ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier has done himself in

Overreacting....Spurrier has at least 5 good years left...and an SEC Championship. Once he accomplishes that, then, he hangs it up.

We remember....and are not interested in returning to that. That is where the program seems to be headed. Miss American doesn't stay beautiful or rein forever....hey, it's the only analogy that popped into my head...lol....

Hey any Miss America with crow's feet is better than the years you are banging .....
rosieodonnell.jpg

And I've seen plenty of Rosie in Lexington till basketball season.

Find and develop another Connor Shaw to lead the offense and the ship will be right.

Last edited:
You mean 18 MONTHS ago right? I mean 3 years is pretty much the same thing as 18 months, right? You only pretty much DOUBLED the amount of time it has been since we last mopped the field with tater ass and ended the season ranked in the top five... WTF is wrong with you fools?

Just saying... Some of ya'll are acting like we just went 0-12 and the season is over. I know our fans- like any others- are irrational, misinformed, emotionally immature, unstable nut cases prone to knee-jerk childish outbursts and "fire everybody" rants after each loss... But some of ya'll really take it to a whole new level. Someone above said something about these forums being filled with the most rabid fans? BS. The most rabid fans are the ones contributing thousands/ MILLIONS to build our program into a winner. These boards are filled with 13-18 year old IDIOTS and TATERS. Any of you who thinks for one second that "I saw people say it on two different boards, so it must make sense" is a rational comment on any level- needs to just back away from the keyboard. Go read a FN book or something, experience the REAL WORLD- because whatever world you are living in right now where message board BS matters is a sad, sorry, BROKEN place. SMDH...

Nobody is happy about losing that game, nobody is excited about the directions of this season thus far. Grow the Hell up and DEAL WITH IT. The man which built this team into a winner will get his shots to fix the problems we have now. That is a fact.

I was WRONG...It was 5 years ago when we won the East and then got run out the Georgia Dome...

I will always be a Spurrier fan. That is never going to change because of what he has done for this university. I am also aware that the program is moving in the wrong direction. I would think that also falls at Spurrier's feet and on Tanner to a lesser extent. The fire is gone in Spurrier and I think we and him are just fooling ourselves to try to believe otherwise. He made a bold attempt to rekindle it in the off season but I just don't think he succeeded. I too think he is loyal to a fault and that is probably more so now than ever. You seem to try to take care of those you hold dear in the later years. I have seen it too many times and I see it here. Spurrier is a great man and wins and losses aside, he is not enjoying what he is doing. I have always said he will retire in his own time but this team and this season will take a bigger toll that all of us can imagine. In your youth you know that you always have tomorrow......in your later years you know you have to do it then and the fact that it's not happening drags you down quicker. I do not want Spurrier to hang on for 3 or 4 more .500 seasons. It's not fair to the program or his legacy. We are right for a change in coaching and program direction. We wait 3 or 4 more years and it will take a decade to pull us back......just my opinion.....and for the record, like most, I have been wrong more times in my life than right.

Why don't you and the rest of the complainers wait until this year is over! That is the time to weigh in with your opinion (and you know just like a____, everyone has one) on what needs to be done after this year!

With the lack of recruiting the past few years, our program is now in worse shape than when Spurrier took over. It is going to take at least four years to rebuild with top talent, and this coming recruiting effort has not started with a bang. I just don't think Spurrier has that much rebuilding time left in his career.
Age is just a number. One of South Carolina's finest cross country and field and track coaches (an SC Hall of Fame coach) coached into his 80's, while battling cancer. Others are old by the time they're 60. Spurrier looks fit and sounds like he has his wits about him. I think we should give it some time. We ran Brad Scott off when he went 0-11. Steve's bad year was 7-6, with a bowl win. He took us to three strait 11 win seasons, when I was wondering if we would ever win 10 again. And our recruiting over the past 5 years has an average class ranking of 19. That doesn't seem bad to me. In 30+ years of following the Gamecocks, these have been the best. So I just cannot jump on the "Steve's lost it" band wagon.

don't agree in total. At QB and WR I pretty much agree. Otherwise I think we have solid talent.
Between Nunez and McIllwain, IMO, Qb will be in excellent shape again very soon. WR may take longer.

I would like it if SOS came out and said point blank he is going for most wins by an SEC coach in the conference. That would dispell rumors he may be leaving in a yr or and would inject much needed horsepower into our recruiting the next few years.

Seriously, you think he is going to continue to coach if he has bad season after bad season. No decision will need to be made by manner. He will either win or he will quit. Its pretty simple.

I appreciate all he has done for us but if we end up 5-7 or 6-6 this year, which I hate to say is possible, give him one more year and if next year there is no improvement then we respectfully part ways. I know its because of him but our brand has never been better and we can't let it slip again or we might not get that next great coach.

Reactions: Atrimmier
Agree with 78. Yes he's done great things for this program but everything must come to an end and there's realistically no way he turns us into a top team in his remaining year(s) here. He's done what he can do. We say thank you and move on. The truth hurts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT