ADVERTISEMENT

So Satterfield is the reason we got Spencer Rattler...

I agree. I don't want to see us waste 2-3 years on an OC that pretty much everyone can see isn't the answer. Would rather us take a flyer on a low-level high scoring OC than do another year of this ineptitude.
Who is "everyone"? There's like 10 to 12 of you haters here that have lost all credibility with the crap y'all post. I'll take the OP's link to the article anyday/ all day over a bunch of whining ass nellies. So would any other rational Gamecock fan.

I remember quite a few posters saying the improved play in that game was all due to the QB. Only to be followed a few days later with UF gave up…

I remember those posts as well. With UF's play the next week, and then the coach getting fired mid season, I think it corroborated the "giving up".

We had better TEs and RBs this year. It’s arguable that our WRs as a whole were better this year even though none were as good as Shi Smith. To argue we had less talent is to ignore the facts. Then you bring in the fact we ended the 2020 season with limited numbers due to Covid and played 10 SEC games shows a lack of intellectual honesty. This doesn’t even get into the lack of spring and summer practices and install for 2020 season.

You are the one “hoping” in one hand…and ignoring the reality of what we all saw.

Wrong. Bobo had the same TEs and receivers we had this year, PLUS Shi Smith, an NFL receiver that had 20 more catches than all other WRs COMBINED last year. AND Bobo had Smith AND Vann. And Muse AND Bell. He also had a healthy Kevin Harris. AND our leading rushing for this year Z White. Bobo had all the top players from this year, plus Shi Smith and a healthy Harris. We had no idea who was even going to be our top receiver this year in August.

At QB, Bobo got to bring his own that had been in his systems for years. And he had a healthy Doty to go when it went south. And he had 4* Hilinski on the bench to go to both those went down. NOT EVEN COMPARABLE. We started with a grad assistant that had no idea he would be playing three week before the season. He got hurt too and Doty came back, but wasn't ever 100%. Then we ended up with a FCS zero star Catholic school transfer, How you think we had MORE at QB this year is mind blowing.

As for your "intellectual honesty" comment about how many games we played, I clearly said the team we played in common both years. Against those 8 teams we played both years, the scoring results were identical in TDs and almost identical in points. With less talent.

You aren't ignoring what you saw. You just don't know or understand what you saw.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Sorry Mrs Satterfield, didn't mean to upset you. Just found the odd choice in trolling tactics to be a bit.... antiquated.

Nothing to be upset about. We got Rattler. And it's even better that Satterfield was the one that got him. LOL. I LOVE IT.

I remember how you posted that we were the 13th best team in the SEC with delight over and over and over.

Well, how did that work out, howling monkey troll?

As opposed to last year when it was a grad transfer and a true freshman who was playing WR rather than QB?
Are you trying to compare the WR position to QB?!? Really?!? Look, you're a nellie, it doesn't matter the facts when you're just gonna crap on our coaches anyway regardless. I can't have a reasonable debate with someone who thinks a WR and a QB are comparable.

Are you trying to compare the WR position to QB?!? Really?!? Look, you're a nellie, it doesn't matter the facts when you're just gonna crap on our coaches anyway regardless. I can't have a reasonable debate with someone who thinks a WR and a QB are comparable.
At this point it’s pretty clear you don’t even know what you’re arguing…

Where did I say our QB room was better. Nice strawman

I don’t think there was really any difference in 20 vs 21.

Healthy veteran 3* QB + Healthy 4* Doty + Healthy 4* Hilinski sitting on the bench that wasn't need

>

FCS Grad Assistant that had no idea he would be playing in mid August + hurt Doty + zero star FCS Catholic school QB that started almost half our games.

Bobo had the MUCH better situation, yet did nothing more than Satterfield with less talent.

Sure Mrs Satterfield, you were totally in control that night. Not hysterical at all.

You are delusional. Hilarious how you imagine that people are upset about your stupid howling monkey trolling. You are a joke. And wrong, as I've proven. It's laughable.

You are delusional. Hilarious how you imagine that people are upset about your stupid howling monkey trolling. You are a joke. And wrong, as I've proven. It's laughable.

You're absolutely right Mrs Satterfield, you are the example of calm rational posting.

Nothing to be upset about. We got Rattler. And it's even better that Satterfield was the one that got him. LOL. I LOVE IT.
Sorry to burst your Satterfield bubble, but you comment could not be further from the truth. In reality, Satterfield had nothing to do with it.

Regarding Beamer contacting Rattler when he entered the portal:

Beamer hadn’t at the time, thinking the preseason Heisman favorite had his pick of the litter when it came to schools, but Stogner’s father simply told Beamer, “you ought to talk to him.”

The Gamecocks’ head coach did—jumping on a virtual visit and a few phone calls—and Rattler committed soon after, moving his planned commitment date up from sometime around Christmas to Monday night.

“I talked to Spencer about visiting and he said he didn’t need to. He said, ‘I don’t need to. I know you and everything Stog told me about the place I don’t need to come see it.’ Stog’s that impressed with it. We continued to talk and talk,” Beamer said.

“It was pretty cool Monday night. I got a call from Stog’s dad and spencer and Spencer’s dad and Stog and Stog’s dad were all on the call and they told me they were coming. I had to step outside and scream so I didn’t scare anybody in my house.”

Lol, other than the fact our starting QB was a grad assistant or a D3 transfer?
Forgot Doty? Hill and Hilinski weren’t significantly better than Brown or Zeb. Can argue Doty injured was better then his freshman version. So there really isn’t a significant difference in QB.

Sorry to burst your Satterfield bubble, but you comment could not be further from the truth. In reality, Satterfield had nothing to do with it.

Beamer hadn’t at the time, thinking the preseason Heisman favorite had his pick of the litter when it came to schools, but Stogner’s father simply told Beamer, “you ought to talk to him.”

The Gamecocks’ head coach did—jumping on a virtual visit and a few phone calls—and Rattler committed soon after, moving his planned commitment date up from sometime around Christmas to Monday night.

“I talked to Spencer about visiting and he said he didn’t need to. He said, ‘I don’t need to. I know you and everything Stog told me about the place I don’t need to come see it.’ Stog’s that impressed with it. We continued to talk and talk,” Beamer said.

“It was pretty cool Monday night. I got a call from Stog’s dad and spencer and Spencer’s dad and Stog and Stog’s dad were all on the call and they told me they were coming. I had to step outside and scream so I didn’t scare anybody in my house.”
So the phone call with Beamer was the clincher? One honest question based on your post. If the Shane Beamer's Gamecocks ran the triple option, would Rattler and Stogner have signed with us today? The answer is no, which means a phone call with Shane did not decide decide their recruiting.

• Haha
Reactions: Lakecock1
Wrong. Bobo had the same TEs and receivers we had this year, PLUS Shi Smith, an NFL receiver that had 20 more catches than all other WRs COMBINED last year. AND Bobo had Smith AND Vann. And Muse AND Bell. He also had a healthy Kevin Harris. AND our leading rushing for this year Z White. Bobo had all the top players from this year, plus Shi Smith and a healthy Harris. We had no idea who was even going to be our top receiver this year in August.

At QB, Bobo got to bring his own that had been in his systems for years. And he had a healthy Doty to go when it went south. And he had 4* Hilinski on the bench to go to both those went down. NOT EVEN COMPARABLE. We started with a grad assistant that had no idea he would be playing three week before the season. He got hurt too and Doty came back, but wasn't ever 100%. Then we ended up with a FCS zero star Catholic school transfer, How you think we had MORE at QB this year is mind blowing.

As for your "intellectual honesty" comment about how many games we played, I clearly said the team we played in common both years. Against those 8 teams we played both years, the scoring results were identical in TDs and almost identical in points. With less talent.

You aren't ignoring what you saw. You just don't know or understand what you saw.
Vann made jump this year due to Stepp coaching. Bell and Doty were true freshman with no off season to learn the system. Same for White at RB. No Lloyd due to ACL injury. Just because the QB ran the system doesn’t mean the other 10+ guys getting in on O knew the system. Oh and don’t forget Muse coming off ACL terror and 6-9 months of no professional rehabbing due to Covid. Picking the 8 common opponents is pointless because they weren’t the same teams. What was a better Florida team 20 or 21?

So keep spinning but you’re not working in actual facts.

Forgot Doty? Hill and Hilinski weren’t significantly better than Brown or Zeb. Can argue Doty injured was better then his freshman version. So there really isn’t a significant difference in QB.
I realize you are gonna keep throwing shit to try and stick to the wall. If you think having Doty as a freshman is something to hang your on last year then I've made my point.

Wrong. Bobo's QBs were certainly higher rated than any healthy QBs this year. As was Doty.

The results on the field looked similar because Bobo stunk it up. Give him our QB and injury situation this year, and we likely win 2 games again, maybe less with Chump intervening.

Hopefully by then you’ll be willing to admit it was the OC not the players fault.
That's the fun part of waiting and seeing. I don't know if Satterfield is the answer or not no more than you do, however I'm willing to give him a shot. I'm on record as saying he should have been replaced at the end of this season by the way

Vann made jump this year due to Stepp coaching. Bell and Doty were true freshman with no off season to learn the system. Same for White at RB. No Lloyd due to ACL injury. Just because the QB ran the system doesn’t mean the other 10+ guys getting in on O knew the system. Oh and don’t forget Muse coming off ACL terror and 6-9 months of no professional rehabbing due to Covid. Picking the 8 common opponents is pointless because they weren’t the same teams. What was a better Florida team 20 or 21?

So keep spinning but you’re not working in actual facts.

None of that matters without a QB. Not sure how you don't understand that. Bobo brought his own. Satterfield worked with leftovers.

And none of them knew Satterfield's system before this year, including the QB. So that doesn't wash.

And I absolutely am working in facts. Bobo had the same players that didn't know the system that Satterfield did, plus higher rated QBs, plus a money NFL receiver, plus a healthy Kevin Harris.

Those ARE the facts.

How’s Hilinski doing at Northwestern? Still not starting? But sure, he is way better 🤦🏻‍♂️

So you would rather play with a zero star FCS Catholic school QB than a 4* who was the third best QB in the nation and the 45th overall best player?

I don't think so.

None of that matters without a QB. Not sure how you don't understand that. Bobo brought his own. Satterfield worked with leftovers.

And none of them knew Satterfield's system before this year, including the QB. So that doesn't wash.

And I absolutely am working in facts. Bobo had the same players that didn't know the system that Satterfield did, plus higher rated QBs, plus a money NFL receiver, plus a healthy Kevin Harris.

Those ARE the facts.
They all got a full offseason to learn it unlike 2020. What are you not getting?

So you would rather play with a zero star FCS Catholic school QB than a 4* who was the third best QB in the nation and the 45th overall best player?

I don't think so.
Based on how Hilinski developed vs Brown it’s arguable that Brown is currently a better QB. There’s a reason why VT is the rumored transfer spot for him.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Based on how Hilinski developed vs Brown it’s arguable that Brown is currently a better QB. There’s a reason why VT is the rumored transfer spot for him.

That's because Bobo benched him and played his guy he brought in.

Hilinski certainly looked better the year before than anything Bobo put on the field.

That's the fun part of waiting and seeing. I don't know if Satterfield is the answer or not no more than you do, however I'm willing to give him a shot. I'm on record as saying he should have been replaced at the end of this season by the way

Completely fair. If we can upgrade, I'd be all for it, even now. But I don't see that happening this year with all the coaching changes.

I was against Satt at first but got behind him and had high hopes based on the scheme he was supposedly implementing. However, the lack of overall development made me ready for a new OC.

I was against Satt at first but got behind him and had high hopes based on the scheme he was supposedly implementing. However, the lack of overall development made me ready for a new OC.
Lack of player development? He won as many SEC games with a zero star FCS Catholic school QB that nobody wanted than Bobo did with his own 3* QB that he brought with him that had been in his system for years. And he won more games with a Doty that wasn't 100% than Bobo won with a healthy Doty.

All that with nobody having any idea who our goto receiver was going to be week 1. And a clipboard QB starting week one.

Laughable.

Reactions: WingchunCock

When I heard this earlier it blew my mind that Beamer didn’t at least call without being prompted by Stogner’s dad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT