ADVERTISEMENT

So, is Bobo coming or not?

I’m hearing GA wants him back after how putrid their O was this season..I’m no insider by any means but if that’s true I doubt he comes to Cola. It’s very interesting though bc it seems obvious if “head coach “ doesn’t have a good season, he and staff are out after next season so who can succeed year one or is willing to know its most likely a one and done?

Reactions: ShadowWeasel
I’m hearing GA wants him back after how putrid their O was this season..I’m no insider by any means but if that’s true I doubt he comes to Cola. It’s very interesting though bc it seems obvious if “head coach “ doesn’t have a good season, he and staff are out after next season so who can succeed year one or is willing to know its most likely a one and done?
That's why it'll have to be a multi year, multi million dollar contract.

That's why it'll have to be a multi year, multi million dollar contract.

multi million dollar buyout to go along with it? Unless the new OC is given a behind closed doors deal by Ray to take over as HC after the champ leaves, I don’t see it.
To get who you want, it’s going to take big money and a guarantee that they have full control. I don’t see either of those happening.
It will be someone willing to take a risk or promotion for someone on the staff.

Reactions: jonesz21
You're hearing that or are you seeing it plastered all over every Gamecock and Georgia message board?

Bobo won't be attached to Muschamp if he comes here and Muschamp gets fired ... He will still be in demand....

multi million dollar buyout to go along with it? Unless the new OC is given a behind closed doors deal by Ray to take over as HC after the champ leaves, I don’t see it.
To get who you want, it’s going to take big money and a guarantee that they have full control. I don’t see either of those happening.
It will be someone willing to take a risk or promotion for someone on the staff.
If he tries to pull this crap again, he should be fired on the spot.

I am just thinking with his job on the hot seat, who would be willing to take the job? What would an outside guy want in terms of money, contract length, and buyout?
Oh I totally agree. But Muschamp has to at least give the illusion that he's willing to think outside the box and hire an OC with some sort of experience. But you're right. It probably won't be anybody worth a crap.

Don't see him going back to UGA. Your second go-round somewhere almost never goes as well as the first.

Agree. Not a good look for current staff if they have to revisit personel from previous groups.

Ray said in an interview last week that he'll give Muschamp whatever money he needs to get the coaches he wants. I'm assuming that he'll have to give at least a 2-3 contract to land a OC. Does it make sense? Not to me.

Reactions: ShadowWeasel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT