ADVERTISEMENT

Simple question. Why didnt USC just honor the Marshall tickets for this weekend ?

Other people have suggested it was for insurance purposes. If true then I’m guessing the university benefits more from taking the loss.

Don’t know if it’s true, but if so I can see why.

Too easy. All they had to do was change the scanners that scan the tickets . But no they made you refund the Marshall ticket. Then USC makes you re buy the ticket . The Akron ticket should had been sold around $25
Oh, way too high. $15 at the most, based on demand, or lack thereof. Well, now that they crapped the bed on the sales for this game, even those would be worthless.

Honestly it was probably a smart move for USC. Either way they will get the money based on attendance and concessions. This allows them to at least give out a bunch of free tickets to the community in an effort to get people to the game. Otherwise there would probably just be even more unused tickets from people that can’t attend or spend the time finding someone to give the tickets to.

Has anyone gotten the refund for the Marshall game? I got an email that said it had been refunded, but I haven't received it.

I dont understand it.

hciEpcw.jpg

Reactions: jeff2001
They did it this way because the gamecock club members pitched a fit the way they handled the last cancellation. Some gamecock club members donated their money and it did not go to the place it was supposed to others did not get there tax write off. The Gamecock club messed up and did not want a repeat of the same situation. Think about it, it would have be a lot easier to just keep the Marshall tickets. USC lost a lot of money just on printing cost alone. That’s not counting everything else. But they didn’t want to piss off gamecock nation again. Well I guess you just can’t please everyone.

Reactions: vehemon
They did it this way because the gamecock club members pitched a fit the way they handled the last cancellation. Some gamecock club members donated their money and it did not go to the place it was supposed to others did not get there tax write off. The Gamecock club messed up and did not want a repeat of the same situation. Think about it, it would have be a lot easier to just keep the Marshall tickets. USC lost a lot of money just on printing cost alone. That’s not counting everything else. But they didn’t want to piss off gamecock nation again. Well I guess you just can’t please everyone.

That may be true but there is the big difference between the last home game cancellation is that it was played in Baton Rouge. Hard for a lot of Gamecock fans to make that game on 2-3 days notice. This one is still being played in Columbia. Any person with tickets to the Marshall game within a 200 miles or so could reasonably attend the Akron game too.

Of course the Gamecock club messed up the “donation option” which is a surprise to whom? Very little to no one.

I dont understand it.
It must have been easier to refund instead of give out the option to either exchange the ticket, donate the money to Gamecock club, or get a refund.

I asked for a refund the last time this happened and that didn't happen. The ticket money was automatically donated to the Gamecock club.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT