ADVERTISEMENT

So has Belk practiced and made enough progress to get on the field tomorrow?

Not if you do what they tell you and eat what they tell you. The difficulty is in the other direction. Gaining anything during practice is hard.
They have nutrition to a science. A buddy of mine walked on and during Fall camp gained 15 lbs of pure muscle. He went from squatting around 450 lbs to repping 405lbs.

Reactions: TheReelEss
His high school coach said he reported at 347 Aug 1 of his senior year and by mid September was at 307. Muschamp has said that he is taking to what the nutrition wants him to do. Curious as to how you know he us still at 359

Bet back In the day when William perry weighed about 40 lbs more than the ave lineman taters weren’t such negative nellies

Nobody on here knows what's about to happen or just how much Belk will or is ready to play.

If you do, please tell us how you know.

I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I don't think I've ever seen such high expectations for a true freshman, especially one that didn't even go through camp. This is higher than Clowney, Lattimore, etc. Idk if it's real or just because he came from Clemson

I'm glad he's eligible but do we really think he's going to make the impact many of you are expecting? I think it's lofty for any true freshman.

And this is where you lost me.

This one is going to be interesting to watch play out. There seems to be more to this whole story than is currently known. The kid sure has all the skills to be a stud player, maybe it was just a change of heart or he felt that he was at a disadvantage after the Clemson D-Line all decided to come back. I don't know. The whole way this one has gone just seems "different" than the norm.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I'm obviously exaggerating here, but I feel like people are thinking this guy is going to step in and be a force on the dline immediately. Think we need to be cautious.

I'm pulling for him but just don't see it happening until later in the year.
We need 6 DTs to get through the year. That is where he will come into play.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I'm obviously exaggerating here, but I feel like people are thinking this guy is going to step in and be a force on the dline immediately. Think we need to be cautious.

I'm pulling for him but just don't see it happening until later in the year.

3rd & short vs UghA, Josh stand here. A handful of these plays will create the gap fill we need to alter their running game. I've seen this episode before. I'm not asking for much else

He's a 5* so you give him a shot. He might only be here three. You don't want to waste one of those.

lol...that's < 6% of his body weight if he was 359. I walked around at 200 and I'd drop 15 lbs playing slow pitch softball.

I think the "overweight" bit is being a bit "overblown."

I think the over weight is just a side effect of taking 3-4 months off. Shouldn't take too long to get back where he was.

CWM said in his presser Belk would play. Some tomorrow, and more as the season progresses. No need for speculation unless there is a drastic departure from what was stated.

Reactions: rogue cock
Y'all talk as if Belk needs to get better he was a 5* recruit he hasn't forgotten how to play he just needs to trim down some and he will. They'd be nuts not to give him reps on Saturday.
He was not that highly rated until a good showing at the Army bowl thingy. He was 320lbs against HS kids. He jumped to 360lbs to play against D1 college men who have been in the system. Let's be real, if he was working out during a 2mo break he wouldn't have gained 30lbs. He will play but I highly doubtful he is any force this year and not unseeding anyone. If he's a force, it's because it's Coastal in the 4th and not Georgia in 1st.

Reactions: bosoxcock
I think the over weight is just a side effect of taking 3-4 months off. Shouldn't take too long to get back where he was.
You are giving him too much time. Clemson spring game was middle April. All schools do weight training after spring practice and I don't mean standing on scales. During that time they are on nutrition program. He left CU at end of May and was at USC end of July. So 2mos he gained 25-30lbs, I just have issue with this because that is super fast for a teenager full of testosterone.

Reactions: bosoxcock
I hate to ask, but I know that you have vast coaching experience and unlimited knowledge regarding this kid but I can't help myself. Why?

Please enlighten us all.
I am guessing he is referring to the Maryland fiasco if I was a betting man. If I was a concerned head coach I might be a little gun shy?

I hate to ask, but I know that you have vast coaching experience and unlimited knowledge regarding this kid but I can't help myself. Why?

Please enlighten us all.
I am guessing he is referring to the Maryland fiasco if I was a betting man. If I was a concerned head coach I might be a little gun shy?

There's most likely no way that this poster has any inside info on this subject. I'm fairly confident that Muschamp, the team doctor, Belk and his family will make the right call.

He was not that highly rated until a good showing at the Army bowl thingy. He was 320lbs against HS kids. He jumped to 360lbs to play against D1 college men who have been in the system. Let's be real, if he was working out during a 2mo break he wouldn't have gained 30lbs. He will play but I highly doubtful he is any force this year and not unseeding anyone. If he's a force, it's because it's Coastal in the 4th and not Georgia in 1st.
Really?

Triton, i'll respond to you, you are a knowledgeable good poster, yes, and i believe you have stated and i agree, the guy is out of shape, .. it amazes me how some posters think, they see a guy with 4 stars beside his name and want to make him AA before he steps on the field. One poster had him staying only 3 years. He will not be a major contributor this year and the coaches, due to him being out of shape coaches will bring him along slowly, one would assume.Why a proposed stud player would let himself get out of shape going into his freshman year is beyond me..

A few on this board, dont like it, but this IS a a forum where opinion's exist

Last edited:
Reactions: Triton20x
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT