ADVERTISEMENT

Since Clemson Has Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineyardscock

Aug 16, 2016
won the National Championship, are college football programs just going through the motions to play out the season? Wow, I've never seen so much hype nationally. Bama doesn't get they hype this program is getting right now.

Watson is not just your star player he makes the offense click. Without him you go from a Corvette to a Kia. He's not hurt now but it's a long season.

You questioned him saying we were the best offense in college football I simply provided a source fro that claim. I am sure if you played what ifs with Bamas defense you could probably make them not #1 also.

Most teams would have a large drop off if their star player was injured. What is your point he isnt hurt now and that is what rankings are based on.
Wasn't Baylor down to like their 3rd string QB last year or the year before and still almost made the playoffs? They had a Heisman candidate QB go down and they still almost got in. Two years ago, Jamis Winston couldn't play against Clemson and FSU still won. Not all power schools fall apart when their best player goes down.

Watson is not just your star player he makes the offense click. Without him you go from a Corvette to a Kia. He's not hurt now but it's a long season.

An honest answer, please. Do you hope he gets hurt and can't play this year?

Wasn't Baylor down to like their 3rd string QB last year or the year before and still almost made the playoffs? They had a Heisman candidate QB go down and they still almost got in. Two years ago, Jamis Winston couldn't play against Clemson and FSU still won. Not all power schools fall apart when their best player goes down.

The argument being made here isnt if we can win without Watson. IMO we still can but if we would be the top offense in the nation without him. That is an easy one to answer... no.

The whole argument is irrelevant to the discussion at hand anyway which is... "Does Clemson have the best offense in the nation" Right now Watson is healthy and not injured so IMO and the opinion of the computers on the link I posted yes we do.

The argument being made here isnt if we can win without Watson. IMO we still can but if we would be the top offense in the nation without him. That is an easy one to answer... no.

The whole argument is irrelevant to the discussion at hand anyway which is... "Does Clemson have the best offense in the nation" Right now Watson is healthy and not injured so IMO and the opinion of the computers on the link I posted yes we do.
You go, clemsux117! Tell those Gamecock fans off! Set them straight. Feel better? Until the next reply?

And a lot of those threads are started by clemsux fans or posers, trying to bait Gamecock fans, see if they'll bite.

and the threads not started by taters are usually hijacked by them. Man I really wish I had been a member here several years ago. I bet the taters were nowhere to be found. Now they're coming out from the woodwork and even masquerading as Gamecock fans. They always give themselves away though; they just can't help themselves.

No one is telling anyone off.

Good lord its called having a conversation you should give it a shot instead of attacking others over and over on here.
Haha. Yet somehow all of your conversations ends up trying to prove Carolina fans wrong.

I spend my time on my team's board, not my rival's. You should try it.

and the threads not started by taters are usually hijacked by them. Man I really wish I had been a member here several years ago. I bet the taters were nowhere to be found. Now they're coming out from the woodwork and even masquerading as Gamecock fans. They always give themselves away though; they just can't help themselves.
Yeah, you missed it. With each of those 5 wins, more clemsux fans went into hiding. Very few "new members" trolling and for some reason, hardly any wanted to play the "I'm a Gamecock fan, really I am!" game.

It's still fun to expose them. Gotta laugh. They'll eventually pull a clemsux.

Watching college football rivals try to change one another's opinion is like watching @$$#@+$ on fb argue politics

Haha. Yet somehow all of your conversations ends up trying to prove Carolina fans wrong.

I spend my time on my team's board, not my rival's. You should try it.

That is completely false. Many posts I have made have been in agreement with your fellow Gamecock fans.

I am also able to post on multiple websites. There is a thing called tabs in most new browsers... "you should try it". You could also take some notes from your fellow gamecock fans who are able to post on here without attacking anyone and everyone. That is literally all you do on this board.

WRs Powell, Overton, Chase will all probably make an NFL team. OL Simpson probably. TE Richard maybe.

Remember FSU had something like 29 players drafted over 2 or 3 years. We have comparable talent now.

Comparable, maybe.
You're literally the first Clemson fan I've seen here say that the talent level between Clemson and FSU is comparable, rather than superior. Most Clemson fans refuse to admit that FSU has just as much talent, if not more, on its roster as Clemson. FSU has out recruited Clemson every year under Jimbo.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Comparable, maybe.
You're literally the first Clemson fan I've seen here say that the talent level between Clemson and FSU is comparable, rather than superior. Most Clemson fans refuse to admit that FSU has just as much talent, if not more, on its roster as Clemson. FSU has out recruited Clemson every year under Jimbo.

Clemson talent is better than FSU's at more than a few positions. I was referring to the 2013 FSU team that produced all those picks.

Clemson talent is better than FSU's at more than a few positions. I was referring to the 2013 FSU team that produced all those picks.

Yeah, I should've known it was too good to be true. FSU has been out recruiting Clemson since 2011. FSU has more talent on their roster. Clemson is not the only school in the country that recruits well. Go over to FSU's site and try to stir the pot. Or maybe Auburn's site.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
No one is telling anyone off.

Good lord its called having a conversation you should give it a shot instead of attacking others over and over on here.
200.gif

Reactions: clemtiger117
I'm not sure why people try to compare teams like that. Yeah, Clempson had better talent in a few key positions than South Carolina during the 5 streak but the Gamecocks still won. For the longest time the problem with Clempson was getting players that didn't meld together well. They weren't a team... just a bunch of guys that were individually good at football. Unless you've got game changers like Lattimore or Spiller, having a true team is more important. Georgia typically has the same problems as well.

Yeah, I should've known it was too good to be true. FSU has been out recruiting Clemson since 2011. FSU has more talent on their roster. Clemson is not the only school in the country that recruits well. Go over to FSU's site and try to stir the pot. Or maybe Auburn's site.

Seriously, watch some football. FSU, like USC, takes guys Clemson won't even consider. And it's not just JUCOs.

Clemson talent is better than FSU's at WR, QB, TE, one or two OL/OT spots and one or two DL spots. FSU is better at RB, LB and a few other spots. It shows up in the all-ACC teams.

Seriously, watch some football. FSU, like USC, takes guys Clemson won't even consider. And it's not just JUCOs.

Clemson talent is better than FSU's at WR, QB, TE, one or two OL/OT spots and one or two DL spots. FSU is better at RB, LB and a few other spots. It shows up in the all-ACC teams.

Plus, Clem just had a former 2* recruit drafted in the second round. You can't just go by rivals rankings; you must watch the games,

You Clemson guys always hang your hats on re recruiting, like no other team recruits as well. Here's a fact that you can't dispute; FSU has out recruited Clemson every season under Jimbo. Here's another fact. Clemson has only beat FSU 9 times. Ever. FSU has more talent on their roster. Period. You can cherry pick a few positions if you choose, but roster to roster FSU has more talent.

If you care to continue this coversation then maybe you should head over to taternet or FSU site?

You Clemson guys always hang your hats on re recruiting, like no other team recruits as well. Here's a fact that you can't dispute; FSU has out recruited Clemson every season under Jimbo. Here's another fact. Clemson has only beat FSU 9 times. Ever. FSU has more talent on their roster. Period. You can cherry pick a few positions if you choose, but roster to roster FSU has more talent.
I'd agree for the most part. FSU's talent is deeper. Lining up today even in front-line talent of FSU is better at DB, LB, DE, RB with the OL probably a push. Now, CU does have two 5* LBs but both are freshmen.

That said it's impossible to overestimate the value of an elite QB, particularly one with the weapons Watson has at his disposal. And given the stable of RBs and WRs and a very good OL CU's offense is still pretty strong without Watson, just maybe not world-beating.

That is completely false. Many posts I have made have been in agreement with your fellow Gamecock fans.

I am also able to post on multiple websites. There is a thing called tabs in most new browsers... "you should try it". You could also take some notes from your fellow gamecock fans who are able to post on here without attacking anyone and everyone. That is literally all you do on this board.
It's totally true. You lurk on your rival's forum, posting drivel, just waiting to pounce on Carolina fans & prove them wrong.

My fellow Gamecock fans probably have you on ignore. Especially the ones you've blasted.

You and your fancy browser tabs. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
Refrainment. "You should try it."

You're better. We are better. Maybe the taters can cover this year. Our worst team and your best team in 15 years. You made the conversation because Swofford fixed the ACCCG.
THAT BEING SAID, you guys put on a great show in the final4. Deshaun is a good dude....I like him and hope he doesn't end up in Cleveland. The Saints could suck this year. Deshaun learning from Brees? That would be cool, regardless of my Panther fandom.

Reactions: vehemon
Great answer. Thank you. Regardless of who we pull for in this rivalry, all of these young men deserve a chance to show their skills and have their hard work rewarded. Maybe we all should remember that it is still just a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT