ADVERTISEMENT

So we go to the Final Four last year and ...

Chopper007

Jan 20, 2013
I can't remember when Clemsin went to the NCAA tournament last and they are predicting Zion to sign with them.... Come On Man!!!!!!

UPC has slipped past us in men's basketball. Last year's Final Four is being squandered. Zion would be a major coup for them. It would also reinforce the perception that Frank is a substandard recruiter. We are in a bad place at the present time. I trust Frank's coaching, but if this were poker, his hand wouldn't take the pot - any pot. A pair of deuces at most.

UPC has slipped past us in men's basketball. Last year's Final Four is being squandered. Zion would be a major coup for them. It would also reinforce the perception that Frank is a substandard recruiter. We are in a bad place at the present time. I trust Frank's coaching, but if this were poker, his hand wouldn't take the pot - any pot. A pair of deuces at most.

Is there a saving grace for this season? I don't think its gone/lost cause, but I am beginning to feel we are on the verge of it falling into a ditch.

Is there a saving grace for this season? I don't think its gone/lost cause, but I am beginning to feel we are on the verge of it falling into a ditch.
I hope we can see marked improvement once the point guard gets back, but we look so..........average. Missouri doesn't even have that kid, Michael Porter, Jr.,who was thought to be one-and-done before he hurt his back. Yet they handled us with relative ease. Who knows what horrors lie ahead?

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
What is the P in UPC? I'm assuming that it is University xxx Clemson where xxx is a p word. Thanks

Our shoe company is UA worth 7 Billion they use Nike worth 104 Billion.

Zion was going to go to Kansas with Addidas money, i guess Nike is paying up

Reactions: woodruffcock
I'm just wondering if Zion would be a positive effect on the program. As we all saw last year when SC played as a team, like in the NCAA Tourny, they were hard to beat. With a player like Zion how difficult will it be to get him to play as a team and not focused primarily on himself and and worried about the NBA. We all know that he is a one and done player. Don't get me wrong, would love to see him in a SC uni but don't know if it would translate into automatic 25 win season. It will be interesting to see where he goes. If it's anywhere other then NC, KY, or Kansas then I will be shocked.

What is the P in UPC? I'm assuming that it is University xxx Clemson where xxx is a p word. Thanks
University of Pickens County. It goes back to a dispute I had in '98 on the old AST board with a poster calling himself "A Tiger With Class", who pushed the saying that "Clemson IS the University of South Carolina." I refuted that and advanced the alternative moniker for Clemson: "University of Pickens County", later shortened to UPC. That's All I ever call them.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
This current program needs a lot more help than any one and done can give them. I do think talent is a huge problem but to be honest, they need several really good players not just one

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Please send us some Guards, or at least a PG.......
I can't realistically consider Zion as the solution or what/where he would be in the mix. I totally wish him well and hope he ends up being a good person regardless of how long he is in college. I'm sure he has been to one of our practices so it would basically be if he is OK being coached in the manner Frank coaches.

Please send us some Guards, or at least a PG.......
I can't realistically consider Zion as the solution or what/where he would be in the mix. I totally wish him well and hope he ends up being a good person regardless of how long he is in college. I'm sure he has been to one of our practices so it would basically be if he is OK being coached in the manner Frank coaches.
Part of a solution is better than none. And talent attracts talent sometimes. How many scholarships have we got to give in the spring?

Top players dont want to get screamed at and jerked out of the game for making 1 mistake .

This is sort my concern of why a player like Zion (whether a 1 & done, or multi year player) would give less consideration to USC as a realistic choice. I don't think we know Zion's feeling on it, but you may be more correct than we will ever know on this.

That athletic department has a tried & true method of getting top players when they really want them.

The big recruiting secret is to go back in time to the 70s and offer his stepfather, the guy who raised him, a basketball scholarship and treat him well. Then there’s a chance he grows up a fan and might play for you.

Clemson is treading water. Transfers are not a permanent solution to poor HS recruiting. At least he hasn’t resorted to JUCOs, but that’s only because the school won’t let him and there have been decent guys wanting to transfer from vandy, tamu, and rmu.

I'm just wondering if Zion would be a positive effect on the program. As we all saw last year when SC played as a team, like in the NCAA Tourny, they were hard to beat. With a player like Zion how difficult will it be to get him to play as a team and not focused primarily on himself and and worried about the NBA. We all know that he is a one and done player. Don't get me wrong, would love to see him in a SC uni but don't know if it would translate into automatic 25 win season. It will be interesting to see where he goes. If it's anywhere other then NC, KY, or Kansas then I will be shocked.
You are already seeing something bad about Zion coming here?

Clemson is treading water. Transfers are not a permanent solution to poor HS recruiting. At least he hasn’t resorted to JUCOs, but that’s only because the school won’t let him and there have been decent guys wanting to transfer from vandy, tamu, and rmu.
They won't be treading water much longer - and I do believe that, through whatever means, they have inched forward a little bit. No, you have to do more than get transfers. I'm comparing them more to us than to the teams at the top of the ACC. Zion might not be there long, but he might make it OK to go there for some other better prospects.

You are already seeing something bad about Zion coming here?

I don't see anything bad...but I don't see a huge success from one person either. The reason why the Kentucky's of the world are successful is that they have 3 or 4 five star players. Don't get me wrong, would love to see him here but not holding my breath either. And I bet Frank not holding his breath either.

Missing some quality guards and forwards that can knock down threes and make moves to the basket. There has got to be some shooters out there that are not one and doners.

We've had injuries, PJ leaving (big mistake), assistants that left , and bad recruiting the last two years. It is what it is. I just hope we can pick up some players and regroup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT