ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody please explain why Greenville is considered "neutral" game site?

Tailgatecock....You're hilarious! Greenville doesn't rule over anybody, much less Charleston. The whole state really has an inferiority complex, when it comes to Charleston. Seventy-five percent of the history of this state occurred in Charleston. Number one tourist destination in North America, four years in a row. Number three food city in the country. People really would laugh at you, if you claimed that Greenville competes.
Never said Greenville rules!!! Can your little pee brain read boy? So ignorant!

yawn. Come on children. Lets talk about the facts here and stop the personal attacks.

Come by and see us Saturday. Birthday festivities will ensue. We're leaving the house at 630. Meeting the group at Chapin shortly thereafter. Should be up there 830ish at the latest.
So 2 hours from greenville?

Guess you dont live in charleston! Shocked to hear this!!!!! LOL

Last edited:
What stupid post?

Where i google the distance between cities? That what you seem to melting down about now.
Read my posts! Good God. I just made the trip and it was 45 minutes and your response was something about your damn grandma. Grow up!

Read my posts! Good God. I just made the trip and it was 45 minutes and your response was something about your damn grandma. Grow up!
LOL im not making this stuff up old man. Just because it take you longer to do something doesnt change the facts here.

clemson to greenville
37 min (29.6 mi) via US-123 N and US-123 N
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cle...1!1s0x88578f6662fa1105:0xd8aa9d77bf257696!3e0

carolina to greenville
1 h 38 min (104 miles) via I-26 W and I-385 N
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gam...77bf257696!2m2!1d-82.3940104!2d34.8526176!3e0

LOL im not making this stuff up old man. Just because it take you longer to do something doesnt change the facts here.

clemson to greenville
37 min (29.6 mi) via US-123 N and US-123 N
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cle...1!1s0x88578f6662fa1105:0xd8aa9d77bf257696!3e0

carolina to greenville
1 h 38 min (104 miles) via I-26 W and I-385 N
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gam...77bf257696!2m2!1d-82.3940104!2d34.8526176!3e0
God almighty you are one strange dude. Google your crap all you want. I went to dung Valley. 45 minute trip per my app. Been to WB to many times. 1hr 20 min no bad traffic. Argue your Google numbers all you want. Make the trips yourself and then you will look even more foolish than you already are. Don't respond to any more of my posts or I will email the mods. Get lost!!!!

God almighty you are one strange dude. Google your crap all you want. I went to dung Valley. 45 minute trip per my app. Been to WB to many times. 1hr 20 min no bad traffic. Argue your Google numbers all you want. Make the trips yourself and then you will look even more foolish than you already are. Don't respond to any more of my posts or I will email the mods. Get lost!!!!
Dont tell me what to do. You done nothing but personal attacks.

Yeah i guess google wrong here!!!! LOL

If you cant stand the heat GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!

Just to review: the reasons people put out there why the game was in greeenville EVERY year.

It has the biggest stadium: FALSE it the smallest that put out bids for the game.
It had the highest BID: FALSE it had the lowest bid.
It is a "neutral" site: FALSE the city was used to host Clemson men basketball home games just this year. And has hosted clemson home games in the past.
Its about the same travel for the schools: FALSE its 30 miles from clemson and over 100 miles from carolina.

Last edited:
Oh brother.....This is a waste of time. Every time I mention something, Batgirl starts to talk about her experience. Here's a little tip.....All of the Gamecock and Tater fans don't live between Columbia and Pickens County. What you're trying to tell me is....Clemson University and the University of South Carolina don't really care about their fans on the coast. If we want to see the rivalry, we need to get in our car and drive for hours....just the way it is? Like I said....what a bunch of asshats.
Good lord!

Reactions: IrmeseTiger
Neutral game should be in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Rock Hill, and then maybe Greenville. Shame on us for not insisting this is not moved around.
I've never felt Greenville was home field for Clem. Have you ever been to the game? Doubt it. Upstate is freaking loaded with Gamecocks and the baseball game is usually 50% Gamecock fans. Stop the stupid comments unless you've actually been to a game.

Reactions: atl-cock
Just to review: the reasons people put out there why the game was in greeenville EVERY year.

It has the biggest stadium: FALSE it the smallest that put out bids for the game.
It had the highest BID: FALSE it had the lowest bid.
It is a "neutral" site: FALSE the city was used to host Clemson men basketball home games just this year. And has hosted clemson home games in the past.
Its about the same travel for the schools: FALSE its 30 miles from clemson and over 100 miles from carolina.

Nobody said anything about stadium capacity.
Nobody said anything about bid $$$.
It is a neutral site. It's apparently tough for you, but please do not confuse a basketball arena with a baseball diamond operated by different organizations.
Of course Greenville is closer to Clemson than it is to Columbia (at least I think you meant Columbia when you stated "Carolina"). Where did you come up with that addle-brained piece of geography?

If the USC athletic department felt that playing in Fluor Field would compromise the neutrality, they'd have pulled out of the deal.

Yes, the initial idea was to rotate the game around the state, and I can appreciate the significance of doing so. I might suggest that if you would truly like to see the game move around (and not just complain) that you contact the Riverdogs and Pelicans front offices expressing your interest and support. Suggest they send representatives to Greenville though 2018 to see what's appealing so that they can make better bids for 2019 and beyond.

atl-cock....Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? It's not about a BID. It's obvious that Greenville got the game, after offering the lowest bid. How are the other cities going to improve on their bid, when they already had a better bid? Another thing...The Riverdogs don't own Riley Park, the City of Charleston does. My guess is the Pelicans don't own that stadium in MB either. Minor league teams won't be involved in any future bids. This is about the fans in other areas of the state, getting an opportunity to see the rivalry up close. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand. I can see why the Taters say we have some mental midgets in this forum. You can't fix stupid....so you people are doomed.

yawn. Come on children. Lets talk about the facts here and stop the personal attacks.

So 2 hours from greenville?

Guess you dont live in charleston! Shocked to hear this!!!!! LOL

Because it's not possible that I'm driving up for tonight's game, and staying in Columbia before driving to Greenville tomorrow. SMH. See...it can be done even if you live on the coast, if it's important enough to you.

Again...enjoy your Saturday at home.

Greenville is not a vacation destination. It is not supposed to be. But it's a heck of a better place to live for me. My daughter's family loves Charleston and they are sailers. I prefer the mountains but enjoy both. I can live anywhere I like and prefer the Greenville area. The only thing I really miss are those Palmetto Bugs. Damn I wish we had a few million of those.

Actually, it is in fact a tourist destination. Most Greenville tourists, unlike the primarly Charleston allure which is historical or culinary, is due to the exceptional job Greenville does in promoting festivals and events.

For instance, last month Greenville hosted a major cycling road race:
GREENVILLE SPRING SERIES

This Saturday, it is the Reedy River Rivalry. The Drive is promoting the event as a family fun place to be. The stadium, as I said above is modeled in the exact dimensions of Fenway, is a must visit if you love minor league baseball.

RRR_Tailgate_Party_lmfjm2aq_spai258y.jpg

Clearly, other factors were at play in Greenville winning the bid against Charleston and MB. The fan experience offered and the lower cost of travel by Clemson were also factors. I don't think it was a foregone conclusion as the Sapakoff piece suggests. He is just bitter. It was a combination of reasons, including the fact that Greenville is actually a very nice place to visit. No reason for Charleston folks to be envious.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
d
Come by and see us Saturday. Birthday festivities will ensue. We're leaving the house at 630. Meeting the group at Chapin shortly thereafter. Should be up there 830ish at the latest.
did u say cake:) we hope to be gathered @ macs by 11- 11-30, hope to catch u.........in case I miss u outside where u sittin' ?

Actually, it is in fact a tourist destination. Most Greenville tourists, unlike the primarly Charleston allure which is historical or culinary, is due to the exceptional job Greenville does in promoting festivals and events.

For instance, last month Greenville hosted a major cycling road race:
GREENVILLE SPRING SERIES

This Saturday, it is the Reedy River Rivalry. The Drive is promoting the event as a family fun place to be. The stadium, as I said above is modeled in the exact dimensions of Fenway, is a must visit if you love minor league baseball.

RRR_Tailgate_Party_lmfjm2aq_spai258y.jpg

Clearly, other factors were at play in Greenville winning the bid against Charleston and MB. The fan experience offered and the lower cost of travel by Clemson were also factors. I don't think it was a foregone conclusion as the Sapakoff piece suggests. He is just bitter. It was a combination of reasons, including the fact that Greenville is actually a very nice place to visit. No reason for Charleston folks to be envious.

Becoming a tourist Mecca is an unintended consequence of what Greenville set out to or has become. I see it lots of places, downtown areas accross the southeast and beyond are refurbishing and reworking. The successful projects create a place to live over a place to visit. Raleigh refurbed it's downtown but nobody lives there so it is nothing like Greenville. I could site many others but creating a cool place to live has made Greenville what it is. Just completing what is currently under construction will double the population. Think about that, double the downtown population!

Last edited:
Because it's not possible that I'm driving up for tonight's game, and staying in Columbia before driving to Greenville tomorrow. SMH. See...it can be done even if you live on the coast, if it's important enough to you.

Again...enjoy your Saturday at home.
Lol you said leaving the HOUSE at 630am. You got busted.

Like I said, you are nothing but a smart a$$ and troll. It takes 40 to 45 minutes to Clem depending on where you go. I've got my most recent trip history saved. Grow up boy and stop the stupid trolling.
Those 29 miles aren't interstate miles, either. It takes 45 minutes to drive from Greenville to clemsux....unless you're traveling from Easley.

The OP wanted to know why Greenville is considered a neutral site. As mentioned, Carilina fans usually outnumber the clemsux fans. Plus, Carolina has equal seating. It's not like the Carolina fans are stuck with the leftover tickets (like it would be at clemsux). Just another thought.

Another thing, thank God Greenville is not in Pickens county!

Lol you said leaving the HOUSE at 630am. You got busted.
Nice try. But not busted at all. My PARENTS' house. I live and work West Ashley in Charleston.
I grew up in Columbia and my parents still live there. I stay with them when I go to games, and CofE knows this and would understand what I mean. I go to games with my father. We have season tickets in Sec 4.

Last edited:
atl-cock....Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? It's not about a BID. It's obvious that Greenville got the game, after offering the lowest bid. How are the other cities going to improve on their bid, when they already had a better bid? Another thing...The Riverdogs don't own Riley Park, the City of Charleston does. My guess is the Pelicans don't own that stadium in MB either. Minor league teams won't be involved in any future bids. This is about the fans in other areas of the state, getting an opportunity to see the rivalry up close. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand. I can see why the Taters say we have some mental midgets in this forum. You can't fix stupid....so you people are doomed.

Stupid? Hardly. More like unforseen results.

Apparently, the other cities did not have a better bid, else the game would be played more often in cities not named Greenville. There's more to the bid than $$$. If fans report a better game experience in Greenville rather than Charleston, and the schools feel that Greenville treated the schools better than Charleston, the schools will play it in Greenville.

Regardless of who in each city is responsible for submitting bids and administering the game, be it the minor league team or the entity which owns the stadium, they would do well to attend the games in Fluor to see why the schools accepted Greenville's bid (Hint: it has little to do with Clemron's proximity to Greenville).

Again, while the initial plan was to rotate this game around the state, apparently Greenville has done such a good job of promoting the game and creating such an enjoyable environment that the schools may have very well rethought the initial plans. Greenville upped the ante such that other cities will have to put up more than just $$$.

In principle, you are right; ideally, the game should rotate statewide. Due to the aforementioned "unforseen results", it has not.

That's as clear as I can make it.

Okay, here is another reason why USC prefers Greenville, travel. So you are in Columbia on Friday night, after the game (do not know this for sure) you travel to Greenville to spend the night. Play the afternoon game and go back to your hotel, and travel to Clemson the next morning to play the last game of the series. Now for example, you play in Charleston instead of Greenville. So where is the first game played (needs to be in Clemson or Charleston)? So say in Clemson, USC travels up to Clemson on Friday, plays the game, travel home after the game. Play in Columbia on Saturday afternoon, then travel to Charleston after the game. Play in Charleston on Sunday afternoon, then travel back to Columbia.

So players bus rides are as follows:

Play in Greenville - 4.5 hours
Play in Charleston - 8.5 hours

If you play elsewhere, you need to play during the week. Only have the 2 games on the weekend.

Okay, here is another reason why USC prefers Greenville, travel. So you are in Columbia on Friday night, after the game (do not know this for sure) you travel to Greenville to spend the night. Play the afternoon game and go back to your hotel, and travel to Clemson the next morning to play the last game of the series. Now for example, you play in Charleston instead of Greenville. So where is the first game played (needs to be in Clemson or Charleston)? So say in Clemson, USC travels up to Clemson on Friday, plays the game, travel home after the game. Play in Columbia on Saturday afternoon, then travel to Charleston after the game. Play in Charleston on Sunday afternoon, then travel back to Columbia.

If you play elsewhere, you need to play during the week. Only have the 2 games on the weekend.

I think we can give this argument up. Those two are so stuck up about Charleston that they cannot get it. I love Charleston. I love Greenville. Its blatantly obvious the game is better off in Greenville. No one here suggests it shouldn't move around, but until somewhere can pull it off the way Greenville does, it ain't happening. Again, I hope Myrtle Beach can in the future, as it would be a good time as well. Until then, see all of the guys and gals with open minds in Greenville this weekend. It'll be a fun game as always!

I think we can give this argument up. Those two are so stuck up about Charleston that they cannot get it. I love Charleston. I love Greenville. Its blatantly obvious the game is better off in Greenville. No one here suggests it shouldn't move around, but until somewhere can pull it off the way Greenville does, it ain't happening. Again, I hope Myrtle Beach can in the future, as it would be a good time as well. Until then, see all of the guys and gals with open minds in Greenville this weekend. It'll be a fun game as always!

Well put.

It should be as follows:
Even Year: Carolina, Greenville, Clemson
Odd Year: Clemson, Charleston, Columbia

The only time it wasnt in greenville it was a friday night game in charleston. No one ever had the saturday game beside greenville. Even then you have a huge parking lot where people tail gated in charleston on friday.

That friday night game in charleston was the best game in the series in many, many years.

that not correct the team doesnt stay in hotels. They travel back.

That the reason clemson was crying about the game in charleston because they did have to stay in hotels.

Nobody said anything about stadium capacity.
Nobody said anything about bid $$$.
It is a neutral site. It's apparently tough for you, but please do not confuse a basketball arena with a baseball diamond operated by different organizations.
Of course Greenville is closer to Clemson than it is to Columbia (at least I think you meant Columbia when you stated "Carolina"). Where did you come up with that addle-brained piece of geography?

If the USC athletic department felt that playing in Fluor Field would compromise the neutrality, they'd have pulled out of the deal.

Yes, the initial idea was to rotate the game around the state, and I can appreciate the significance of doing so. I might suggest that if you would truly like to see the game move around (and not just complain) that you contact the Riverdogs and Pelicans front offices expressing your interest and support. Suggest they send representatives to Greenville though 2018 to see what's appealing so that they can make better bids for 2019 and beyond.
Poeple in this thread said just that. Go back and look.

We could play the game in clemson and if they offer the ticket sales the way they do in greenville we would have more fans. Doesnt change the fact its not a neutral site.

The game is in greenville for one reason only. Jack didnt want to go anywhere else.

That why it won with the lowest bid and the smallest stadium.

This same thread get posted every year and it always go the same way.

Last edited:
The only time it wasnt in greenville it was a friday night game in charleston. No one ever had the saturday game beside greenville. Even then you have a huge parking lot where people tail gated in charleston on friday.

That friday night game in charleston was the best game in the series in many, many years.

That the reason clemson was crying about the game in charleston because they did have to stay in hotels.

We could play the game in clemson and if they offer the ticket sales the way they do in greenville we would have more fans. Doesnt change the fact its not a neutral site.

The game is in greenville for one reason only. Jack didnt want to go anywhere else.

Greenville is a neutral site. If it were a home field advantage for clemsux, the Carolina fans would be sitting on the lawn and only have access to the worst seats. Plus, we'd be heavily outnumbered. Neither is true.

If clemsux played all of their home games at Flour Field, then it wouldn't be considered a neutral site. The only urange & purple and tigger paws are worn by the clemsux fans, not on the field or seats or plastered all over the stadium. They don't control the music or the the PA system.

As for jackleg, I don't think he had that much power. He was a crybaby, but Tanner stood up to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: atl-cock

Correct. It does go the same way every year. People make reasoned, logical comments, and then someone like yourself makes wacko comments which have no basis in reality.

Those 29 miles aren't interstate miles, either. It takes 45 minutes to drive from Greenville to clemsux....unless you're traveling from Easley.

The OP wanted to know why Greenville is considered a neutral site. As mentioned, Carilina fans usually outnumber the clemsux fans. Plus, Carolina has equal seating. It's not like the Carolina fans are stuck with the leftover tickets (like it would be at clemsux). Just another thought.

Another thing, thank God Greenville is not in Pickens county!
It should be as follows:
Even Year: Carolina, Greenville, Clemson
Odd Year: Clemson, Charleston, Columbia

Who the hell wants to go to Charleston? Charleston sucks!

Bet clemson fans would be okay having the game in cola at sprint field. Yeah i bet.....

Greenville is a neutral site. If it were a home field advantage for clemsux, the Carolina fans would be sitting on the lawn and only have access to the worst seats. Plus, we'd be heavily outnumbered. Neither is true.

If clemsux played all of their home games at Flour Field, then it wouldn't be considered a neutral site. The only urange & purple and tigger paws are worn by the clemsux fans, not on the field or seats or plastered all over the stadium. They don't control the music or the the PA system.

As for jackleg, I don't think he had that much power. He was a crybaby, but Tanner stood up to him.
Greenville, SC - The Clemson University baseball team will hold the final game of its 2015 Orange and Purple Series at Fluor Field, home of the Greenville Drive, on Sunday, November 8th at 2:00 PM. This marks the third consecutive year the Tigers will conclude their annual intrasquad series in Downtown Greenville. Admission to the game is complimentary, and the Main Street gate at Fluor Field will open at noon before the teams take batting practice.

LOL

Correct. It does go the same way every year. People make reasoned, logical comments, and then someone like yourself makes wacko comments which have no basis in reality.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Bet clemson fans would be okay having the game in cola at sprint field. Yeah i bet.....

Greenville, SC - The Clemson University baseball team will hold the final game of its 2015 Orange and Purple Series at Fluor Field, home of the Greenville Drive, on Sunday, November 8th at 2:00 PM. This marks the third consecutive year the Tigers will conclude their annual intrasquad series in Downtown Greenville. Admission to the game is complimentary, and the Main Street gate at Fluor Field will open at noon before the teams take batting practice.

LOL

giphy.gif

The Orange and Purple games serve as Clemson's intrasquad series to cap off team practice for the fall. The baseball team will be divided up into two squads and play against each other with bragging rights on the line.

So clemsux rented out The Drive's stadium. The team is playing each other & it's free. It's basically practice and they're letting the rednecks come watch. That in no way gives clemsux a home field advantage when we play them in Greenville. We have just as many seats as clemsux, front row seats, etc. Plus we don't have to drive over those stupid paws on the road and aren't subjected to urange and purple and tigger paws all over the stadium. Whose home field has more fans from the opposing team?

This is basically a clemsux baseball version of Carolina's Fan Fest, which was also held at Fluor Field.

It takes more than proximity to clemsux to create a home field advantage.

Last edited:
The Orange and Purple games serve as Clemson's intrasquad series to cap off team practice for the fall. The baseball team will be divided up into two squads and play against each other with bragging rights on the line.

The clemsux team is playing each other & it's free. It's basically practice and they're letting the rednecks come watch. That in no way gives clemsux a home field advantage when we play them there. We have just as many seats as clemsux, front row seats, etc. Plus we don't have to drive over those stupid paws on the road and arent subjected to urange and purple and tigger paws all over the stadium.

This is basically a clemsux baseball version of Carolina's Fan Fest, which was also at Fluor Field.

It takes more than proximity to clemsux to create a home field advantage.
The fan fest that hosted throughout the state? Yeah exactly the same. LOL Love the spin in here.

Everyone gets it. people in the up state of course dont see the problem. Sure clemson fans would have no problem the game being hosted in cola at the very large sprint field.

The fan fest that hosted throughout the state? Yeah exactly the same. LOL Love the spin in here.

Everyone gets it. people in the up state of course dont see the problem. Sure clemson fans would have no problem the game being hosted in cola at the very large sprint field.
You're doing some pretty good spinning, yourself. An open practice is not the same as playing every home game..a real game...against other teams, on your own field. And do you think clemsux would let us hold our Fan Fest in their stadium?? Haha.

Is Spirit Park a 45 minute drive from Columbia?

I'm sure clemsux hates their "home field advantage" at The Drive's stadium. They've only won once and the other team has more fans. Haha. I'll take it.

Last edited:
Face it folks.

Greenville's Republican industrialists own the State.

Who the hell wants to go to Charleston? Charleston sucks!

Shut yo' mouth! Charleston is the Holy City, sacred ground, the Center of the Universe, Mother Earth and the ONE place in South Carolina that you can respond, anywhere in the world, to the question, 'Where are you from?' with one word . . . . Charleston. Hell's bells, man, the place even has its own LANGUAGE - although most Charlestonians are bilingual, speaking the local dialect AND Standard English. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT