ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Pippen...

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
I read somewhere that Pippen has some major financial problems he is dealing with.

I read somewhere that Pippen has some major financial problems he is dealing with.

I would gladly take his financial problems, he is not worth $100 million, he has lost a lot, and made a lot of poor decisions, but he has sued outlets who called him bankrupt, because he is not and he is still a multi millionaire.

If I recall correctly from the Bulls documentary, Pippen got royally screwed (or screwed himself) in the contract department during his time with the Bulls. Like he was one of the lowest paid players in the league during their run. Might explain him feeling a bit jilted.

If I recall correctly from the Bulls documentary, Pippen got royally screwed (or screwed himself) in the contract department during his time with the Bulls. Like he was one of the lowest paid players in the league during their run. Might explain him feeling a bit jilted.

He screwed himself . He signed an extension early because he wanted his $$$ right away . Even the bulls owner and GM told him not to do it . Now in his defense I think he was doing it more to take care of his family but it was still a stupid decision .

I agree that Pippen comes off as a douche. But he was the 5th overall pick in his draft, so it’s not like he was chopped liver. Those Bulls teams weren’t one man teams like everybody makes out. Yes, Jordan was the greatest ever, but it didn’t hurt that they had the greatest rebounder ever (Rodman) and one of the greatest Forwards ever (Pippen).

I agree that Pippen comes off as a douche. But he was the 5th overall pick in his draft, so it’s not like he was chopped liver. Those Bulls teams weren’t one man teams like everybody makes out. Yes, Jordan was the greatest ever, but it didn’t hurt that they had the greatest rebounder ever (Rodman) and one of the greatest Forwards ever (Pippen).
Exactly. MJ = GOAT, but nobody's winning an NBA title by themself.

I always felt that Pippen was in the "Overrated" category and who will forever be viewed as a second fiddle to Jordan. Moreover, Pippen's playing days post Chicago were nothing to brag about. Yeah, he does come off like a "Bitter Old Man." Dude, just go get a life!

How many NBA championships did Jordan win without Pippen? 0

Both were critical players to the Bulls success.

I agree. Obviously, this is true. Some would point to the Jordan-less season in which the Bulls failed to win a title. That's what I most often hear cited that Pippen couldn't get it done without Jordan. I remember at the time, it was a big spotlight on Pippen...could he do it without MJ. Then Jordan returns for a full season and they rip off 3 in a row again.

When we start claiming racism when the final shot is drawn up for a white European guy instead of a black man we are treading on dangerous territory. Pippen showed exactly why he didn’t get the ball by refusing to play in the game. You’d think there would be beef if the shot was missed and the opportunity blown. Pippen is “bitching” about a play being drawn up that WORKED! He has no credibility as far as I’m concerned. He’s definitely trying to stay relevant.

When we start claiming racism when the final shot is drawn up for a white European guy instead of a black man we are treading on dangerous territory. Pippen showed exactly why he didn’t get the ball by refusing to play in the game. You’d think there would be beef if the shot was missed and the opportunity blown. Pippen is “bitching” about a play being drawn up that WORKED! He has no credibility as far as I’m concerned. He’s definitely trying to stay relevant.

Coaching is now the new racism... I don't remember the last shot, but if Pippen was being double covered in the last few minutes of the game, then why not use Pippen as a decoy and give it someone who could shoot from the outside...

Problem with Pippen's statement, this happened years ago and no one remembers the last 1 or 2 in the game...

Coaching is now the new racism... I don't remember the last shot, but if Pippen was being double covered in the last few minutes of the game, then why not use Pippen as a decoy and give it someone who could shoot from the outside...

Problem with Pippen's statement, this happened years ago and no one remembers the last 1 or 2 in the game...
Exactly. Eddie Fogler could be considered racist for drawing up the play for Travis Kraft against Florida. Who gives a $hit? We won! Pippen is showing that he’s, at best, a selfish piece of crap.

I agree. Obviously, this is true. Some would point to the Jordan-less season in which the Bulls failed to win a title. That's what I most often hear cited that Pippen couldn't get it done without Jordan. I remember at the time, it was a big spotlight on Pippen...could he do it without MJ. Then Jordan returns for a full season and they rip off 3 in a row again.
Yes and that would all have merit if Jordan could have all won without those guys, either before or after those runs. But at the end of the day they wouldn't be who they were without each other.

Reactions: duckcock2.0.0
Absolutely, well said!

How many NBA championships did Jordan win without Pippen? 0

Both were critical players to the Bulls success.
Somebody had to play with Jordan. And Jordan wouldn’t have won 6 with a bunch of nobodies. BUT…Jordan is the reason the Bulls won those titles and everyone knows it. A number of players could’ve stepped in and played Pippen’s role. Still have to build a team around him and Pippen was solid. But I’m sure this is why he is so bitter. Pippen couldn’t win a title with these guys. If Pippen doesn’t play with Jordan, I’m not sure he’s very memorable player.

470135303-seattle-supersonics-v-houston-rockets.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Having watched the special on Jordan I kind of feel for Pippen. He got screwed on his first contracts and I'm sure that it keeps coming up to "haunt" him when he realizes what he missed out on. It's only money, but when the money train stops in your 30's you have a lot of time to think about everything that was left on the table.

Having watched the special on Jordan I kind of feel for Pippen. He got screwed on his first contracts and I'm sure that it keeps coming up to "haunt" him when he realizes what he missed out on. It's only money, but when the money train stops in your 30's you have a lot of time to think about everything that was left on the table.

Who did the screwing?? Phil Jackson???

Who did the screwing?? Phil Jackson???

No, not Phil. I'm just sure it made Pippen bitter toward everyone in the organization. It was a really weird situation where he entered into a really long-term deal that screwed him almost immediately when the salary cap went up. The Bulls exacerbated that by refusing to re-negotiate for like 5 years as Pippen was an all-NBA player and star for the team, and using the savings to bring in other pieces around Jordan.

The Bulls were within their rights to do that, but Pippen wouldn't dare sit out to get his fair market value because of Jordan and Jackson. It was a messed up deal all around and every party shares some blame. In the end though Pippen was the only one in the story to get the short end of the stick.

How many NBA championships did Scotty win without Jordan? I believe Heath said yesterday Scottie never even made the allstar game after Jordan left… and he was only 33 at that time, played 6 more years. 33 is not too old to play at a high level in the NBA. Jordan himself- the man Scottie tries to compare himself to- was 35 when he won his last MVP! Why could Scottie not produce at that level at 33 without Jordan if he was the main catalyst?

I heard the interview on Dan Patrick’s show live and was shocked at how he blathered on. He is clearly just trying to drum up publicity for his coming brand releases and his book. He said numerous times how he knows he gets himself in trouble when he opens his mouth and not 2 minutes later was calling Phil Jackson a racist! This was not some innocent slip of the tongue!

Reactions: will110
No, not Phil. I'm just sure it made Pippen bitter toward everyone in the organization. It was a really weird situation where he entered into a really long-term deal that screwed him almost immediately when the salary cap went up. The Bulls exacerbated that by refusing to re-negotiate for like 5 years as Pippen was an all-NBA player and star for the team, and using the savings to bring in other pieces around Jordan.

The Bulls were within their rights to do that, but Pippen wouldn't dare sit out to get his fair market value because of Jordan and Jackson. It was a messed up deal all around and every party shares some blame. In the end though Pippen was the only one in the story to get the short end of the stick.
Being dumb enough to sign that awful deal was Scottie’s second biggest contribution to the Bull’s win streak.

Somebody had to play with Jordan. And Jordan wouldn’t have won 6 with a bunch of nobodies. BUT…Jordan is the reason the Bulls won those titles and everyone knows it. A number of players could’ve stepped in and played Pippen’s role. Still have to build a team around him and Pippen was solid. But I’m sure this is why he is so bitter. Pippen couldn’t win a title with these guys. If Pippen doesn’t play with Jordan, I’m not sure he’s very memorable player.

470135303-seattle-supersonics-v-houston-rockets.jpg.jpg

Right. If you take Jordan out of the mix, they likely don't win any titles. You could have subbed out a number of players for other guys on the roster and Jordan would have still carried them to the 6 titles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT