ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody please explain why Greenville is considered "neutral" game site?

Greenville had 3.9 Million visitors last year according to SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism. Personally, I think there are more outdoor summer activities around Greenville, assuming you like cycling or mountain biking or white water rafting, or camping or basically anything involving the fresh air of the mountains and outdoors other than the beach. The food and dining are adequate to make Greenville a good spot to stay for day trips and outdoor activities.

Honestly, not understanding why it is necessary for some people to trash parts of the State, or at least use extreme hyperbole, about places other than where they apparently do not visit. Seems ignorant and counter-productive imo.

0B4585Rx1eawEUGpFbW04Z1A5MEE
Greenville is not a vacation destination. It is not supposed to be. But it's a heck of a better place to live for me. My daughter's family loves Charleston and they are sailers. I prefer the mountains but enjoy both. I can live anywhere I like and prefer the Greenville area. The only thing I really miss are those Palmetto Bugs. Damn I wish we had a few million of those.

TRUTH!!!

I remember driving to Columbia that night after the game was over, and my little car was getting beat up on the road by the winds.
Oh and the Clemtech-ers were all up in arms that we tried to hurt their catcher on the play at the plate. And if I recall.....the next day was the day that our old friend Jacklegg couldn't get the bus cranked up on time.....good times.

Last edited:
Batgirl speaks for everybody? I don't give a rat's azz about your "experience". all the stadiums have 3 bases and a Home Plate, 90 feet apart, that's all that matters. Oh....btw...like CQCKnFIRE says....Greenville is a dump compared to Charleston.

If the baseball diamond itself was all that mattered, there was no reason to build Founders Park.

Oh brother.....This is a waste of time. Every time I mention something, Batgirl starts to talk about her experience. Here's a little tip.....All of the Gamecock and Tater fans don't live between Columbia and Pickens County. What you're trying to tell me is....Clemson University and the University of South Carolina don't really care about their fans on the coast. If we want to see the rivalry, we need to get in our car and drive for hours....just the way it is? Like I said....what a bunch of asshats.

Oh brother.....This is a waste of time. Every time I mention something, Batgirl starts to talk about her experience. Here's a little tip.....All of the Gamecock and Tater fans don't live between Columbia and Pickens County. What you're trying to tell me is....Clemson University and the University of South Carolina don't really care about their fans on the coast. If we want to see the rivalry, we need to get in our car and drive for hours....just the way it is? Like I said....what a bunch of asshats.

If the respective universities did not care about their fans on the coast, they would not schedule away games against schools in the Charleston and Grand Strand areas, e.g., our game in Chas a couple of nights ago. Recall that we played Francis Marion in Florence a few years ago too.

Yes, I'd like to see the game rotate, e.g., I hope the Pelicans can/will make a compelling bid for the end of the decade.

Last edited:

Ummm....I could be wrong, but I think Batgirl lives in Charleston. I have no problem with them moving the game around if the other venues can provide the same atmosphere and submit a reasonable bid. Unfortunately, there is no where on the coast capable of doing that at this point, especially on point # 1. The Pelicans have the best shot at being able to accomplish that, if it was something they desired to do. Otherwise, it will probably be continuing in Greenville where it is A. Wanted, B. Promoted, C. Well Run, D. Enjoyable for all who attend, and E. Where we win.

Reactions: atl-cock
atl-cock....I'm not talking about COC, Citadel or Chas Southern. I'm talking about the best college baseball rivalry in the country, Clemson vs Carolina....PERIOD! I'm sure Batgirl has a wonderful experience driving to Greenville from Charleston every year, but everybody doesn't. This is not about the best experience, it's about fairness. Charleston probably didn't realize it had to kiss people's ASS, since it was their first time hosting. Hope MB will get a chance and do it right.

Well, I don't live between Columbia and Clemson either. I live in Charleston, and have made it to every game in Greenville, save for the Tuesday night game in 2011 and 2013 when I had another commitment. Also, I know plenty from the Charleston area, and from the upper coast (MB area), that make it to Greenville for the game. They plan accordingly for it. It can be done, if you really want to make the appropriate plans. The question is how important is it to you, really?

I love how those who refuse to make the trip to Greenville continue to complain about something they have yet to experience.

atl-cock....I'm not talking about COC, Citadel or Chas Southern. I'm talking about the best college baseball rivalry in the country, Clemson vs Carolina....PERIOD! I'm sure Batgirl has a wonderful experience driving to Greenville from Charleston every year, but everybody doesn't. This is not about the best experience, it's about fairness. Charleston probably didn't realize it had to kiss people's ASS, since it was their first time hosting. Hope MB will get a chance and do it right.
Well when you're trying to make an impression in the hopes of hosting an event multiple times, kissing butts is a large part of the equation. And Greenville has done the best job of it so far.

It's not just about the game. It's about having a wonderful full day of fun. That was the point of this neutral game from the beginning. Charleston struck out. Greenville has done nothing but hit HRs.

Last edited:

Well next time it comes up for bid, maybe the low country and the Grand Strand will place a bid that will win it, they didn't last time. I would go if the game was in MB. Going to my first one in Greenville Saturday.

Well next time it comes up for bid, maybe the low country and the Grand Strand will place a bid that will win it, they didn't last time. I would go if the game was in MB. Going to my first one in Greenville Saturday.
I like the idea of MB myself. As for why it's in Greenville, it really is this simple. Others bid, just didn't win. Not sure why that is so hard for folks to understand.

You'll have a blast Saturday.

Last edited:
Lol wow

The game is in greenville for one reason only. Clemson coach jack complained about it being anywhere else because of travel. That is a fact.

Ray is too nice let them host 2 games in the upstate.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140911/PC20/140919860

These facts just destroy your points. Greenville bid was the lowest!!!

Only reason its in greenville is because carolina gave in to jack.

He was crying so much about the game in charleston. Then it went to extra innings. Its not some secret why the game was moved.

Reactions: RashCock
Okay Batgirl, I see where our difference in opinion comes from. You're about the full day of fun, and I'm about the game. Who said I didn't understand? To Hell with a BID. This isn't a regional, it's one baseball game. It's sad that two great baseball programs are that concerned about a few more dollars. Pathetic.

CQCKnFIRE.....Don't confuse these upstate folk with "facts" I think they are still trying to get over their Charleston envy.

At least you guys drop the other nonsense about it the best spot or the "highest bidder" Just back to the personal attacks.

Stay Classy!

FWIW, no one said Greenville was the "highest bid", just the "winning bid". The two don't necessarily always go together (see smaller schools getting Regional bids over larger schools).

Again, enjoy your Saturday at home. I'll be enjoying watching a baseball game.

Lol wow

The game is in greenville for one reason only. Clemson coach jack complained about it being anywhere else because of travel. That is a fact.

Lol. Give it up boy!

Lol wow

Show us the "facts." The article merely states that Jacklegg liked the shorter bus rides; wouldn't you? How do you read "complaining" in that?

What does your nonsense in is incorrectly stating that Clemron hosts a couple of games in the upstate (proper grammar dictates using the number "two" in this instance rather than the numeral "2") when they only host one.

If the Riverdogs really want to host the game, they need to be sending reps to the games in Greenville to learn what to do to make for a better fan experience. For all any of us know, maybe they did send people last year. I would hope the Pelicans are doing likewise.

Building up a fan experience increases interest in the game. If it was simply about football, then why does the SEC have all those fan experiences at the Georgia World Congress Center preceding the SECCG? And yes, you can make a comparison between football and baseball in this instance as entertainment vehicles.

Will be interested in seeing what Charlotte does when hosting us vs the TarHoles later in the season.

Last edited:
Lol wow

Lol whatever

Show us the "facts." The article merely states that Jacklegg liked the shorter bus rides; wouldn't you? How do you read "complaining" in that.
Well if you follow gamecock baseball and you would know this was all over the forum back in 2012. They made a huge deal of having to find hotel rooms because the game went into extra innings.

Along with the "heated" bats. After that no other game were played outside of greenville. This stuff is common knowledge its just funny. We now have 2 games in Greenville market. Just over look the fact it a city use for clemson home games in the past and present. Very "neutral" as stated by the OP.

Now with jack gone hope we can have a honest bidding next time. Glad you are worry about how short of a ride clemson has. Why not play all games up there?

Reactions: USCBIRDS
Lol whatever
To all these jackleg idiots that think Greenville is a dump and that all upstate people are envious of Charleston you are nuts so go seek help please. Nobody is saying Greenville rules over Charleston. Both are great cities with alot to offer. I love Charleston and love to visit there when I can. I think we can all agree to that. Some of you need to grow up!

Well if you follow gamecock baseball and you would know this was all over the forum back in 2012. They made a huge deal of having to find hotel rooms because the game went into extra innings.

Along with the "heated" bats. After that no other game were played outside of greenville. This stuff is common knowledge its just funny. We now have 2 games in Greenville market. Just over look the fact it a city use for clemson home games in the past and present. Very "neutral" as stated by the OP.

Now with jack gone hope we can have a honest bidding next time. Glad you are worry about how short of a ride clemson has. Why not play all games up there?
LMAO. Jesus man, who are you?? Clem is a 45 minute ride from Greenville. Columbia is 90 minutes. Big FREAKING difference? Hell no!

To all these jackleg idiots that think Greenville is a dump and that all upstate people are envious of Charleston you are nuts so go seek help please. Nobody is saying Greenville rules over Charleston. Both are great cities with alot to offer. I love Charleston and love to visit there when I can. I think we can all agree to that. Some of you need to grow up!
Even if you said it people would just laugh at you.

Like i said there is NO reason to have 2 games in the greeenville market and none on the coast. When greenville had the lowest BID! Now with Jack gone i see them moving it around the state like what was always planned.

And i have no problem with having 2 games in greenville some years. It just shouldnt be every year.

LMAO. Jesus man, who are you?? Clem is a 45 minute ride from Greenville. Columbia is 90 minutes. Big FREAKING difference? Hell no!
29 miles to greenville from clemson.
104 miles from carolina to greenville.
114 miles from carolina to charleston.

Please dont let facts get in the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: USCBIRDS

Like i said there is NO reason to have 2 games in the greeenville market and none the coast. When greenville has the lowest BID! Now with Jack gone i see then moving it around the state like what was always planned.
Go back and read your posts, lol.

Batgirl is changing the debate now. Greenville won the bid? In what reality, does the lowest bid win in a one game scenario? Common sense tells you that there were other forces in effect here. Jack Leg must have had some influence, when it came to this decision. Small schools win regional bids, because of the season they had. It's a combination of season and bid.

Reactions: CQCKnFIRE
The neutral game should be rotated between Cola new park, greenville, MB and Charleston.

If they get a game in their backyard we should also some years too.

More "facts"....LOL

Fluor Field 5,700 seats
Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park 6000 seats
Pelicans Ballpark 6599 seats
Cola sprint baseball park 9000 seats.
Our field 8,242 seats

So has the lowest bid and is the smallest.

Last edited:
The Joe seats 6K. And we filled up 3/4 of that with Garnet and Black when it was here in 2012. Greenville has just won the bids, and honestly, with the street party that they do the day of the game, their atmosphere was A LOT better than what was put on here in Charleston.
Neutral game should be in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Rock Hill, and then maybe Greenville. Shame on us for not insisting this is not moved around.

Tailgatecock....You're hilarious! Greenville doesn't rule over anybody, much less Charleston. The whole state really has an inferiority complex, when it comes to Charleston. Seventy-five percent of the history of this state occurred in Charleston. Number one tourist destination in North America, four years in a row. Number three food city in the country. People really would laugh at you, if you claimed that Greenville competes.

Like i said there is NO reason to have 2 games in the greeenville market and none on the coast. When greenville had the lowest BID! Now with Jack gone i see them moving it around the state like what was always planned.

And i have no problem with having 2 games in greenville some years. It just shouldnt be every year.

Dude, I've driven many many times to Clem. Just recently, about a month ago. Took me 45 minutes to Dung Valley stadium. Give it up loser!

Tailgatecock....You're hilarious! Greenville doesn't rule over anybody, much less Charleston. The whole state really has an inferiority complex, when it comes to Charleston. Seventy-five percent of the history of this state occurred in Charleston. Number one tourist destination in North America, four years in a row. Number three food city in the country. People really would laugh at you, if you claimed that Greenville competes.
Jesus! Can you freaking read??????????????????????????? ??????????????? I never said Greenville rules over Charleston. I've said over and over that Charleston is a great city. I love visiting there!!! God man, get a freaking life!!!!!!

I've driven to WB a thousand times. With no traffic, it takes me 1 hour and 20 min. You don't know jacksi$$! You are a flame baiting 12 year old little boy. You don't even know the meaning of the word fact because your brain is clutered with stupidy!

Reactions: atl-cock
Dude, I've driven many many times to Clem. Just recently, about a month ago. Took me 45 minutes to Dung Valley stadium. Give it up loser!
I dont doubt that. It takes my grandmother 10 mins just to get out of bed.

Doesnt change the fact its 29 miles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT