ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo is Dexter Neal really going pro?

I'm assuming you mean baseball. I haven't seen him play a down in college so I'm gonna say it doesn't affect our receiving corp. I think he would help himself more if he played college ball first though.

Originally posted by TrailerParkBoy:
If so, that is a huge blow to our WR corps.
Probably depends on what round he is drafted.

First to or three rounds? I think bye bye. After that, the financial incentive is not too great.

We'd be losing one really good WR. We've recruited and will continue to recruit others.

He will likely get drafted but on his visit last weekend he spent time with the the USC baseball staff and from all signs he plans on coming to school and trying to play both sports. If he is taken much higher than anticipated then he may go but odd are he will be a late pick.

I don't know how good this guy really is at baseball, but we've gotten to the point where it's real hard to do much on our baseball team unless you're doing it full time. Guess we'll see though.

Originally posted by NaturalGC7:
Now the OP has to make up something with absolutely no value or existence. Typical on his part.
Typical a member of the select group of women on here is trying to stir up shit for no reason at all.

It's a possibility he could go pro.

No one will know - including Neal - until after the baseball draft this summer.

Maybe. Maybe not. If Jody Fuller, another four-star WR recruit, had never shown up, some would have thought that would have been a blow. Turns out, it wouldn't have been.

It's natural to assume players will live up to their billing, but many don't.

Originally posted by GWMorris:

Maybe. Maybe not. If Jody Fuller, another four-star WR recruit, had never shown up, some would have thought that would have been a blow. Turns out, it wouldn't have been.

It's natural to assume players will live up to their billing, but many don't.
EXACTLY...it is funny to hear someone say "it is a huge blow" we are losing a good Wr who is 17 yr old high school player who hasn't even entered college yet

This post was edited on 1/28 5:11 PM by bosoxcock

Perfect Game has Neal rated as the 116th best overall prospect and the 26th best outfielder available in the draft. Those could change if he has a good senior season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT