ADVERTISEMENT

So Satterfield is the reason we got Spencer Rattler...

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 28, 2021
LOL at the Satterfield haters. The OC you wanted to fire landed us the highest rated QB to ever walk on campus.

THIS is why you give coaches the chance to get their players in and succeed instead of expecting them to turn a dumpster fire they inherited around in an unreasonable amount of time.

LOL at the Satterfield haters. The OC you wanted to fire landed us the highest rated QB to ever walk on campus.

THIS is why you give coaches the chance to get their players in and succeed instead of expecting them to turn a dumpster fire they inherited around in an unreasonable amount of time.

If you look at the Panthers, you can see Satterfield and the last guy Joe isn't the problem with the offensive issues, and they just added a QB Diva...

So this is a nice post, for those who may be dubious (such as myself)that this was the main/only reason as you claim I'm sure you would not mind supplying a credible resource/link to verify your statement. Then you will have the satisfaction of proving that what you posted is true beyond any doubts.

So this is a nice post, for those who may be dubious (such as myself)that this was the main/only reason as you claim I'm sure you would not mind supplying a credible resource/link to verify your statement. Then you will have the satisfaction of proving that what you posted is true beyond any doubts.
It’s latching onto comments made by Rattler’s personal QB coach. Rattler himself hasn’t made any comments.

I'm one that has been upfront that IMO Satterfield needs to go. I'm basing it on what I saw this past season, and also his past track record which is there for all to see. He's never been successful. Can or will he turn out to be successful? That's Beamer's call, and I'll support him whatever he decides. IMO it's a big time gamble keeping him, but he has so much more on the line than I do. We'll see what happens, good or bad.

They must be lies, then.
The guy likes to talk. Rattler himself hasn’t made any comments and Giovando does a lot of “we” talking about things. He previously “we” talked about Rattler going ahead and entering the draft as well so he likes being the “spokesman” but that doesn’t always mean it’s everyone’s opinion or take. It also doesn’t mean it isn’t but it also doesn’t change that Rattler himself hasn’t made any comments to this effect.

It’s just as likely that Rattler has a connection with Beamer, looked at the roster and realized he was pretty much a lock to get the exposure that comes from being in the SEC but how would that sound to say about your future teammates?

Ah, that sounds about par for the course.

But warrior is right, this just more of an attempt to drum up drama.

His personal QB coach for 10 years said Rattler was interested in the offense that Satterfield is running.

The only thing par for the course is that you are wrong, again. As usual.

The guy likes to talk. Rattler himself hasn’t made any comments and Giovando does a lot of “we” talking about things. He previously “we” talked about Rattler going ahead and entering the draft as well so he likes being the “spokesman” but that doesn’t always mean it’s everyone’s opinion or take. It also doesn’t mean it isn’t but it also doesn’t change that Rattler himself hasn’t made any comments to this effect.

It’s just as likely that Rattler has a connection with Beamer, looked at the roster and realized he was pretty much a lock to get the exposure that comes from being in the SEC but how would that sound to say about your future teammates?

Wrong. But keep telling yourself that.

You are just mad because you look stupid now with your rush to judgement.

Yeah, and that's an obvious connection, but the only reason you have to doubt the claim is that you don't like Satterfield, do you think Rattler didn't consider leaving for the NFL?

Wrong. But keep telling yourself that.

You are just mad because you look stupid now with your rush to judgement.
What were these other “better” options? What other schools is Beamer coaching? Did Rattler make any of these comments?

What rush to judgement? Was Satterfield’s offense not one of the worst in the country last year? Has Satterfield not had responsibilities taken from him, been a flop, only received opportunities from one other guy who keeps putting him in lower positions? What of that is incorrect?

I agree, but gloating just makes you seem immature and petty.

Granting the flimsy premise this is built on. Pretty sure letting recruits pick the OC vs results on the field is a poor foundation to build your offensive program on. Either way, I am going to guess the relationship with Beamer, not Satt's O, was more likely why the former OU players looked at and came to USC.
B-I-N-G-O !!!!!!

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Although the decision made sense for a lot of reasons, reuniting with former Sooners assistant head coach Shane Beamer made sense. However, according to his long-time quarterback trainer, Rattler’s decision was largely because of a different member on the Gamecocks staff.

Offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield was a big factor.​

Seems clear to me. Why would the guy have any reason to lie or not know the reasons?

Granting the flimsy premise this is built on. Pretty sure letting recruits pick the OC vs results on the field is a poor foundation to build your offensive program on. Either way, I am going to guess the relationship with Beamer, not Satt's O, was more likely why the former OU players looked at and came to USC.

Who said anything about a recruit picking the OC? Or did you just pull that out of your ass?

And you can guess what you want. His QB coach for 10 years knows better than you. But it's ok to be wrong, as long as you are good with it.

Last edited:
I agree, but gloating just makes you seem immature and petty.

I've had to see a ton of petty and immature stupid comments from a few of these clowns when it comes to Beamer and Satterfield.

These clowns deserve every bit of the ridicule directed at them. Maybe they will learn to treat our coaches fairly and give them a chance instead of rushing to judgement and bashing them incessantly.

Who said anything about a recruit picking the OC? Or did you just pull that out of your ass?

And you can guess what you want. His QB coach for 10 years knows better than you. But it's ok to be wrong, as long as you are good with it.

Your argument is keeping Satt is why we got this QB. 1) that is a complete stretch based on hearsay from a QB coach. 2) keeping Satt to get Rattler is a poor way to run a program. 3) You ignore the connection the QB coach mentions before Satt's O. If there wasn't the connection from OU there is no reason for him to ever look at us. So again, Satt isn't why we got him nor should be why we keep Satt. No matter who the OC was, they would obviously say the OC was important to the decision.

The O, no matter who the QB is, isn't going to suddenly work based on anything we saw this year. It wasn't like we had WR's running wide open but the QB wasn't able to get them the ball. You can celebrate keeping a pathetic OC since you think it got us a QB recruit, but I will actually have expectations for the OC and not be ok with being ranked one of the worst offenses in the nation.

All of Beamer's momentum and work will be worthless if we keep this OC.

I've had to see a ton of petty and immature stupid comments from a few of these clowns when it comes to Beamer and Satterfield.

These clowns deserve every bit of the ridicule directed at them. Maybe they will learn to treat our coaches fairly and give them a chance instead of rushing to judgement and bashing them incessantly.
Yeah, totally. Petty and immature is*your* thing.

See: this thread.

Although the decision made sense for a lot of reasons, reuniting with former Sooners assistant head coach Shane Beamer made sense. However, according to his long-time quarterback trainer, Rattler’s decision was largely because of a different member on the Gamecocks staff.

Offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield was a big factor.​

Seems clear to me. Why would the guy have any reason to lie or not know the reasons?

To help take the pressure off Beamer for not replacing Satterfield.

Yeah, totally. Petty and immature is*your* thing.

See: this thread.

My thing is being right. It's not petty or immature. It's the way it should be. All along, I've said that we need to be fair to these coaches because they inherited a dumpster fire that only got worse with injuries. Satterfield may or may not work out, but he deserves a better opportunity than he has been given. Beamer wasn't even my first choice for head coach, but I'm going to support him and be fair to him. So far, I'm very pleased.

But the bottom line is when someone delights in playing the turd in the punch bowl, they lose the right to complain when someone calls them a turd.

To help take the pressure off Beamer for not replacing Satterfield.

What pressure? Other than a few howling monkeys on a message board, I don't see anybody calling for Satterfield's replacement. Most people have common football sense and understand the train wreck that Beamer and staff inherited.

dn28380-1_1200.gif

My thing is being right. It's not petty or immature. It's the way it should be. All along, I've said that we need to be fair to these coaches because they inherited a dumpster fire that only got worse with injuries. Satterfield may or may not work out, but he deserves a better opportunity than he has been given. Beamer wasn't even my first choice for head coach, but I'm going to support him and be fair to him. So far, I'm very pleased.

But the bottom line is when someone delights in playing the turd in the punch bowl, they lose the right to complain when someone calls them a turd.
Having to be "right" is pretty much the definition of petty and immature.

Besides, plenty of good players decided to play for Muschamp. That didn't make him a good coach. We'll see how Satterfield does next year. He'll get one more shot.

What pressure? Other than a few howling monkeys on a message board, I don't see anybody calling for Satterfield's replacement. Most people have common football sense and understand the train wreck that Beamer and staff inherited.

dn28380-1_1200.gif
We get it, as a Clemson fan, you're going to be ecstatic when our offense continues to underperform next year.

In the article I found...I love the quote in bold. I guess they're right. He's trying to formation and do the normal copycat stuff most offensive coaches do .....but if you're doing it and having trouble with Vandy, Troy, ECU....abandon it. I have been commenting on here that his offense appears to be a mish-mash of a few offense's plays.....all put together that have no cohesion. First part of the article indicates that is pretty much what is happening.

"Instead, Satterfield’s offense is uniquely his own. It combines a lot of what the Packers are doing with Aaron Rodgers, Devante Adams and Aaron Jones, some of LSU did in 2019, a hint what P.J. Walker did at Temple in 2015 and touch of what the Panthers did in 2020. He also sprinkles in a little bit of what Oklahoma did under Lincoln Riley."
"Regardless of what it looks like or what you want to call it, Satterfield’s scheme is very NFL-esque and allows a quarterback to dictate a lot of what happens on the field. "

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT