ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at Columbiana Mall

I was just stuck in the traffic caused by it. Pray for first responders who were rushing in. I’m assuming a gang related incident from the sound of things. It’s a shame that the Harbison area is going downhill.

Last edited:
Heard it was a shoot out in the gap. Thought that was a white hipster store.

I just don't understand what all has to happen to cause you to want to shoot someone at a mall. What is the lead up to something like that?

Reactions: cockofdawn
I just don't understand what all has to happen to cause you to want to shoot someone at a mall. What is the lead up to something like that?
It does not matter, whether it be at a mall, a subway or wherever or why. Put them either behind bars or a mental institution for a long, long time.

Grew up going to Columbiana Mall being an Irmo product. Remember vividly when they first built it. Irmo's gotten rough.

I basically lived at Columbiana through my middle and High School days. So during the 90s in its glory days. It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long.
I think that within the next 5 to 10 years Columbiana Mall will become like Columbia Mall. I’m not sure if anything can be done to change that if it’s not already to late.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Not getting their ass whooped when they are kids for starters.
Dumbest statement ever. You don’t have to whip your kids to discipline them. Having two parents in the home would be a much better start. I come from a family of 5 with parents that don’t believe in whipping. Out of 5 kids all are well functioning professionals that are outstanding members of society. Having 2 parents is more important than whipping your kids.

Reactions: yankacock
Dumbest statement ever. You don’t have to whip your kids to discipline them. Having two parents in the home would be a much better start. I come from a family of 5 with parents that don’t believe in whipping. Out of 5 kids all are well functioning professionals that are outstanding members of society. Having 2 parents is more important than whipping your kids.

Perhaps he wasn't meaning whipped literally?

Malls create urban landscape. Urban landscape attracts people with nothing to do. These days those individuals only have bad intentions. Columbiana is already like Columbia Mall. I’ll never set foot in there again. Thanks to yesterday my kids said they won’t either.

Malls create urban landscape. Urban landscape attracts people with nothing to do. These days those individuals only have bad intentions. Columbiana is already like Columbia Mall. I’ll never set foot in there again. Thanks to yesterday my kids said they won’t either.
Malls in general are becoming a thing of the past. Covid only further helped the decline of brick and mortar clothes stores. I can order my stuff and send it back it if doesn’t fit. Most of the time I just order multiple sources and put it on a credit card. Pay the balance at the end of the end of the month. Wife does the same.

Reactions: PC31
I got spanked many times, and I deserved every one of them. Not a one of them were for the same offense, I knew better than to do it again. If I got a spanking at school, I got another one when I got home. I'm not scarred for life and I still love my parents and respect my teachers that gave me spankings.

I got spanked many times, and I deserved every one of them. Not a one of them were for the same offense, I knew better than to do it again. If I got a spanking at school, I got another one when I got home. I'm not scarred for life and I still love my parents and respect my teachers that gave me spankings.
Never said you did, I just don’t agree that it is a must to raise a full functioning member of society. Not getting whipped is not why these kids end up as “bangers”. That’s all I’m saying. People can parent how they see fit. It’s just not a have to.

Kids start the gangbangers lifestyle at birth because that’s what their parent(s) did, and their parent(s) before them.
So when I first moved out of my parents house on my own…. I made the mistake of picking those apartments at Zimalcrest and Broad River. Typical drama at 1:00am was large group brawls outside between people ages 10 and 50. You would see kids as young as 2 or 3 just kind of walking around in the middle of this. And some people carrying infants. Like 20 Richland County cars would have to show up to stop it.

Clearly it's not about having "2" parents. It's about having whoever is in charge instill discipline and accountability in a person. Every child is different and every situation is different. Some may require spankings, some may not. The problem is a large portion of caregivers nowadays don't bother following either method. You can't half-ass it whichever way you decide to raise someone.

Clearly it's not about having "2" parents. It's about having whoever is in charge instill discipline and accountability in a person. Every child is different and every situation is different. Some may require spankings, some may not. The problem is a large portion of caregivers nowadays don't bother following either method. You can't half-ass it whichever way you decide to raise someone.

One red flag I've noticed, and some parents come right out and say it, is when they would rather be their child's friend than parent.

Malls in general are becoming a thing of the past.
They definitely are. A guy tried to get me to invest in a real estate investment trust of malls. I said, sure, give me a monthly dividend of 15% and I will consider it. Then I laughed all the way home.

Statistics say otherwise.

18 and 21 speaks volumes.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Don't have the stats, heard it on the radio years ago, but not having a male adult in the household had some ridiculous increases in chances to go to prison, do drugs, commit various crimes., etc.

I remember telling my wife that simply by being in the house i was helping raise the kids better! :)

Suspect out on bond already. $25,000.
Yep and the “justice” system shares equal blame in some of these issues. This person has injured 14 people, traumatized countless others, has been convicted of accessory after the fact to another murder and gets an ankle bracelet. If something else happens with this individual this judge has blood on his hands.

Statistics say otherwise.

18 and 21 speaks volumes.
Those statistics don't take into effect the other variables. I spent over 10yrs dealing with data involving juveniles and such.
Ex: Financial status based on having one caregiver vs two is a bigger factor than actually having "2" parents. Surrounding environments are usually worse with single caregivers. The support system for both the child and caregiver is dramatically worse when not dealing with two caregivers.
So it's not because of having both parents around. It's because of the other factors.
I can take pretty much any collection of data and make it fit any argument I want by controlling the variables within the data collected. It's the worse and greatest thing about statistics. That's why you gotta be careful how you perceive polls/data. Unfortunately most just sit back and believe what they read on social media or the news without verifying how the data was collected.

I only believe the statistics I research and formulate. Otherwise you're only getting the opinion of the analyst.

Suspect out on bond already. $25,000.
ABSOLUTELY, shameful. He said that some guys had been threatening him for a couple of years and they saw him at the mall and pulled out guns. So he pulled out his gun and starting shooting. But somehow he doesn't know who the other guys were. I would keep his butt in jail until his memory gets a little better.

ABSOLUTELY, shameful. He said that some guys had been threatening him for a couple of years and they saw him at the mall and pulled out guns. So he pulled out his gun and starting shooting. But somehow he doesn't know who the other guys were. I would keep his butt in jail until his memory gets a little better.
It all has to do with the charge. Bail has to match the charge. Judges can’t just set bail at whatever they want. The only charge is illegal carrying of a firearm at this time. A firearm that he purchased legally. I don’t have a problem with the bail if that’s all he is charged with.

Yep and the “justice” system shares equal blame in some of these issues. This person has injured 14 people, traumatized countless others, has been convicted of accessory after the fact to another murder and gets an ankle bracelet. If something else happens with this individual this judge has blood on his hands.
Bullshit, the judge is bound by the law on what he could do. It’s the very reason the murdaughs got bail. It legally had to be provided to them per the charges.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT