40-50 young men, there are a lot of moving parts. It's a very complex task to coach an offense. People that were hard on Satterfield this year, in my opinion, have no understanding of how difficult the job is.

When you coach 40-50 young men, there are a lot of moving parts. It's a very complex task to coach an offense. People that were hard on Satterfield this year, in my opinion, have no understanding of how difficult the job is.
He should've been able to do that and bring in another 30 instant impact players to a 2 win team with a couple months before spring with a completely unproven staff and nothing but negative perception coming from both national coverage and every corner of the gamecock message board universe, so street DeBoer

It's funny seeing how many of these predictions are wrong a little more than a month later. We of course attracted Rattler and the only teams that had more yardage against NC this year were Virginia and Wake Forest, both of which others lamented having OC's they'd rather have and having returning multi-year starters at QB with more experience than we had on the team.

I just don't see him keeping Satterfield. If he does, he has rocks for a brain. I will be shocked if we don't have a new OC and a new Offensive Line Coach next season. Going into this game, Clemson averaged giving up 317.7 yards per game. We got a grand total of 206 yards last night. I suspect we will fall from our lofty 111 Total Offense ranking (out of 130 teams). I really, really don't understand how anyone can defend Satterfield's performance.
well for one, clemson had some important pieces out during the year. they got everybody back before wake forest game.. you saw what they did there and continued the rest of the year. we didnt play the same team that lost twice

It's funny seeing how many of these predictions are wrong a little more than a month later. We of course attracted Rattler and the only teams that had more yardage against NC this year were Virginia and Wake Forest, both of which others lamented having OC's they'd rather have and having returning multi-year starters at QB with more experience than we had on the team.

Considering Beamer was mentioned in a few Oklahoma coaching searches and had a previous relationship with him, I'd imagine that had something to do with it. That being said. If we can continue to produce like we did in the Mayo Bowl (or better) next season, then I'll gladly film and post myself admitting I was wrong about Satterfield. There's few things in this world I'd be as happy to be wrong about!

Reactions: 92Pony
Considering Beamer was mentioned in a few Oklahoma coaching searches and had a previous relationship with him, I'd imagine that had something to do with it. That being said. If we can continue to produce like we did in the Mayo Bowl (or better) next season, then I'll gladly film and post myself admitting I was wrong about Satterfield. There's few things in this world I'd be as happy to be wrong about!
Like they say in life we all have opinion about different issues. We may not agree but the least we can do is to respect another persons viewpoint and opinion.

Reactions: rogue cock
There was a guy getting absolutely dogged for quoting Rattler's qb coach when saying Satterfield's offense was the reason he came, and since then Satterfield said things about his pitch that rang true for that story and Beamer did, so when people claim that Rattler didn't choose and believe in this offense because of prior relationships, it's just not ringing true from what has been said publicly. Rattler trusted Beamer but had to hear Satt's pitch before he committed. The only way we'll get a better indication that it mattered in his recruitment is if Rattler himself says it and that won't happen until at least the spring if at all. The only reason people don't want to accept all of the first hand accounts that say he's coming to play in the scheme is because people made their mind up about Satt awhile ago. I try to be more fluid and recognize growth in the team over the year because I recognize that assumptions of what someone else could do with the roster is just that, assumptions. I have re-evaluated my own impression of the baseline talent on this team, for instance, I didn't think it would take musical chairs most of the year to find a LT that's not consistently best by speed off the edge and it hasn't been a concern in the recent games, so clearly my assumptions I had earlier that Turnetine would hold it down well were wrong so what I thought we'd accomplish prior was off-base.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT