ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody please explain why Greenville is considered "neutral" game site?

You're doing some pretty good spinning, yourself. An open practice is not the same as playing every home game..a real game...against other teams, on your own field. And do you think clemsux would let us hold our Fan Fest in their stadium?? Haha.

Is Spirit Park a 45 minute drive from Columbia?

I'm sure clemsux hates their "home field advantage" at The Drive's stadium. They've only won once and the other team has more fans. Haha. I'll take it.
Only way to watch the game today is on clemson.com lol

Some people are just in denial.

8 out of 9 "neutral site" baseball games with Clemson have been played in Clemson's back yard since 2010. One was played at Joe Riley in Charleston. I don't even remember what happened in 2011 because we played one in Clemson and two in Greenville??? I thought the neutral site game was supposed to be moved around the state.
Have you seen the number of fans? It's 50:50, and an hour away for us and a half-hour for them in a great ballpark. Couldn't be a better set-up unless Greenville moves to Newberry:)

It's funny because I'm at the game and it is 50/50. clemsux does not have more fans. They will tomorrow at their home field, in clemsux, though.
LOL The game is on the internet EVERYONE can see. Just admit you care more about the game being in your town than gamecock winning.

Stop crying
YOU HAVENT SEEN NOTHING YET!

Wait to the bids start again. I going to post EVERYDAY to email the AD to not let this happen any more.

It INSANE GAMECOCK fan SUPPORT THIS NONSENSE!

Game on Clemson website and in charleston only clemson RADIO! WTF

Just admit you care more about the travel then you do about gamecock being at a disadvantages?

LOL The game is on the internet EVERYONE can see. Just admit you care more about the game being in your town than gamecock winning.
You're more concerned because it's not in your back yard and trying to make Greenville and clemsux the same city. It's a 45 minute drive. Again, I'm here. There aren't more clemsux fans. You can pick whatever internet camera angle to try & justify your point. But you're wrong.

Last edited:
You're more concerned because it's not in your back yard and making Greenville and clemsux the same city. It's a 45 minute drive. Again, I'm here. There aren't more clemsux fans. You can pick whatever camera angle to try & justify your point. But you're wrong.
I dont care where the game is, as long its not back in greenville.

Clemson baseball team does not sell out a 8000+ seat field. Any netraul field should be 75% gamecock fans. ONLY reason its not is because its in greenville. In charleston it was 75% gamecocks fans.

I love to have the game in cola, charleston or MB. Anywhere but clemson HOME MARKET!

If you defend this you are part of the problem. It not the fact teh game is play there, the problem it played there EVERY YEAR! My god this is insane GAMECOCK "fans" are defending this.

I don;t care what the original intent was, I hate the entire format. Before we played 5 games a season and now it's 3. They should go back to a rotating 3 game series and playing 2 mid-week games. If they wanna play games at a neutral site do it on a weekday game...and not at the same park every year!

Reactions: CQCKnFIRE
From what I could hear, it sounded like a Tater home game. I guess it was probably, because they were kicking our AZZ. Hope you enjoyed that Batgirl! I know I didn't. I can understand why the Taters like the "neutral" game up there. Gamecocks outnumber Taters, if it's in any other venue.

Reactions: CQCKnFIRE
It's funny because I'm at the game and it is 50/50. clemsux does not have more fans. They will tomorrow at their home field, in clemsux, though.
It was pretty close to 50:50, and this "away venue" has never affected us before IMO. Yes, if we went to Chlst., MB, or Cola, it would obviously be heavier fanbase for us. This is about as close as it can be (seriously, it takes our guys maybe a half-hour longer than it does their guys. And tickets are split evenly and that showed in the stands. They were probably a little louder because of the fact they shut us down, and not to mention they haven't shut up about football yet....
A win would've made this a moot point.

I don;t care what the original intent was, I hate the entire format. Before we played 5 games a season and now it's 3. They should go back to a rotating 3 game series and playing 2 mid-week games. If they wanna play games at a neutral site do it on a weekday game...and not at the same park every year!

Actually, we played four games a season. Saturday & Sunday early in the season (one game in Columbia, and the other in Clemson), and then two midweek games - one in each location - later in the season.

I recall that a major reason for the current format is so that it would eliminate the possibility of a series tie.

Reactions: IrmeseTiger
I dont care where the game is, as long its not back in greenville.

Clemson baseball team does not sell out a 8000+ seat field. Any netraul field should be 75% gamecock fans. ONLY reason its not is because its in greenville. In charleston it was 75% gamecocks fans.

I love to have the game in cola, charleston or MB. Anywhere but clemson HOME MARKET!

If you defend this you are part of the problem. It not the fact teh game is play there, the problem it played there EVERY YEAR! My god this is insane GAMECOCK "fans" are defending this.
So unless Carolina is 75% on a neutral site, then you don't like it? Why not wish for 100%? The tickets are evenly split. That's kinda the purpose of a neutral site.

I'm not part of any problem, but to say a game should NEVER be played at Flour Field is just stupid. It's a great ballpark and city.

It's a good idea to rotate the neutral site, I'm all for that. But for whatever reason, the deal was agreed to be played in Greenville. I wont go to a game in clemsux, so of course I'll take advantage if it's played in my backyard. You'd do the same.

I was there. It was pretty much 50-50.

This. Greenville's a pretty good size place - it's not Columbia or clemson ... no excuses and no whining. Greenville's stadium is a beautiful venue, a great place to play baseball, a place where it's 90-feet between the bases and 60'6" from the rubber to home plate. Play ball!!! No excuses.

Last edited:
This. Greenville's a pretty good size place - it's not Columbia or clemson ... no excuses and no whining. Greenville's stadium is a beautiful venue, a great place to play baseball, a place where it's 90-feet between the bases and 60'6"" from the rubber to home plate. Play ball!!! No excuses.
They even played Sandstorm. Wish they'd had a reason to play it a lot more!

Reactions: SportsSuites1
So unless Carolina is 75% on a neutral site, then you don't like it? Why not wish for 100%? The tickets are evenly split. That's kinda the purpose of a neutral site.

I'm not part of any problem, but to say a game should NEVER be played at Flour Field is just stupid. It's a great ballpark and city.

It's a good idea to rotate the neutral site, I'm all for that. But for whatever reason, the deal was agreed to be played in Greenville. I wont go to a game in clemsux, so of course I'll take advantage if it's played in my backyard. You'd do the same.

Why wouldn't you go to a game at Doug Kingsmore and support the Yardbirds? It's a two-hour drive at most from my home in Atlanta. Wish I could go today, but I have other obligations. :(

Why wouldn't you go to a game at Doug Kingsmore and support the Yardbirds? It's a two-hour drive at most from my home in Atlanta. Wish I could go today, but I have other obligations. :(
The clemsux redneck fans suck. Too much tigger paws and urange & purple in pickens county for me.

I went to the game yesterday. I'll support them from home today. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT