ADVERTISEMENT

So it begins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a bunch of armchair patriots and angry old codgers will be on the wrong side of history again, being scared of the future and thinking their country only belongs to some of us and that the other people are destroying it. Welcome to the history of America.

I hope our entire team kneels and makes everybody put there money where there mouth is, even though we won't see the team kneeling in the locker room.

Yes, a bunch of armchair patriots and angry old codgers will be on the wrong side of history again, being scared of the future and thinking their country only belongs to some of us and that the other people are destroying it. Welcome to the history of America.

I hope our entire team kneels and makes everybody put there money where there mouth is, even though we won't see the team kneeling in the locker room.
WRONG!

I pray we stop giving this non-issue attention and move on with our lives.

Aren't people tired of being outraged all the time? On both sides of this issue and every other, people can't help but take to the Internet to express their displeasure. I am interested in escaping from all of the noise to enjoy Gamecock talk. It's bad enough I only have a 2 day weekend and 5 day workweek. Feels like the workweek is slipping into my weekend.

No. He's exactly right. I hate it for you (and others) that reality so easily dodges your grasp.

In fact, I back Sulay's entire statement 100%!!! I guess perhaps that he I simply see reality from a different perspective here in Charlotte.

Not my place to educate you. But I assure you, they indeed have a legit complaint. Question their tactics all you wish, but I promise you that they're methods, while questionable indeed, are directed/restricted due to their limitations.

Armchair my ass, I will be gone. Season tickets and gamecock club gone. You don't know me. I will not support that crap.

Armchair my ass, I will be gone. Season tickets and gamecock club gone. You don't know me. I will not support that crap.
BLM is F'd up no doubt. But in being blunt here, your average brotha and sista, lacking the financial means to favorably defend themselves, coupled with the fact that they, despite being numerically smaller in regards to the overall population count, are more apt to find themselves 1.) More likely under suspicion. 2.) Financially unable to afford affective defense, and 3.) Making up a larger portion/percentage of the prison system than any other race within these continental United States.

Just stating facts. Nothing personal there homey. =;-p

fWx327.gif

No. He's exactly right. I hate it for you (and others) that reality so easily dodges your grasp.

In fact, I back Sulay's entire statement 100%!!! I guess perhaps that he I simply see reality from a different perspective here in Charlotte.

Not my place to educate you. But I assure you, they indeed have a legit complaint. Question their tactics all you wish, but I promise you that they're methods, while questionable indeed, are directed/restricted due to their limitations.

No they don't have a legit complaint. FBI statistics confirm that. The media has pushed this narrative and politicians have used it to divide us all.

No seriously please tell us why we should care about your little temper tantrum over the fact that people are protesting because they want everyone to be treated equally?

You don't have to spanky. I don't care. I am just a little guy. My lack of presence nor my $ will make or break the athletic department. Maybe you should put me on ignore. The feature works.

Reactions: Goldhunter

Please do not tell people who disagree with your opinion that you "need to educate" them. Your opinion is it's OK to protest in the manner they are. Others of us disagree. Accept our opinion without being condescending. I believe the NFL players should not protest while at work. Once they report to work and put on their uniforms, they need to follow policies outlined which includes standing for the Anthem. They may protest during non work hours like the rest of us. They can file their paperwork to hold a demonstration, provided they pay the fee and protest in the designated areas that are set aside for such activities just like the rest of us. Entertainers as a whole should not be given platforms that we do not have to air their opinions. If a media type isn't asking us our opinion on the issues on a regular basis, entertainers should not be given that access. My opinion, not a wrong opinion and one that comes from a highly educated individual.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it show more courage and conviction if all these fellows who wanted to kneel during the national anthem in protest of perceived injustices just quit football all together. Let 'em put their money where their mouths and knees are. Stop acting like little girls and show some balls! Quit! Walk away with your dignity. Or are you all just fair-weather, weak-kneed, attention seekers? Real men take a stand against injustice, not a knee.

No they don't have a legit complaint. FBI statistics confirm that. The media has pushed this narrative and politicians have used it to divide us all.
You lack the basic awareness of their entire situation. Answer me this:. Why/how could that FBI stat be even slightly accurate??

You don't have to spanky. I don't care. I am just a little guy. My lack of presence nor my $ will make or break the athletic department. Maybe you should put me on ignore. The feature works.
I decline your suggestion to ignore you. Instead I will continue to point out ignorance when I see it.

Reactions: trekcock
YES, They have the right to protest, however if anyone says that they think it is wrong to protest in that manner.. the person protesting the way they are protesting are immediately attacked. Just like on FGF.. Never disagree with the left!! N E V E R or you will in fact be attacked and called names!!

Please do not tell people who disagree with your opinion that you "need to educate" them. Your opinion is it's OK to protest in the manner they are. Others of us disagree. Accept our opinion without being condescending. I believe the NFL players should not protest while at work. Once they report to work and put on their uniforms, they need to follow policies outlined which includes standing for the Anthem. They may protest during non work hours like the rest of us. They can file their paperwork to hold a demonstration, provided they pay the fee and protest in the designated areas that are set aside for such activities just like the rest of us. Entertainers as a whole should not be given platforms that we do not have to air their opinions. If a media type isn't asking us our opinion on the issues on a regular basis, entertainers should not be given that access. My opinion, not a wrong opinion and one that comes from a highly educated individual.
That is the Left way, forgive them, they know not what they do..

So how do we fix it. Blaming the country for personal failures. Tearing down a bunch of statutes does nothing. History is supposed to be learned, not copied. Freedom means keeping the government out of our lives to make decisions for ourselves. Life is all about making choices and which path to follow. Society owes you nothing. Muschamp talks about “want to” all the time. We all have to want to make something of ourselves and willing to work hard to get there. The worst thing we have done as a society is create gov’t
handouts because all they’ve done is create a culture of dependency. Success isn’t measured by who’s got the biggest checkbook, it’s feeling good about yourself. If you don't like who you are or who’ve become, then do something about it. But stop blaming everyone else or the country because you couldn’t accept responsibility for your life.

Did anyone actually read the story? He wasn't kicked off just because he kneeled. The entire team agreed to kneel before the anthem, and stand during it. He kneeled for both. The reason he was booted is because he betrayed his coaches' and teammates trust.

I wrote/typed the following verbatim...

Not my place to educate you.

While I am very happy for you that you're a "highly educated individual", I encourage you to get a grasp of your emotions.

I apologise if I've offended you and all others by simply stating my opinion. However, I assure you that such (i.e. my opinion) is based on my factual experience(s). Trust me, I have seen some stuff that blew my mind. I'll leave it at that.

WADR,

A_N

Reactions: funktavious

I'm sure many wont even click on your article to read it...as it may, (pause for effect), have an impact on their viewpoint.
The article (or study I should say) does give some support for the fact there is some level of racial bias (call it whatever word you want, racism being the strongest term which I think is overused) due to the fact that blacks and hispanics are more likely to have a physical altercation with the cops vs. whites.
I sympathize with the minorities in this country. I do feel there is an element of privileged and non-privileged when it comes to race and how we are treated by those we come into contact with on a daily basis. I also have seen way too many times that those people who take ownership/responsibility for their actions and who treat others well and work hard are successful people - regardless of race and often regardless of what situation they were born in. I still do sympathize with those who have a tougher mountain to climb due to factors out of their control - I feel that for all races because poverty is certainly color blind.
My own experiences with cops has been limited. On two occasions in my life have I ever interacted with an officer in which I was the one being questioned...one black officer in Taliaferro County, GA was as nice as he could be to me and one white cop in Cobb County, GA was a complete d*ck....and I'm a white guy. So it really leads me to the fact that cops are made up of the general population - and the general population consist of great people, honest people, servant leaders, jerks, racists, good parents, bad parents, those subject to addiction, and every other trait you can think of. No other job in this country requires what the job of a police officer requires and so they stand out like a sore thumb vs. say accountants as a whole, teachers as a whole, etc. - and I think what this article shows (and other statistics I've seen) is that when it comes to life and death situations there is not a racial bias....but when you look at the OVERALL picture, then yes, there is a racial bias that shows up....but not quite on the level it is portrayed.
Moral of the story? Impact your small area of influence in life for the better and Treat others as you'd like to be treated

I'm sure many wont even click on your article to read it...as it may, (pause for effect), have an impact on their viewpoint.
The article (or study I should say) does give some support for the fact there is some level of racial bias (call it whatever word you want, racism being the strongest term which I think is overused) due to the fact that blacks and hispanics are more likely to have a physical altercation with the cops vs. whites.
I sympathize with the minorities in this country. I do feel there is an element of privileged and non-privileged when it comes to race and how we are treated by those we come into contact with on a daily basis. I also have seen way too many times that those people who take ownership/responsibility for their actions and who treat others well and work hard are successful people - regardless of race and often regardless of what situation they were born in. I still do sympathize with those who have a tougher mountain to climb due to factors out of their control - I feel that for all races because poverty is certainly color blind.
My own experiences with cops has been limited. On two occasions in my life have I ever interacted with an officer in which I was the one being questioned...one black officer in Taliaferro County, GA was as nice as he could be to me and one white cop in Cobb County, GA was a complete d*ck....and I'm a white guy. So it really leads me to the fact that cops are made up of the general population - and the general population consist of great people, honest people, servant leaders, jerks, racists, good parents, bad parents, those subject to addiction, and every other trait you can think of. No other job in this country requires what the job of a police officer requires and so they stand out like a sore thumb vs. say accountants as a whole, teachers as a whole, etc. - and I think what this article shows (and other statistics I've seen) is that when it comes to life and death situations there is not a racial bias....but when you look at the OVERALL picture, then yes, there is a racial bias that shows up....but not quite on the level it is portrayed.
Moral of the story? Impact your small area of influence in life for the better and Treat others as you'd like to be treated
Thank You! You nailed it!!

Reactions: trekcock
DUDE?? Nice...
giphy.gif
LOL I did!! That one is fitting no doubt!!

Man, in regards to your post/point about the "Left", look, if you think that 'mois here is a Libtard, then Sir I don't know what to tell ya!! I am a 50 year old guy that has voted in every possible election within which I could participate. I have voted for one/uno Dem in my life!! ONLY ONE!! However, I will say that within the last decade I have become more of a "libertarian" in regards to my beliefs/opinions. I'll leave it at that!

Peace out!

BLM is F'd up no doubt. But in being blunt here, your average brotha and sista, lacking the financial means to favorably defend themselves, coupled with the fact that they, despite being numerically smaller in regards to the overall population count, are more apt to find themselves 1.) More likely under suspicion. 2.) Financially unable to afford affective defense, and 3.) Making up a larger portion/percentage of the prison system than any other race within these continental United States.

Just stating facts. Nothing personal there homey. =;-p

Out of curiosity, what percentage of the prison population are men?

Reactions: myrtlecock
Of the "men's prison"?? 99.9% - with a very small percentage being those that went through with the "operation".
I see your point though. I'm driving down I-77 at the moment. Hence I cannot surf the web to accurately answer that right now.

You tell me??

(Shitte!! I thought I was "editing" my previous post!! My bad!!).

That^^^

Wouldn't it show more courage and conviction if all these fellows who wanted to kneel during the national anthem in protest of perceived injustices just quit football all together. Let 'em put their money where their mouths and knees are. Stop acting like little girls and show some balls! Quit! Walk away with your dignity. Or are you all just fair-weather, weak-kneed, attention seekers? Real men take a stand against injustice, not a knee.
Or donate half their check to charities. Fat chance of that happening.

LOL I did!! That one is fitting no doubt!!

Man, in regards to your post/point about the "Left", look, if you think that 'mois here is a Libtard, then Sir I don't know what to tell ya!! I am a 50 year old guy that has voted in every possible election within which I could participate. I have voted for one/uno Dem in my life!! ONLY ONE!! However, I will say that within the last decade I have become more of a "libertarian" in regards to my beliefs/opinions. I'll leave it at that!

Peace out!

Great point...I'm a 59 year old guy , voted in every election since 1976 and only voted for a Democrat once, I held my nose and voted for Clinton this year. I'm also a Libertarian but thought Gary Johnson was nuts.
Just couldn't vote for the clown aka Trump

I see your point though. I'm driving down I-77 at the moment. Hence I cannot surf the web to accurately answer that at the moment.

You tell me??

(Shitte!! I thought I was "editing" my previous post!! My bad!!).

According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, 93.2%. A cursory review of that indicates males are being discriminated against.

You shouldn't be on your phone while driving ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT