ADVERTISEMENT

Smoke and mirrors 8-4

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
hope it gets better but it probably won’t.
Can’t recruit so impossible to get better.
Who would want to play on this offense?
Defense maybe... but offense no.

No offense, but did it really take another Clemson beat down for you to realize that? Your record gave most of your fans a very false sense of hope that y’all would win that game.

Reactions: CU93Tiger
No offense, but did it really take another Clemson beat down for you to realize that? Your record gave most of your fans a very false sense of hope that y’all would win that game.
Unfortunately, even the beat down tonight won't be enough to convince a lot of our fans that Muschamp doesn't deserve coach of the year awards.

Reactions: drawplay000
Well 2 wins against teams with winning records. It was a 10 win schedule and won 8. 5 of the wins were against offenses ranked 100th or worse. It was sadly a lil fraudulent 8 win season. Any team with a pulse showed where the team is.

Reactions: drawplay000
I don't think anyone could look at any game this year and say "wow we played dang good". We managed to win 8 out of 12. We were the beneficiary of some programs in complete disarray such as UF, Tenn, Arkansas and to be honest we only played 2 good teams this year and lost both. This team in many SEC years would've been a 4-5 win team max. I hate to admit it but we'd been a 5-6 win max team in the ACC this year no doubt.

Reactions: SomebodyLookatThis
Unquestionably the worst 8-4 team I have ever seen. This one coulda easily been a repeat of last year. UGLY all the way 'round.

We have three 4* WRs and a 4* QB. The OL did everything they needed to do tonight. This game was on the qb.

The issue here is the coaching/development. Edwards has gotten no better. Bentley has gotten worse. Deebo made some huge plays on his athleticism before he got hurt - not from any sort of good play calling.

Where did we see any improvement over the course of the season? RB and OL run-blocking. We actually ran well tonight - all night.

My point? We don't need a lot more talent on O. We need to find a way to get the ball to the receivers where they can make a play.

I don't think anyone could look at any game this year and say "wow we played dang good". We managed to win 8 out of 12. We were the beneficiary of some programs in complete disarray such as UF, Tenn, Arkansas and to be honest we only played 2 good teams this year and lost both. This team in many SEC years would've been a 4-5 win team max. I hate to admit it but we'd been a 5-6 win max team in the ACC this year no doubt.
You know you'll be called a tot for this piece of truth, don't you?:)

Reactions: textiger81

To which you replied...

You know you'll be called a tot for this piece of truth, don't you?:)

To which my point is: Not me!! I think he hit the nail on the head - in fact, he should consider changing his UN to "Stateline-Hammer-Cock"!

I personally did NOT call nor predict this game on this board. In fact, I told my ignorant ass of a brother, who is a Clem fan, that I thought they'd win by a score of 35 - 17. Thing is, I did not think our offense would be that big of a non-threat to their D.

Hell, after what I saw tonight, all I can tell you is that we're LUCKY that last year's score wasn't repeated!!

We have an offense PROBLEM!! By that I mean that we really don't have much of an offense!! I hope Champ makes ALL the necessary adjustments and changes.

Unfortunately if he doesn't, then our current reputation will have one helluva negative impact on our recruiting and our overall improvement (i.e. both short and long-term), right along with Champ's reputation in general!!

Right now I am 100% behind Muschamp. For right now. How and what adjustments he makes, along with how soon he does such, are what have me on hold in regards to my opinion as to where we're headed. I sure hope he has the balls and wherewithal to do the right THINGS ASAP!!!

We'll see what we'll see. The ball is in his court as I type this!!

Last edited:
Reactions: statelinecock
We have three 4* WRs and a 4* QB. The OL did everything they needed to do tonight. This game was on the qb.

The issue here is the coaching/development. Edwards has gotten no better. Bentley has gotten worse. Deebo made some huge plays on his athleticism before he got hurt - not from any sort of good play calling.

Where did we see any improvement over the course of the season? RB and OL run-blocking. We actually ran well tonight - all night.

My point? We don't need a lot more talent on O. We need to find a way to get the ball to the receivers where they can make a play.
And the offensive side recruiting is an area of concern. Will knows defense. Can he get the horses on offense?

We complain about play calling but our qb couldnt hit the seam routes and air mailed deep passes consistently. This is not just tonight but has reared its head on multiple occasions this year.

The o line is much improved over the course of the season. Wolford has produced much better results than Elliott.

We got spanked by the number 2 team in the country who happens to be our arch rival. It is going to take some hard work from recruiting, coaching and players executing. I am glad our staff and players are not as fickle as those that are on this board.

The season is not an epic failure as 2015 was and we are improved over last year.

Sadly the truth.

And the offensive side recruiting is an area of concern. Will knows defense. Can he get the horses on offense?

We complain about play calling but our qb couldnt hit the seam routes and air mailed deep passes consistently. This is not just tonight but has reared its head on multiple occasions this year.

The o line is much improved over the course of the season. Wolford has produced much better results than Elliott.

We got spanked by the number 2 team in the country who happens to be our arch rival. It is going to take some hard work from recruiting, coaching and players executing. I am glad our staff and players are not as fickle as those that are on this board.

The season is not an epic failure as 2015 was and we are improved over last year.
Amazingly in 2015 the game was close. That's the part I really don't understand. The players played intimidated tonight. After the first drive failed, they just looked rather uninspired.

In a normal SEC year this is a 2-9 team . We needed a miracle to beat ULM . Vandy scored FORTY-TWO on UT last night . VANDY for god sakes . No recruits want to play in a offense ranked in the 100s . Muschamp will not fire Roper . He will stick with him until he’s run out of Columbia next year . The sad things is I think our fans and admin will be happy with “So-So” and 7-5 seasons because that’s been the status Quo for a century . Steve Spurrier proved it can be done but Will Muschamp ain’t Steve Spurrier ; not even close . We can’t beat Freaking Kentucky and our fan base is jumping up and down over 8-4 . Guys I think next year will be even worse . We lose 7 players on a defense that was middle of the road anyway . And we gave the guy a raise !?!!?!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT